Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Kill the obsession

Options
Merlin
Merlin Member Posts: 13

What is the best killer to use to kill the obsession?

Answers

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

anyone that can use Nemesis efficiently ?

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    Options

Freddy i guess, u can tunnel the obsesion after being unhooked without being affected by Borrowed Time.

• AllenMicheal
    AllenMicheal Member Posts: 3
    Options

Michael Myers or the Spirit

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

I assume you mean for the challenge, in which case I'd say use whichever killer you're personally best at, but make sure they have an obsession perk so you don't have to hope survivors bring DS or something for you to even have an obsession to kill.

Myers (Dying Light, Save The Best For Last, Play With Your Food), Spirit (Rancor), Plague (Dark Devotion), Freddy (Remember Me), Ghostface (Furtive Chase) and Oni (Nemesis) all have teachable obsession perks.

Ideally, you would use Furtive Chase (Ghostface) or Nemesis (Oni) because they allow you to easily switch obsessions, meaning you can get multiple survivors' worth of progress on the challenge in one match. But of course, you don't have to use the associated killer, as long as you have that teachable perk unlocked on other characters.

Basically, use whichever killer you're best at who also has one of the above perks available.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019
    Options

@Merlin

All I did was down and hook everyone until their last hook in a game. Than with Nemesis (The Oni's perk) I would down and hook each Survivor that was the obsession, than I would chase the next Survivor and intentionally let them drop pallets on me so the obsession would change to them (Thanks to the perk Nemesis).

Afterwards, i'd down them and than hook them. They'd die, and I'd do this to the 3rd and 4th Survivor. This is the easiest and fastest way to get a 4k 4 obsessions sacrifice in one game... so i'd suggest also doing the same thing.

The Killer really doesn't matter since any will do, you just need Nemesis and any Killer you're best with to pull this off. For me, I did this with The Oni to keep it simple... since it is his perk after all! Than I played normally and got everyone to their last hook and the rest follows suite.

seriously...

No special perks (except one) and no special Killers is required. You just need the Killer you're best with and Nemesis. That's literally it... everything else is up to you, you can center the build around obsessions with Remember Me! and or Furtive Chase for example... but if you can snowball in a match with your best Killer and Nemesis, you should be fine.

Remember...

Nemesis requires you to get hit by a stun, so flashlight stuns, pallet stuns, Head-On Locker stuns all work. You get stunned, that Survivor becomes the obsession, they die on their last hook, than you intentionally get stunned again to repeat the cycle.

Nemesis also gives you the undetectable status effect when the obsession changes. So you'll have a 0 Terror Radius as well when you switch the obsession out. Maps like Lery or The Game are pretty good with this benefit!

• Merlin
    Merlin Member Posts: 13
    Options

So sacrificing counts as a kill? I thought you had to kill them with a hex or mori?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

That was just my way of doing it, killing all of them with a Hex or Mori also works... but if you want to ensure that each person becomes the obsession... you'll need Nemesis. Than when you have them all on death hook OR everyone is hooked once, you than kill the person that's currently the obsession and follow along with getting hit with a pallet to make another Survivor turn into the obsession.

Than you keep going until all 4 or dead. If you mess up, and someone escapes, than you can just play 1 more game and kill the obsession there... since if someone escapes in that first game, you still killed 3 obsessions in one game.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

In general, if a challenge says "kill by any means" that means that any kind of kill will work. Mori, hex, sacrifice, even an EGC sacrifice would probably count. The only time a mori or hex is compulsory is if you are asked to "kill by your own hand".