Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Am I playing The Hag properly?

Options

Okay, I recently started playing this game (and loving it) tried a few of the Killer but my heart is set on The Hag, I love her powers and love playing as her, every game I've played as with her I've won, the gates have only been opened once in about 20 games I think, but mostly people rage quit when I hit/hook them, I don't tunnel and I very rarely get looped, most the times my traps going of result me getting a hit/down then hook. Just wondering why people disconnect a lot and send me hate mail, to which I don't mind, just let's me know I'm playing the game right xD

Thank you in advance šŸ¤˜šŸž

Best Answer

Answers

• PraiseTheBreadI
    PraiseTheBreadI Member Posts: 10
    Options

I don't know why I'd receive it either, the person said I was so bad, even tho that person rage quit the second time I hooked him/her which was hilarious

Thanks for your reply šŸ¤˜

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

I guess some people just can't accept a loss.

In that realization that they lost, they take it out on their teammates and more so the Killer.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

Some people just won't accept a loss. You'll get accused of camping/tunneling no matter what you do (not all the time.) Sometimes you accidentally tunnel, which I do at times but it can't really be helped if they run straight into you. You can even look up videos of Otzdarva when he plays the hag.

• FireHazard
    Options

Happens to me a bit on any Killer I play.

I could play in the most anti-tunnel way and still be accused of tunneling lol, just how some people are I guess.

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78
    Options

BTW, tunneling is annoying as hell (I play mostly survivor), but it is okay to do so and no reason to attack someone.

• PraiseTheBreadI
    Options

I don't tunnel intentionally, but can't be helped when Survivors are sully enough to keep running at you or repeat the same tactics over and over so it's their own fault

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

I think some people just enjoy making excuses for how they play. It's unfortunate but true.

• FireHazard
    Options
  • MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31
    Options

It's not a Hag exclusive thing, unfortunately. While playing Killer, you're gonna get a decent amount of disconnects, no matter who ya use. Granted, some killers get DC'd on more than others, but I've yet to find one killer who hasn't seen at least one DC in their games. It's most likely toxic sweatlords who can't stand the idea of taking it slow and crouching, so in order to save their ego after getting their cheeks clapped, they DC. Don't take it personal. If anything, embrace it.

1. You played fairly (which ya said ya do)

2. You abided by all the unsaid rules that survivors impose on killers (no tunneling, camping, etc. Again, ya said ya avoid these things)

3. Not only could they not beat you, but the fact that they couldn't peeved them off so much that they ran back to the campfire with their tails between their legs (Bonus points if they send ya a salty message afterwards.)

I see that as a win, even if the emblems and points don't reflect it.

• FireHazard
    Options

This was pretty funny to read.

But in a more... broader term, you'll see this stuff on any Killer you play... but you'll see it more often with killers like Spirit, Trapper (Apparently), Hag, Freddy (A lot depending on the add-ons), Oni, Billy, etc...

But some Survivors just DC because they can't accept a loss... kind of narrow minded.

• PraiseTheBreadI
    Options

I love getting hate mail šŸ˜‚ let's me know I'm doing a good job šŸ˜ˆ

• FireHazard
    Options

I keep my steam wall open just for that personally.

I find it funny tbh... and I don't even tunnel or camp, its mostly just random hate for absolutely no reason.