Hatch standoff suggestion

I guess hatch standoffs are usual on this point. This looks so out of game atmosphere and so stupid, but it's fair to have last surv to escape. without hatch last surv almost have no chances to escape. but for killer this becomes to waiting simulator for mistake if he wants to win.
To remove that stupidest part from the matches, I suggest to permanently open the hatch only in the end, when 1 surv remains and one (or both) gates are opened.
For those, who just repaired 2+ gens, hatch should open for 1-2 min. so both players will be sure that stand-off won't be infinite. so killer have to wait near hatch only 1-2 mins then he have to look for surv. and surv won't wait for killer's patience and mistake to escape. he'll have to think the right tactic to escape (hatch + gen actions both).

(i don't know version devs are planning with close hatch by killer, but i guess it's better to close hatch not permanently. to killer time that and make a scedule, not just close that and don't care about it. it still will be kinda random/luck hatch standoff, still it'll be more about mind-game/planning tactic, not just who first found - won)

Comments

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104

A killer with Whispers could deny you doing anything, if you're near the hatch they can sit on hatch till they find you. if you're not near hatch they'll move till Whispers turns on but keep the hatch between them and you. If they find you, they can follow you until you do something that will let them grab you.

Basically, if the killer has Whispers it will still be a stalemate, but only for 2 minutes. Then the killer wins.

For killers without Whispers this idea is pretty good actually.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

@soshidow said:
    A killer with Whispers could deny you doing anything, if you're near the hatch they can sit on hatch till they find you. if you're not near hatch they'll move till Whispers turns on but keep the hatch between them and you. If they find you, they can follow you until you do something that will let them grab you.

Basically, if the killer has Whispers it will still be a stalemate, but only for 2 minutes. Then the killer wins.

But its only killer found hatch first.

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104

@Rattman said:

@soshidow said:

That's true, but if the survivor finds hatch first it doesn't even matter if there's a timer

• Rattman

@soshidow said:

@Rattman said:

@soshidow said:

That's true, but if the survivor finds hatch first it doesn't even matter if there's a timer

Survivor has to cover pretty big amount of map's territory before he finds it. Its possible that you even don't find it in time.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

If killer finds the ######### hatch 1st it is the ONLY RIGHT THING that he CAN CLOSE IT! No ######### bullshit like now where the last survivor just has his escape guaranteed. It's so stupid and idiotic and i really really hope that they ######### release hatch patch with next chapter. Not mid chapter patch but with the release of the next chapter.

• Rattman

@MaxiferPriest написал:
    i really really hope that they [BAD WORD] release hatch patch with next chapter.

• Acroyear
    Acroyear Member Posts: 33

I like the idea of closing hatch and 2 min timer better in other topic. just this is kinda stupid in this random hatch appearing in front of surv or killer. more fair for both that it appear far away from both or in kinda between them (or same distance) spots. Or just not near player, so both could make right decisions which direction he'll move to find it. not just dumb luck

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

Why would survivors get a free escape if they did not perform in a game where survivors are OP and can easily win in less then 5min? There should be NO hatch cuz if they f**k up they will die, that's just it. But cuz there is hatch since survivors don't yet have enough second chances, closing the hatch is the least devs can do!