Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chapter 9 Predictions?

Anyone wanna have a guess on what chapter 9 will be like?
Licensed or Generic killer?
Good or Bad killer?
Good survivor perks or survivor perks equivalent to surveillance?

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Good or Bad killer?

I wanna see a killer that can throw a hook at you and pull you to him for a hit. Additionally we need more hex perks and obsession based perks so hopefully we will get some! :)
  • TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108

@Nickenzie said:
    TheEliteTurtle said:

Good or Bad killer?

I wanna see a killer that can throw a hook at you and pull you to him for a hit. Additionally we need more hex perks and obsession based perks so hopefully we will get some! :)

That could be like a pirate killer, where he lures you in with an anchor or something like that. Also YES, hex perks are neat so I hope we see at least 1 new one.

• TheEliteTurtle
    edited August 2018

@Delfador said:

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    Good or Bad killer?

I really don't want to see a licensed killer. Why?

They don't have control over them as much as they have control over their own creation. Generally, their licensed killers are really weak except for myers and even he is not that good. Creating cosmetics and all the related stuff is also another problem.

They need to create another top tier killer that is difficult to play but rewarding like nurse. She/he shouldn't be more powerful than nurse but something close to her would be very nice. The new killer's perks should be game changing and allowing us to play in different styles. For example, although freddy is not a good killer, his perk set is unique and allows different gameplays.

I think that both survivor's and killer's perks should be powerful and useful enough for us to give up our own perks.

If I were them, I would go with church and killer priest concept with a good christian boy or a girl as a survivor. Yes it is overused and predictable but it feels like this community already wants generic killers like priests, clowns etc.

IDC if its a licensed killer or not. I'd like a licensed killer for chapter nine just because it seems it would be a good time for one. It just depends on what the gameplay concept is for it. Remember Freddy when he first came out? He was amazing! My point being is that if it is a licensed killer, then I hope it's like ATLEAST Leatherface or Clown equivalent in terms of tier.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

New original killer, B tier, One stall killer perk, Niche survivor perks, Female killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    A mediocre killer with some situational perks that only exist as a bandaid. 
    Survivor is a Chinese male with something that compensates the exhaustion nerf. Maybe a perk that lets you regenerate exhaustion while running.
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Based off of what the devs have been saying lately, I think the next killer will be focused around area control and making the survivors play stealthy.

They have expressed a concern with how people feel games are going by too quickly, so they want to add more meaningful things to do outside of gens. They also have been trying to create perks/characters that counter the current metas.

Idk at all what the killer will be lore/story wise, but it is very possible that we will finally see a flying or climbing killer that can look for survivors from a high vantage point. The perks will almost certainly focus on rewarding you for not camping and playing differently from what the current meta is.

I know this is vague, but these are the only things that I am confidant in with what we have so far.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    Good or Bad killer?

Bad killer as usual. The fact that they buff survivors rlly hard wont make it better for the new "clown".

• TheEliteTurtle

@Hillbilly420 said:
    I think it'll be a licensed Killer. I would be very surprised if it's Ghostface or Pinhead considering the Weinstein Company (that owns those IP's) are in bankruptcy. Even though those two are at the top of the list along with Jason.

My guess is either Candyman or the Tall Man from Phantasm.

You can call me cancerous but a person on the DbD dev team said they wanted a FNaF killer in the game. I don't expect that to happen but I would be perfectly fine if it did!

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I hope the next killer is good. My expectations aren't very high though. I'd like a killer that kicks one of the top 3 out of their spot.

So a Nurse/Billy/Huntress tier killer.

Licensed killer would be cool since its the only killer coming before Halloween and we traditionally get licensed killers around that time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Bbbrian2013 said:
    I hope the next killer is good. My expectations aren't very high though. I'd like a killer that kicks one of the top 3 out of their spot.

So a Nurse/Billy/Huntress tier killer.

Licensed killer would be cool since its the only killer coming before Halloween and we traditionally get licensed killers around that time.

He won´t be good. Even if he´s good, he´ll get the Freddy threatment after the first 2 weeks.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I want a killer perk so that when you kick a gen, you permanently reduce the skillcheck zones for that gen with maybe 20/30/40 percent. Something that makes the skillchecks, well, skilled. 

Or a killer that is pretty slow, but in a chase, the faster she gets (BL) the slower the survivor is. Like if she is a ghostly thing that paralyzes you with fear the more you are in her presence. Either you get away or you pay the prize. That could be a good anti looping power for a killer. And yes, I say she, because I really want a female killer. Pale and creepy.
  • NMCKE
    Techn0 said:

New original killer, B tier, One stall killer perk, Niche survivor perks, Female killer.

