New Mode Coming: Kill With Friends

Options

Actually it’s not BUT I would like community feedback! NOPE NOT TWO KILLERS

A new third play style, not survivor, not killer, but Entity Spawn (Entlings?!)

These impish creatures assist killers and earn BP for themselves. How it works:

1) They travel the map doing no damage to survs directly but break dropped pallets, reveal survs, slow gen progress, etc.

2) New cosmetics and abilities for these evil sprites!

3) passing info to the killer central ability. Remember comms is not cheating! This would actually balance all the daily posts around SWF is bad and we want new gameplay posts.

lots of possibilities here! How fast would they be, how big, what abilities, how long to perform their actions. Picture this:

They can rob chests and run around with the item but they glow. You flashlight them and they drop it unable to pick it back up. The item is now “touched by the entity” giving it greater power and allowing survivors to turn the entities power against it somehow!

Comments

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    edited December 2019
    Options

Interesting but this remind me of the “proxies” from a multiplayer slender man survival game.

A player could hit a critical 1% chance to spawn as one or they have to pay $1 to force spawn in a current match.

The problem is proxies were really annoying to go against and would pester you like flies when you tried to eat.

The only way to counter them was to flashlight them until they went invisible or equip a perk that costs 20 hours of your life to unlock or pay $2 for.

The main issue was that multiple players would force spawn as proxies in a match and make it impossible for you to have a fair chance at winning.

Now these entity proxies can mess around with items and break pallets which I think a perk could do.

It all has a chance to be annoying to the survivors because if the killer has multiple “little helpers” running around breaking stuff and running away with your item or breaking a gen or chest right in front of you, you’d be frustrated.

Especially if you have 4 entity proxies and each one was devoted to bugging one survivor.

Also the entity is supposed to be neutral this all seems to negatively affect survivors.

With a bunch of balancing this would be a nice idea I would like to see in a test build.

Post edited by MysticAdvisor on
  • Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

Sounds interesting.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Quite a interesting idea but could you flash them in general or are they only able to be flashed when carrying a item?

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471
    Options

Actually sounds cool. Would be cool to have a 2nd player be an assistant that can travel the map and inform you of things.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

The dev argument for game modes has been "but it would pull our attention away from other more important things"