Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is it possible to finish the rift pass if I start now?

Options

So I've been on a hiatus from the game since like... august(I think) and I first now saw the rift pass, So my question is as the title says, Is it possible for me to finish the rift before it dissapears and if not is there any way for me to still get the cosmetics?

Answers

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2019
    Options

Honestly, I would say NO. You could potentially get most of the cosmetics, IF you do every single challenge in the coming 3 weeks. But this time frame is tight. Queue times can be long, and many of the challenges rely on rng or pure luck. I bought the pass when it was first released and I'm at level 64. You may want to save your money until the next Tome.

As far as I know, once the rift ends, all the unlockables will be lost forever. For right now, I'd focus on getting the serums so you can get free Halloween skins.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Mlorious

To finish the entire Rift pass would require you to play about everyday up until it ends AND do every challenge in the tome.

This is because not all of the Rift Fragments that make up the Rift pass is rewarded in the tome challenges themselves, it's also made up of a lot of grinding through regular game-play in-game. Each 800XP gained in a match rewards the player with 1 Rift Fragment each time...

How many Rift Fragments are given after each level and is completed and finished?

Well, here's the total amount of Rift Fragments for each Tome lvl (I had to count each challenge rewards to find this out...)

Level 1: 93 Rift Fragments

Level 2: 84 Rift Fragments

Level 3: 90 Rift Fragments

Level 4: 68 Rift Fragments

Total: 335 Rift Fragments

This means that's only 33 out of 70 Tiers completed WITH 5 Rift Fragments left over for Tier 34. Every 800 EXP gained in-game rewards 1 Rift Fragment for The Rift, so you'd need about... 365 more Rift Fragments to get to Tier 70 on The Rift.

Is this possible to do while doing the challenges and gaining EXP on top of getting Rift Fragments in The Rift AND afterwards when all the challenges is done? In 18 days left?

No, it isn't i'm afraid. You'd have to spend hours of your time for 18 days to get about right where Tier 70 is. If you did that is it possible? It's hard to say, each game is different, and not every match rewards 800 EXP on the spot for 1 Rift Fragment.

So if you did spend like, 4+ Hours in-game a day for 18 days than you might reach Tier 70? But obviously that's unrealistic... unless you have the time.

Final verdict

It's not possible no, you'd have to spend unrealistic amounts of time in-game while doing the challenges simultaneously... while also only having 18 days to do it.

Sorry, but no you won't be able to do it in my opinion. You can get a decent ways into the Tiers, but not to 70 no.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

I've nearly finished the Rift, and it's taken me about 150 hours. Even if you were very lucky with disconnects and queue times and fast games, I estimate it would take you at least 100 hours. So you would have to spend a minimum of 5.5 hours a day, every single day for the next 18 days, Christmas included, to even hope to unlock the Rift Pass.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely to be realistically achievable? No.

If you managed to complete all challenges in the Tome in that time, though, it would probably get you to at least tier 40 or maybe even 50, which is a fair way along the track. I'd say it definitely took me less than 18 days in total to complete all the challenges, so that part is definitely doable. You can also buy Rift tiers for 100 auric cells (1USD) each, so if you see how far you get in the next 17 days and then buy the rest that would be one way you could complete the Rift in time.

If you don't manage to complete the Rift and/or don't want to spend money buying tiers, you can almost certainly still acquire the outfits. The devs have stated that almost all of the cosmetics from the Rift will arrive in the Store in the future, to give players like you who missed out the opportunity to enjoy them. However, it will be at least 6-12 months before that happens, so you'll have to wait a while.

• FireHazard
    Options

All challenges get you to tier 33, I counted it (yes I actually went back to count it).

It could get you to 40 because of the 800XP Rift Fragment bonuses... but it's more like 38 or so.

It's possible, it's just highly unrealistic and would require sleepless days and nights to get ahead. It isn't worth the trouble...

• Fibijean
    edited December 2019
    Options

I think you may have missed a master challenge in your calculations, because by my count completing all challenges, including the epilogues, will get you to tier 34 exactly.

It would take at least 104 games to complete all challenges, assuming you complete every challenge in the minimum number of games necessary. At a rate of 600XP per game on average, that would earn you 78 Rift Fragments, without even factoring in the first game of the day bonuses.

So by completing all challenges, you should get to tier 41 at an absolute minimum.

For most people I've seen, it seems to realistically take somewhere in the 150-200 hour ballpark to complete the Rift. So it wouldn't require any sleep loss, it would just require you to play DBD like it's a very demanding full time job, for like 8-12 hours a day, every single day until it closes. It's a lot, but technically doable. So it's up to OP whether they feel it's worth the trouble or not.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

we'll move onto the math

We'll say that the OP does every challenge in the first match they activate it. That's 74 challenges and 74 matches. On average, we'll say each match gave the OP 600 EXP each to be modest, that's only shy of 800 EXP (the total that gives a free Rift Fragment).

74 x 600 = 44,400 thousand EXP. If it was 800 each game, it would be 59,200 thousand.

