Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Before implementing DC penalties, Fix your maps!

Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with most of the maps for most of the killers, but you look at certain maps with different killers and you realize what the heck is going on and why most killers DC when they get on certain maps. The maps that I'm referring to I feel should be rather obvious, and until they are fixed, why are you implementing DC penalties for basically what amounts to losing as soon as those maps load up for certain killers.

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2019

I would like to see maps like Thompson House become less survivor sided and also maps like Hawkins to become less killer sided but idk when that's gonna happen. Some maps like The Game just need complete reworks to make it less of a frustration filled mess for everyone that isn't daddy Myers and his scratched mirror.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

........... or you accept that there are maps that are better for either side, stick around in the game, gain some BP and NOT make 2-4 other people hate you. Just saying.

A match could easily turn around for a Survivor team if they have that one last person there, even if it's to occupy time being hooked and disabling a hook, or even something like taking the killer's mori adds a couple of seconds to everyone else's life expectancy. Who knows! You might even just safety-pip.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I agree with you, but there are very few times where I'll just DC because it's not worth it. Hyperdoc on the game is literally unwinnable. Huntress on haddonfield isn't worth it either

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Even then, you can just suicide on the Survivor's side. You get some Bloodpoints, AND disable a hook for a good while. As for killers, well, that's a bit more tricky. I had 2 Survs DC quickly after I got them good with Trapper, so I got the other 2 to farm and escape. Too many times the other Survivors suffer because someone got mad they got downed within the first 30 seconds.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I don't see any map that is really worth a DC. And what do you call a win? Below 5 hooks? That wouldn't be a problem of the map then. So far I managed to get to a 4k on every map without necessarily facing potato teams. It just gets annoying if you have pro loopers on the near infinity loops like wretched shop or disturbed wards, but that are single loops and not on every map and only evil when facing really good survivors.

Not denying that there are some adjustments necessary, but I see bigger problems on other things in this game

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I play on xbox and i hardly ever see a killer DC. I may just play 20 games and count the number of dcs per side just for kicks

• DrakeKiller101
    DrakeKiller101 Member Posts: 26

To everyone who replied to this, I'm not saying it's okay to DC, I have only DCed maybe twice just because I had crap matches before and didn't feel like dealing with any BS that time around because I knew that if I did I would've just ended up playing like an a** myself; and I try my damndest to not do so. I'm just saying that going against a survivor every game that runs immediately to the infinite after getting hit once gets annoying after the second time it happens, and going with a long wall as Huntress isn't very fun either. I usually play every killer on any map without too much complaining, but when I see people abusing stuff just because "it's in the game, so I can" get on my nerves, and going against it every game makes me start getting annoyed and play like an a**, and I never want to do that.

• DrakeKiller101
    DrakeKiller101 Member Posts: 26

And I will elaborate on this a little, as far as me DCing is concerned at least. When I say I have only DCed twice, I meant out of annoyance of map choice for the killer that I used at that time. I'm not saying that I have only DCed twice out of my entire game time, I have done it quite a few more times then that, as far as how many exactly, however, I couldn't say. However, all the other times I have DCed were caused by me running into a bug that appeared for one reason or another that made it impossible for me to continue playing, which brings me to the other point that I failed to mention when I made the original post, "Fix your game before implementing DC penalties." I'm not saying that the game is unplayable, just that there are many bugs that tend to appear, be them sound or gameplay, that make most games unplayable until they are fixed.