Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can borrow time be rework a bit stronger?

Options

So as you know what I mean by that everyone have stop using borrow time more often but some people still use it the only problem with it is that if you get connected with a stealth killer it won't work if he goes in his power so why not just make a rework and be a beta to make it where if the killer is nearby in stealth mode borrow time can still be activated that way the survivors have a better chance on surviving the bad side can be that it should be reduce to 13 seconds then 15 seconds what do you survivors and killers think about this idea?

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Borrowed Time is already a meta perk is it is. It's okay for some perks to be less effective against certain killers.

Wraith and Pig have to leave stealth in order to attack survivors, which leaves you time to get the unhook and get away, and Ghostface and Freddy can have their stealth mode countered by survivors. There is only one stealth killer in the game who doesn't meet either of those conditions (Tier 1 Myers) and he's very unlikely to still be at tier 1 by the time he's getting hooks anyway, unless he's playing with Scratched Mirror. So in other words, the only time BT is not useful is in a game against Scratched Mirror Myers, which comes around so rarely that it's not really a big deal.

Given that in most situations BT is still useful - you just have to be a bit more skilled to pull it off sometimes - I don't think that it needs any kind of rework or buff to make it stronger. Most stealth killers don't have much going for them in other areas, so I think we can let them be strong in this instance.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@cikerin

A lot of people still use Borrowed Time. I'd argue that the perk is still one of the most used meta perks in the entire current meta.

The only two Killers that can negate this effect insanely well is Myers and GhostFace. Wraith has to uncloak when he gets there, and Pig doesn't have enough time to crouch if it's something like a basement unhook, and most Pigs don't really crouch mid-unhook to avoid BT... since you might not have BT and it's a general waste of time.

The reduced time doesn't really do much of anything, since most Killers don't care and will still swing at the injured Survivor anyways. Some Killers don't even swing at them first, making it easier to down them if it's something like the basement... but for the most part, Killers that don't camp or Tunnel will not hit the unhooked Survivor anyways.

basically what i'm saying is...

BT is still pretty meta... people still use it a lot and especially in teams of 2, 3 or 4. It's a fairly good meta perk for a team and can really help in a lot of bad situations that causes the Killer to camp or tunnel the hooked Survivor.

It's also used a lot in Red Ranks still... so the buff isn't really needed at all. In my opinion, BT is fine.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

There's also Freddy, if the unhooker has the bad idea to do it while sleeping

• reliableclaudette
    reliableclaudette Member Posts: 25
    Options

borrowed time is still extremely strong because it can work on 90% of the killers. and its a very powerful tool when used as a swf so nah

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

I forget about him sometimes... not sure why.

Probably because his undetectable status effect is kind of unique...