This game favors killers, fix it

Options

Hey there, DBD fans

This game is fun and really challenging but it has bulls**t among it. First, let's delve deep into the issue concerning the chainsaw users. Players abuse the shite out of this mechanic usually as the Hillbilly by

1. Using it to get across maps faster
  2. Literally just to get a one-shot on players they're chasing
  3. NO. COOLDOWN.

Leatherface has the ability to see you when he hooks a player, and his chainsaw lasts for so long that it's ridiculous, so it's absolutely necessary that he gets a cooldown.

Giving everyone in the game the chance for DLC character perks in Shrine of Secrets is not fair at all, nor is giving survivors DLC only perks either, but it is understandable to some degree. On the topic of DLC characters, if we're paying real world money for the DLCs, we should also get some of the outfits the get too. $8.00 for two characters is lame.

Camping, Body-blocking, and a load of other killer cheese tactics need penalties and should not be supported despite if the player is new. They should learn that this game lets you win just as much as it lets you lose, because let's face it, this game is trash with players camping, and is definitely not fun for others. A good way to counter this is not giving points to the campers, or stun the killer and move them out the way.

That's it.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,327
    Options

Pretty much everyone agrees that Leatherface is underpowered, giving him a cooldown would be the worst decision BHVR could make. Especially now that multiple killers have seen nerfs.

Billy is a very balanced killer in my opinion. Fast map travel and an instadown doesn't make pallets or windows useless in any way. Survivors still have the defenses they need against those killers. Windows and pallets are particularly good at denying chainsaw killers their one shot against you, since they have to charge their chainsaw, which gives you time to use a pallet or vault against them. If there is anything that can occasionally be a problem, it's BS hitboxes.

Camping sucks, I agree, I would definitely like to see a nerf to camping in the future. Bodyblocking I don't see a problem with at all. Especially since survivors can also bodyblock a killer.

• Aki_Devil
    Aki_Devil Member Posts: 2
    Options

Then everyone who bodyblocks can get a penalty

Leatherface is underpowered? I think you're making a really bad joke lol. As I said, chainsaw lasts for so long and comes real fast, and BBQ and Chili exists as well.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Oh my lord.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Wait so using the purpose of your power to move across the map and one shot people is abuse now? Leatherface is considered underpowered by most and Billy is considered balanced. Both can be looped. "Giving everyone in the game the chance for DLC character perks in Shrine of Secrets is not fair at all" This isn't a problem at all if you are purchasing licensed DLCS most don't care about the perks but the character.

"Camping, Body-blocking, and a load of other killer cheese tactics" All have very simple counters that make the KIller lose already for doing them. Body-blocking just don't go into a corner, very simple. Camping, do gens instead of trying to save the person on the hook. None of these are actual issues

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,327
    Options

Once you learn more about the game and understand the strengths and weaknesses of killers better, I think you'll also realise that Leatherface isn't very strong. But if you stick with your opinion, that's fine. It's just not me who is saying this though, most people seem to agree that he is pretty weak. He has nothing to help him with map pressure, and his chainsaw, while it can insta down, doesn't help him catch survivors at loops.

And while I think Bodyblocking is fine, in fact it's more frequently helpful for survivors than for killers, I'm curious as to what penalties you have in mind?

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2019
    Options

If a killer bodyblocks you, it's your fault (you don't have any excuses, you shouldn't be in a corner against chainsaw killer).

Leatherface is the weakest killer, he's chainsaw last long but you can deny his power when you loop well. Bbq and chill has so many counters (hiding in a locker, stay in terror radius and etc)

(Sorry for the english, i'm not english speaker)

• BasedMorlis
    BasedMorlis Member Posts: 29
    Options

Bro, I don't know how to tell you this, but you're way off the mark here. The game is SUPPOSED to let the killers have the upper hand. While people like to complain about killers being underpowered are rampant and not correct, this is even farther off the mark. There are ways to counter any killers play style, and each one has a unique way to play. Claiming the game, designed to be 4 survivors against 1 killer, shouldn't lean a little in the killers favor, is just silly.