Maybe a killer that's not really a human, hopefully?
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Next killer - Beyoncé.   I know you're probably like huh what? Like I was but the leaked images speak for themselves. 
  • AshleyWB
    Flamethrower lady - puts survivors into dying state until flames are patted out by completing skill checks similar to the snap out of it. Aoe attack which ignites structures. Add ons could include reduction in dying state timer and range of flamethrower. You can also burn used pallets really quickly too. I want more fire in this game. 
  • samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167
    A new killer- Grudge type killer who crawl fast with cooldown like billy at the same time can teleport to gens and can scare survivors (like madness i mean fear 1 fear 2 fear 3)
    and getting nerfed after week :D
  • theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I predict killer that has near useless power at the first glance, mildly useful after closer look, can't do anything against gen rush or looping but can show survivors nice pictures.
    New survivor skin with 3 perks from which one is in the middle tier of usefulness.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

And ANOTHER SWAMP MAP. BECAUSE WE LOVE SWAMP MAPS.

• TheEliteTurtle

@Nickenzie said:
    Techn0 said:

Maybe a killer that's not really a human, hopefully?

The dev team said that they are only gonna do humanoid killers, sorry :(

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@Nickenzie said:

I found him!

• NMCKE

The dev team said that they are only gonna do humanoid killers, sorry :(

Technically a vampire is a human right? Please Behavior!
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I want just a good killer with useful perks with good power also survivor with useful perks

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    I am from the year 2019 i have travelled back in time to reveal the killer. It will shock and amaze you and befuddle the mind. When the killer was revealed it changed the scope of history forever. I will now show you the killer *holds up mirror* this is the killer... it was you all along.... revolutionary.

But i all seriousness i really hope a mirror copy cat original killer is number 9 and number 10 is candyman to celebrate his 2k graphics release.
    I JUST NEED ME SOME CANDYMAN AND I KNOW MATT NEEDS HIM SOME PINHEAD SO GET ON THE PHONE WITH CLIVE BARKER AND GET IT DONE NOW!

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    Skorpanio said:

@Nickenzie said:

I found him!

It’d make more sense to give us Reaper tbh
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I think it'll add a new Survivor, Killer, map and 6 new Perks, but don't quote me on that.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599
    edited August 2018

I wanna Ghostface (Licensed killer) and survivor (Sidney Prescott) I would like this killer has small terror radius to scare survivors.

I think it would be fun with new perks, for example:

(Do you like horror films?)
    You become obsessed with one Survivor.
    You can get a maximum of 6 tokens.
    Always any survivor is hit by each token that u gain, increases the repair time an 3% to a maximum of 18%.
    The Obsession is not affected by Do you like horror films.
    If you sacrifice your obsession u lose all tokens.
    (Only one Obsession per trial.)

Welcome to the final act. (Hex Totem)
    When the last Generator is fully repaired, all the Survivors' Auras are revealed for 8 seconds and the terror radius is 0.
    If a survivor is hit, successful attacks trigger Dying State automatically.
    Grants immunity to screening benefits
    The effects of the Hex Totem persist while the Hex Totem related totem standing.

(Even the main character can die)
    You become obsessed with one Survivor
    Grants the ability to kill your obsesion who has been hooked by your hand during the next trial.
    Your Obsession's all action speed is increased by 40%.
    (Only one obsession per trial).

I think I have good ideas xD

• Chubster
    Chubster Member Posts: 197

I hope for an irish farmer killer, with a pitchfork as a weapon and a strategic power like a trap which slows you down when stepped into

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2018

@pandorayr said:
    I wanna Ghostface (Licensed killer) and survivor (Sidney Prescott) I would like this killer has small terror radius to scare survivors.

I think it would be fun with new perks, for example:

(Do you like horror films?)
    You become obsessed with one Survivor.
    You can get a maximum of 6 tokens.
    Always any survivor is hit by each token that u gain, increases the repair time an 3% to a maximum of 18%.
    The Obsession is not affected by Do you like horror films.
    If you sacrifice your obsession u lose all tokens.
    (Only one Obsession per trial.)

Welcome to the final act. (Hex Totem)
    When the last Generator is fully repaired, all the Survivors' Auras are revealed for 8 seconds and the terror radius is 0.
    If a survivor is hit, successful attacks trigger Dying State automatically.
    Grants immunity to screening benefits
    The effects of the Hex Totem persist while the Hex Totem related totem standing.

(Even the main character can die)
    You become obsessed with one Survivor
    Grants the ability to kill your obsesion who has been hooked by your hand during the next trial.
    Your Obsession's all action speed is increased by 40%.
    (Only one obsession per trial).

I think I have good ideas xD

That hex kinda sounds op tbh. Totem placements should be addressesd before adding any more hex perks.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599
    edited August 2018

That hex kinda sounds op tbh. Totem placements should be addressesd before adding any more hex perks.

