The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An incentive to lag more as killer

There appears to be no parity check between killer/survivors on a timeline on the servers so whatever actions the killer registers and send to the server will happen. Lag on both sides will create some extremely wild killer-sided hits.

Lag caused me smack a to strangely-slow-walking claudette 4 times before teleporting 10 feet away from her downed body. After looking around in confusion, she proceeded to DC.....and I don't blame her. I didn't check where she was playing from...maybe from mobile internet from guam.

Maybe fix the issues in the game before creating more issues with this half-thought-out fix to "dcing"

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Lag for killer is not beneficial. It means delay for movement, using the power, breaking pallets and generators.

Yes, hits appear to be clientside, but thats litterally the only upside the killer gets.

• garbageman
    garbageman Member Posts: 9

There's no delay for movement since client side still functions while there's lag. If you "hit" a survivor on your client side it'll send the packet to the server that there was a connection/hit...and that survivor will get hit no matter if they're 10 feet past a window, attempted a dead hard, or dropped a pallet during the lag time.

Dead Hard is probably the best explanation since the survivor needs to send a packet to the server, the server then sends it to the killer which is two legs of potentially laggy data traffic. If you hit the survivor before you receive the deadhard packet then you'll tell the server that you hit the survivor before a deadhard and the server tells the survivor they're down.

Seems like old carryover logic from original killer-hosted logic but both side lag helps killer out now rather than just killer lag.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited December 2019

I'll tell you this friend, there's game lag and then your internet.

Check which one is causing the issue, see if what you're using to play is stable, lag is not fun or beneficial as said, Legion has lag when he is in Frenzy, making him shake and BE SLOWER THAN HOW HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Do not promote or incentivize lagging and connection issues.

• garbageman
    garbageman Member Posts: 9

It doesn't need promoting...just fixing. People are already VPNing to play in other areas. It's twice as bad on the survivor side. Just pallet stunned a killer, took two steps then got hit through the pallet.