How to fix the Trapper

Options

Let him carry 2 traps by default, remove the "common" (actually not so common) add-on that gives +1 trap. The extra trap add-ons are too rare to run each game.

Also, the traps that spawn around the map should be armed by default so you may catch some survivors early. Why would there be unarmed bear traps scattered everywhere? Come on.

Right now he's a terrible joke you have to grind for some perks.

Comments

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019
    Options

Because that would be too big of a change and survivors would cry themselves to death.

But I agree..

Post edited by Tr0g on
  • Secreted
    Secreted Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2019
    Options

Default Starting Traps in hand increased from 1 > 2.

Default transportable Bear Traps increased from 1 > 2.

Trapper Sack - Increases Bear Trap Carrying capacity by 1.

Trapper Bag - Increases Bear Trap Carrying capacity by 2.

Stitched Bag - Increases Bear Trap Carrying capacity by 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would think it should be implemented in a way like this. This increases the amount of Traps the default Trapper has and can carry. I have changed the Bags, so their only affect is increasing the amount of Traps the Trapper can carry. This buffs the Trapper Sack, buffs the Trapper Bag and overhauls the Stitched Bag from making the Trapper have 2 additional Traps, 2 additional carried Traps to 1 additional Trap, 4 additional carried Traps (accounting the default Trapper changes). This makes it so the amount of Traps the Trapper has in a match remains the same and therefore more balanced.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2019
    Options

Let him start and carry 3 traps at base, with 3 spread around the map. Bag addons should be reworked into just being the amount he can carry at one time. This way trapper gets better access to traps without giving him access to an Ez braindead 3 gen setup in the early game.

Also, he deserves some general QoL improvements, like the ability to reset traps without picking them up. Trapper's kit can work but it needs a little more oomph.

Another thing I thought of: when disarming a trap, survivors are faced with skill checks. If they fail any, they either become injured due to their poor handling of the trap, or their hand is immediately trapped and are forced to attempt to free themselves.

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100
    Options

If Trapper can holding all trap, I'm afraid that will have the scenario that Trapper will be camping god like Bubba by placing all traps around the hooked survivor. It will boring to play as and play against ,so carry 2 traps by default is fine.

I also have other ideas to buff the trapper.

• Remove RNG from bear traps, A trapped survivor need to hold M1 for 6 seconds(or maybe 8?) to freeing themselves(can increased the duration by add-ons). If another survivor comes to free the trapped survivor, freeing speed will be increased for 100%, However only one survivor can help the trapped survivor at that time.
    • Increased the range that Trapper can pick up bear traps for 1 meters.
  • Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

I would also like more quality of life changes on pick up traps from the ground. Sometimes the trap icon bugs and doesnt appear, and I cant pick the trap so it is lose until icon appears.

• rubberduck
    rubberduck Member Posts: 12
    Options

nah, im a survivor main: trapper's traps should be set by default and there should be more of them, if youre going to have killers like freddy and spirit trapper needs to be seriously buffed.