Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Console reporting

Options

If a killer knocked me down and just kept tbagging until endgame is there a better way I can report him directly if I've got video of them and their username? I feel console reporting directly isnt as good.

Answers

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

T-bagging is not reportable, even if it's the killer doing it.

In game reporting is the way to go about it.

• mightymorphinjustin
    Options

Normally I get that its not reportable but this was full on trolling. Let the endgame run out and was just ontop of me the whole time. I would feel like the way they went about it isnt just tbagging but alas. Its just a shame a player does that and cant really be reported for trolling. Thanks.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@mightymorphinjustin

What the Killer did was... distasteful yes, but there was a "definite end" to the match. What I mean by "definite end," is that there was a for sure end to your match in the foreseeable future...

This means despite being t-bagged until you got hooked or killed by the bleed-out, you still would've died from either of the two... despite it taking a bit of time. If for example, they trapped you in a corner and than left the monitor to go get take out, than that would be "holding the game hostage" which has no foreseeable end to it. This is because it's unknown when they'll return, if they'll DC, or if they'll kill you after 5 hours of sitting there.

The only thing keeping you there is you, since you can DC anytime you want... but it's still seen as "holding the game hostage" since you're forced to do nothing BUT DC to escape that ordeal. Something like downing you and than t-bagging you until you bleed out or get hooked on 1 second from bleed out isn't "holding the game hostage." Mainly because of the thing I said above, there was a definite end. You would of either died from bleed-out or died from being hooked... if you were body-blocked in a corner by the Killer, than it's unknown when the game would end.

anyways, here's your options.

You can report the player in-game for trolling and than try to pursue it with a follow up ticket to the support team. But if you were expecting a permanent ban or temp-ban, than that's up to the devs to decide.

Do I personally think they would get banned for this? No. Because they technically didn't really break any rules... you still died either way, despite it taking so long. And while I apologize for that experience, it's still not grounds for a ban.

Besides all that, here's the support link

As stated above, if you want to pursue this with a support ticket, than here's the support link: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

If you didn't report them in-game first though, than don't bother submitting a support ticket... since an in-game report is mandatory.