Since it isn't though, this is only about 55 Rift Fragments. If it was 800 each game, that would be 74 Rift Fragments.

Anyways, 55 Rift Fragments added onto the 340 Rift Fragments that the challenges gave would give the OP only 395 Rift Fragments... so that's only 39 and a half tiers they would get. So I was basically almost right with my guess, I was only 1 and a half Tiers off! (That's pretty cool imo).

Anyways, the minimum would be 39 and a half Tiers, not 41... only 2 off from the actual estimate. So, unless my math is off for some reason, than this is about all he'd get in The Rift after completing 74 challenges AND getting an average of 600 EXP for each of the 74 matches it took.

But of course this isn't always the case and each match is unpredictable. Some matches you can get absolutely destroyed, other matches can yield a perfect or near perfect score. It's entirely unknown how OP would do if he started RIGHT NOW at this very second of my reply.

The match can definitely be skewed depending on the OPs skill-set as a Survivor, Killer, or both! So it's hard to pin-point a minimum EXP gain that they would get, and or how many matches it'll take to complete every challenge. To get the stats above would mean you're extremely lucky, but it would also mean you're one of the best players... mainly because these stats above are for an example and are not a realistic goal.

The match can change depending on the first game of the day bonuses, but we'll leave those out for the sake of... something.

it boils down to this...

Time, the OPs skill set, their luck with challenges, and how often they play. If they play 2 hours a day, than they won't get to tier 70... it just isn't possible.

Me saying "It would take sleepless nights and days" was kind of a joke, but realistically, it would take them about a minimum of 5 hours each day, every day, for 18 days straight... this includes Christmas, New Years, and a bit into the start of January to do.

We also don't know if they have school, if they work a lot, etc. It really, really, REALLY, depends on their availability and willingness to do this.

But like I and you said, it's do-able... but it's unrealistically do-able... if that makes sense.

[edit] APPARENTLY I forgot to carry a 5 when counting...

So I changed what I wrote above to reflect the accurate amounts...

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • Fibijean
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yeah, I get what you're saying. We're both agreed that it depends on OP.

On the maths part, though, you didn't take into account the fact that some challenges are impossible to complete in one game. That's why I said it would take a minimum of 104 matches to complete them all.

Also I'm not sure what you're counting from but I checked again and I believe Level 4 has 6 normal challenges and 9 master challenges, which is a total of 63 fragments (18 + 45), plus the 10 earned from the epilogue, so 73. Not that it really matters, it's a difference of 5 fragments so it doesn't change the answer to the question overall, but accuracy is always good 🙂

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

It was an estimate, that's why I also said and I quote "To get the stats above would mean you're extremely lucky, but it would also mean you're one of the best players... mainly because these stats above are for an example and are not a realistic goal."

Meaning, the stats I gave above is just an example and not an actual thing that anyone could possible do... mainly because of how hard some challenges are, or some re-trys are needed.

For some reason when I counted up Lvl 4, I forgot to add one 5. Than I did it again and kept doing it until I somehow fixed what I was doing wrong... despite counting it correctly.

So yes, it's 73, and yes it's tier 34 not 33. Despite that, it really honestly does not matter. The point still stands above, it's something that isn't really realistic which we both agree on.

But despite all these estimates we're giving him, it isn't accurate to how he would do in-game himself... so its honestly meaningless, since we have no idea how he'd personally do with all 4 levels and gaining EXP in-game.

For all we know, he could be a Rank 20 or Rank 1 god, WHO KNOWS! Only he does...

Also, I edited above the actual amounts... but only the last comment I made, not the rest.

• Fibijean
    Options

Yep. I was just trying to make the point that he will be basically guaranteed to get to at least tier 40, if he can complete every challenge in the Tome. Beyond that it's up to him.

• FireHazard
    Options

Right, we have no idea how he'd do afterwards...

Time is ticking anyways, so who knows if he's working on it right now!... or not... idk.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Technically yes, since you can simply buy all tiers.

That'll cost you a lot though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

as many have already said, no from pure gameplay yo wont be able to get it.

i'm at tier 59 and im already sweating like crazy xD

though, you could theoretically buy all of them to obtain them.

regarding the cosmetics, the devs have said these will enter the shop sooner or later, so you will be able to obtain them even after the rift closes.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Honestly the devs should just make it so you don't have to equip challenges and can just do them all at once like pretty much every other game with a battle pass does. Or at least make it so you can do all of the challenges of the tome you're currently on and just make it so there are slightly more challenges.

• FireHazard
    Options

Yeah but... that's like, 7k Auric Cells from tier 1?

I forget how much that is in real dollars, 70$ I think?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
  • FireHazard
    Options

T E C H N I C A L L Y !

But yeah, if he wants to do that than... he can. If we're talking right now from Tier l, than I don't think so. Maybe if he started when we had 18 days left, but not now no.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Depends on how much you like coffee.

• VII_Seven
    VII_Seven Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2019
    Options

i started around your time im almost half way so i think it will be tight to get it all done unless you spend abit of money to boost your tiers

• FireHazard
    Options

Or sleep deprivation, depending on your sleep patterns.