It's a Noed 2.0 + insidious
    The killer doesn't has terror radius but also don't have more speed and neither cool-downs on successful and missed attacks.
    In my opinion is reasonable, is a very strong finisher but is easy to counter.

And Yes..the hex totem system need a change..

• AshleyWB
    Can we have mr blobbly as a killer. Probably only british people have heard of him but he is super scary.
  • KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    Good or Bad killer?

I think it's gonna be comparable to cancer

• Sally55

@KillingInstinct said:

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    Good or Bad killer?

I think it's gonna be comparable to cancer

It probably will either be another non-licensed killer or a surprise.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Im on the fence for both honestly. 

1. Id love for it to be Jason Vorhees aka The Slasher. Especially now with friday basically dead, the door is wide open to pull in those fans. Not to mention the devs said Jason is not off limits, so next licensed killer i predict The Slasher. 

2. As far as original killer goes, id love a vampire who can tele like nurse or a werewolf who can sprint on all 4s(like billy chainsaw sprint). I think that will bring 2 popular beings as far as myth goes and the gameplay will bring a remix of Nurse and Billy.

3. Survivor? Honestly...id love a dev pack of survivors . Maybe a raffle among those who stream, and a raffle amongst those behind the scenes who dont get as much limelight. The 2 chosen from each raffle respectively come in a "duo dev survivor pack". Think about it, all the bbws or heavier set players who would love to play as a not_queen, or a cool guy like Stefan Horvath with the lamb chops. Seein as how Dwight looks like Mclean and Cote made an offspring, id like an official dev pack. Id play as Horvath no doubt lol he would be like a remix of Ace swag wise.
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

I'm gonna predict that one of his 'perks' will be Bloodlust. Since they're nerfing it by default, i imagine the original version will become available if purchased. Wait till they nerf 'gen repair' and regular speed becomes a survivor 'perk'. Lol. Greedy ass mother*******s.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Doesn't matter who or what the killer and their power is all that we need to know is that survivors will call them op and cry for day 1 nerfs.
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605
    edited August 2018

@Star99er said:

Bu bu bu but @Nickenzie asked for a killer who could hook the survivors.

But well, let's move on and get some more ideas that are bulletproof.
    And there we have it!
    Next killer is this boi:

https://youtu.be/Gq7iYtkj0DM

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Nickenzie said:

Good or Bad killer?

Pinhead summoning his chains and hooks please 
  • Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    Skorpanio said:

@Star99er said:

Bu bu bu but @Nickenzie asked for a killer who could hook the survivors.

But well, let's move on and get some more ideas that are bulletproof.
    And there we have it!
    Next killer is this boi:

Omg him as a killer would be amazing. I am not even a killer player but would love to be chased by him lol
  • Sally55

@yeet said:
    Doesn't matter who or what the killer and their power is all that we need to know is that survivors will call them op and cry for day 1 nerfs.

Like how Freddy got nerfed into Dumpster tier?

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

Too soon to know which direction or theme they are going to go with for Chapter 9 but it could be a Japanese style killer due to the recent release over there.
    It's best to wait for the teases again.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@Nickenzie said:
    TheEliteTurtle said:

Good or Bad killer?

So basically you want Roadhog to be in the game.

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    T E N T A C L E
  • NMCKE

So basically you want Roadhog to be in the game.

Don't forget Junkrat! ;)
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I’d love a werewolf from American werewolf in London/Paris

Or a vampire from something like nosferatu or maybe the Lost Boys :D

I’d like an original called The Seamstress, who uses her needles and thread to torture and terrorize.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

It's quite early to say which direction they are going with the upcoming chapter. No hints yet. We can''t even say if it will be licenced or not. On the other hand the fall killer will be released before Halloween and it's sale. So it might be better from a marketing perspective, if the newest killer will be a known licence by then.
    Alternatively, what I would love to see to either go into japanese horror setting for the next chapter or do their own take on a public domain like the Legend of the Sleepy Hollow e.g.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited August 2018

New killer will be a doppelganger type thing.

When a survivor is hanging on the hook he takes the form of one other random survivor until that person is unhooked.

Maybe there will be some small clue that he is not a real person – like a slightly distorted face or something.

The great thing about this is that every game where someone is hooked and you haven’t seen who the killer is you have to consider that any survivor you meet could be the doppelganger!*

*SWF disclaimer applies

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Generic killers ofcourse, because they want to sell Auric sells. They can only get new cosmetics for their own killers. They put ######### micro transactions OVER dedicated servers. They want money!

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    pandorayr said:

I think most people would prefer Cici Cooper, because Sarah Michelle Gellar is bae.