Survivor sided based on what.....

RakimSockem
RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I'm genuinely curious here.

For those who believe DBD is survivor biased, what are you basing this claim on?

(My personal opinion is that the game is relatively balanced with 2-3 person SWF, slightly killer sided with all solos, and only slightly survivor sides with 4 man swf.)

But like really what data ANYWHERE suggests this game is as survivor sided as people claim. Not looking for hypothetical situations. Talking about actual data

Post edited by RakimSockem on

Comments

• RakimSockem

I agree that's a problem, but that's an issue with the pipping system. It's trash and needs to be changed.

• RakimSockem

That's fair. In a situation where everyone is just pumping out gens with toolboxes and hitting every Ruin skill check, games can be very survivor sided. (I would die playing like that, it's too boring but I get your point)

• RakimSockem

I don't agree with that in all cases. I run Whispers on every killer, non-negotiable as long as I have it. I find survivors quickly and get things rolling

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I agree. Many times the killer just runs behind a survivor into an infinite and gets looped for minutes.

But many times you just can't do anything because you're playing against good survivors. The math tell you which side the game favors.

• FriendlyGuy

To be fair ulysses is one of the top survivors out there. But yeah i win my solo survivor matches like 90% of the time and i escape roughly 60% of the time.

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142

Well I never hat the impression that killers are weak. I am rank 15 and I am playing with a friend.

That means 2 premade and 2 random.

I would say we manage to escape every 3rd on some days every 4th game.

The random 2 people often just get hooked within the first few minutes and even when we save them they will be caught again quite quickly.

So basically we are 2vs1 on these matches and most of them we of course lose.

I don't know why there is no voice chat to begin with... Maybe to make the game creepier for people without friends?

When the 2 random survivors are somewhat cooperating despite the lack of communication though it is nice games.

I'd say we win half of these games.

But yea in general I maybe escape every 3rd or 4th game. And in most games when I do not escape, the entire team is butchered as well.

So I don't know about all that "survivors are overpowered" stuff... I think that might only be in high elo with 4 man premade.

For example when the killer has HEX RUIN it is so hard to escape with the 2 randoms... Maybe out of those we win every 6th game or so...

Until we find and defused the correct totem usually there is 1 to 2 dead players...

So HEX RUIN always either makes it a 2vs1 or 3vs1 or in some cases we are all sacrificed before even finding the totem and 0 generators are repaired...

I think they should just give us voice chat so they can balance the game better for all different modes.

But damn if they make killers even stronger and I will only escape one in ten games or something I will stop playing the game.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Gens can be done so quickly that it's hard to argue that the game is killer sided. In fact the only time I'd say the game is killer sided is at ranks 20-12. New players cant possibly find gens, get them done, loop and rescue each other in time unless they're smurfing.

But. And this is a BIG butt (heh), a team of good survivors (regardless of being solo or being on a squad) will make even the best killer players sweat. Gens can be done in just 80 seconds, even with ruin assuming they hit every great and that it isn't cleansed early . Meanwhile a -good- chase can last anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes (assuming the killer doesn't cut their losses and drop chase) depending on the map, pallet and window rng, and perks. This gives gen jockeys tons of time to pop several gens in the early game.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Generator time, mainly.

• qwopper47
    qwopper47 Member Posts: 40

Maps are the core issue in this game. How a beginner, intermediate, and advanced player uses map tiles is what distinguishes them. Beginners don't know how to loop and just camp pallets. Intermediates know how to loop within ONLY that tile until the pallet is dropped. Advanced players COMBO multiple tiles using window/vaults until they need to drop the pallet. This tile combo'ing is the biggest problem in the game at higher ranks. People that are good at chaining tiles can almost reset the chase and then recycle the tiles. Bloodlust and window entity blocks are a few mechanics to counter this, but they can still be too strong and waste a lot of the killer's time.

A possible fix is to this is to space out the tiles more, or add to the map algorithm how strong each tile is and limit how many of each can spawn in a map.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You can usually get off of a chase and straight on another one because of how much information and control killers have. I didn't mean always extremely literally but unless the killer is always chasing they have a small chance of winning.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Although I disagree with the information portion, I'll agree with the viability of stringing together chases :)

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The game is only as survivor sided as the map you know

• Raccoon

I don't believe that our conversation was relevant to maps at all.

• KaalSeFinRuvaak
    KaalSeFinRuvaak Member Posts: 2

I think people just like to complain. My experience is that it's about the same. I am the same rank on both killers and survivors. I progress very similarly on both sides. If you take away pipping and the ranking system, it depends on player skill and game efficiency. If you are surviving and draw skilled killers, the game is hard even more so with unskilled teammates. If you are the killer, the survivor skill and team work can make the game hard but that's part of it. The honest answer is some killers are powerful and hard to play against. However, iron sharpens iron. Learn and play harder. Being in a difficult game is part of the it, use it to hone your skills.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281

True but I'm not expecting everyone to be a God at looping like Ulysses but I just hope people look at his mentality throughout his match where his actions is mostly in consideration for the whole team and being as pain in the neck as possible for the killer like where you get downed, what gen you do, where you loop, not dropping strong pallets and taking a hit instead,etc Can really hurt a killer that has no mobility in the long run Just common sense survivors should have.

Like seriously this is my match in red ranks just now and I have Kindred and this is what I get.

Three guys not doing anything bum rushing to save me on the basement despite me having Kindred and is fully aware someone is going for the save. Third guy was out of the camera view but he's at the left hiding behind a tree.

You don't have to be a Top survivor to realize that's such a dumb thing to do really but yet Red ranks still do this. Heck all my matches so far has everyone prematurely opening exit gates and screwing the last survivor getting chased over by the timer.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Red ranks mean literally nothing for survivor. You do 1 gen, save 1 person, and you have already safetied.

Meanwhile for red rank killer it's 4k or depip lmao. Or 4k and depip!

The game is survivor sided because good survivors are all "gods" at looping like Ulysses because it's honestly not that hard to loop safe pallets, and many maps are safe pallet galore. The good thing is that most survivors are too bad to take advantage of them.

• Raccoon
  • Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

I will admit I preferred it when the ranks were shown in the lobby as a survivor. If I saw a rank 9 and two rank 10s, I would tend to think they were an SWF as the matchmaker shouldnt pull a rank 16 into that lobby. I could then dodge, or take a gamble I would safety pip. But I had the choice.

Now I have to assume the matchmaker pays note to my rank and would expect team mates around my rank same as killer. I posted elsewhere what can happen.

In addition I try to learn in harder matches when I SWF with a buddy who is a rank 8 survivor. I do depip but usually I get a neutral, sometimes even a pip depending on the match as it unfolds.

At my rank I need 6 points to safety pip. At higher ranks like 8 I think its is seven points. At red ranks I would assume it is eight points.

• Apple2o

I honestly don't pay attention enough when I play survivor. I just breeze to rank 1. You get the idea though.

• dooces
    dooces Member Posts: 27

75 killer win rate. those who think its survivor sided are just the really bad killers who dont get wins handed to them. the others believe they're really good, just ######### about the 1 guy who gets away because survivors are op.

75% says it all.

• You need to use a word that implies poor quality killer when you offer your opinion about what happens to killers. No decent killer ever gets gen rushed. NEVER EVER. If you're chasing 1 survivor for 3 minutes, then you're a bad killer at playing and a bad killer in your tactical know how. Git Gud

• dooces

dont forget the swf, dont forget keys, dont forget everything you ######### about to give survivors that 25%.

at the point stats demonstrably prove you wrong you should have the humility to keep quiet.

• FriendlyGuy

Yeah i see average survivors im red ranks too, as killer and survivor. If BHVR would fix their ranking system this problem would be way less intimidating i think.

• As you can see. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that the game is survivor sided. Just a bunch of bad players salty about their lack of skill.

The data points to killers being the winners over 50% of the time in red ranks.

Despite how easy it is to just run around, perk less, only using your attack and still get wins as killer lol

• Apple2o

The developers themselves said to not use the stats to argue game balance. Silly goon.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

How about the fact that a survivor can still escape with five gens up by a magical randomly spawning hatch even if they did absolutely nothing all game.

It just irritates me to get 3 survivors gone and find the last teabagging on the hatch with 5 gens up.

• dooces

oh, since they said not to, well then, who am i to hold their stats and make them justify it? much easier to just ask people to not pay attention. stats are stats. come up with any rhetoric you want, the stats say it all.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

You're low rank, people here are talking about people that are good. Of course at low rank you're going to be teamed up with potatoes. Get to the higher ranks and watch the killer get bullied or better yet play as killer into the high ranks then come back and talk to us...

• SoulSever
    SoulSever Member Posts: 40

This game has always favoured survivors and this is still the case, just search for Marth88's experiments.

Whether the killer wins is not determined by how good the killer is, it is determined by how many mistakes survivors make.

Just take into consideration that a chase will last 40-60 seconds if not more, and before the chase even begins it usually will take 10-30 seconds to find a survivor, that would be 50-90 seconds. A generator (without accounting for great skillchecks or toolboxes, Prove Thyself, etc) takes only 80 seconds to complete and they can be repaired simultaneously. This means that by the end of your first chase, if the survivors are efficient, you will be hearing 2-3 generators be completed, and even if they are not repaired by then you will probably hear their completion as you walk up to them, it is why every killer uses Ruin, Pop Goes the Weasel or Corrupt Intervention and slowdown perks.

And then there are the things that make chases last even longer, pallets within 10 metres of each other, overpowered loops (Most of the main buildings, the entirety of Haddonfield, and connected tiles) , large maps in which generators are repaired faster than you walk in between them, exhaustion perks for free distance and probably something else I forgot to list.

Conclusion: This game is not killer sided.

• Apple2o
    edited December 2019

I almost can't play nice at red ranks and win, at least not without playing someone like spirit.

I can get into a game as ghostface, walk to a gen, stalk someone to exposed, get into a tiny 20~ second chase, down them, and 2 gens have popped. How is it even possible to win the game doing the chases one at a time? I am not sure it is. There are simply too many safe pallets on the maps.

The most infuriating thing in this game is when I go out of my way to play nice, and still get BM'd in the endgame chat. Hey, the meg got downed at 5 gens and went into the basement. But I still let her out without contest. Still hook everyone, get robbed of a 4k by a 4% into DS at the exit gate "NOOB KILLER EASY GAME LOL"

That's why I don't care about survivors fun anymore.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Assuming that both sides play efficiently, the game is survivor sided. For one simple reason, time. Time is not on the side of the killers. This is of course assuming that the map is neutral. The map can swing things alot in one sides favor.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

But games stats show high rank games end up more on killer wins that anything