Bring Back Hatch Closing (but make it balanced)

Having the hatch simply take 30 seconds to close would be perfectly fair and would end hatch standoffs. This would also give the survivor plenty of time to go hide or start exit gates while the killer is busy closing the hatch. 

Comments

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    By taking 30 seconds to close, I mean requiring the killer to actively hold the action button on the hatch for 30 seconds, not just having the hatch close on its own.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

It wouldn't be fair. The killer is much faster than the survivor so they will be more likely to find it. Survivors also have to be more careful walking around.
    They are thinking of changing the entire endgame anyway, so I am just waiting for that.

• TheHourMan
    I think it would be fine. The hatch is fair as it is now, because it is a test of patience if the killer finds it first. But what was not fair was the killer instantly closing the hatch. I think if it took the killer some time to do it, it would be much better. However, other tweaks could be made so that the survivor can not jump into a hatch instantly after being hit and that the hatch can be used by the survivor for the first 10 seconds of the killer's closing animation.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chi said:
    It wouldn't be fair. The killer is much faster than the survivor so they will be more likely to find it. Survivors also have to be more careful walking around.
    They are thinking of changing the entire endgame anyway, so I am just waiting for that.

Survivors are 4 guys that walk around and can inform each other of the hatchs location

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

The whole hatch standoff can be dealt with by simply not allowing injured survivors from entering the hatch. No more waiting to get hit to jump in.

Just put spikes on the hatch that when you are injured instantly kill you resulting in no 7k points.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Master said:

@Chi said:

Survivors are 4 guys that walk around and can inform each other of the hatchs location

1. You need to be SWF
    2. You need to complete 5 gens before hatch even spawns with 4 people
  • Master
    edited August 2018

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Since SWF is a thing in this game, the game must be balanced around it.
    Or are killers supposed to dodge every SWF because it is unbalanced?

You need to complete 2 gens and then you can already search for the hatch. You can find it, but it is still closed.
    A competent SWF can inform each other who is being chased and usually 2 gens can be done in the first chase.

I know, there are games where survivors play so bad that you can 4k them at 5 gens left, but you have to assume that both sides use all tools available to them, otherwise "balance" would be a joke

• Chi

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

You need to complete 2 gens and then you can already search for the hatch. You can find it, but it is still closed.
    A competent SWF can inform each other who is being chased and usually 2 gens can be done in the first chase.

I know, there are games where survivors play so bad that you can 4k them at 5 gens left, but you have to assume that both sides use all tools available to them, otherwise "balance" would be a joke

Huh? The hatch only spawns with 2 generators done, if there is only one person alive. So the survivor wouldn't be able to look for it beforehand.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited August 2018

Hatch spawns at N+1 generators, with N being the number of Survivors still in the trial, and opens when only one Survivor is left in the trial, regardless of how the others left it.

• Master

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Huh? The hatch only spawns with 2 generators done, if there is only one person alive. So the survivor wouldn't be able to look for it beforehand.

Thats not true, once 2 gens have been done,the hatch spawns in closed state and will open once enough survivors are dead.

Guess you are still a new survivor :wink:

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Thats not true, once 2 gens have been done,the hatch spawns in closed state and will open once enough survivors are dead.

EKHM -> If 3 survivors are dead the and 2 gens are done the hatch will spawn and open at the same time

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Gl searching for a hatch when 2 gens are done and 4 survivors are alive mr veteran.

• TheHourMan

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Gl searching for a hatch when 2 gens are done and 4 survivors are alive mr veteran.

I'm honestly shocked at how few people will get what you're saying here
  • Chi

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Are you trolling?

• TheHourMan
    I guess I will just say it. The hatch spawns once two gens have been completed and at least one survivor is no longer in play. That means they could be dead, disconnected or have escaped. It opens when you are the last living survivor on the map or have unlocked it with a key. You can not jump into the hatch if the killer is blocking it unless you have character collision turned off (like from taking a hit.) If the killer taps the attack button when the survivor is in the animation for jumping in, the killer will grab them and put them on their shoulder. This causes hatch standoffs where the killer refuses to his the survivor because they want to catch them while they jump in. The survivor wants the killer to hit them so they can clip through the killer and jump into the hatch uninterrupted. This is why I say the killer should be able to close the hatch. Or maybe some alternate solution. But hatch standoffs need to be killed.
  • Orion

@TheHourMan said:
    I guess I will just say it. The hatch spawns once two gens have been completed and at least one survivor is no longer in play.

This is patently and demonstrably false.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@TheHourMan said:
    I guess I will just say it. The hatch spawns once two gens have been completed and at least one survivor is no longer in play. That means they could be dead, disconnected or have escaped. It opens when you are the last living survivor on the map or have unlocked it with a key. You can not jump into the hatch if the killer is blocking it unless you have character collision turned off (like from taking a hit.) If the killer taps the attack button when the survivor is in the animation for jumping in, the killer will grab them and put them on their shoulder. This causes hatch standoffs where the killer refuses to his the survivor because they want to catch them while they jump in. The survivor wants the killer to hit them so they can clip through the killer and jump into the hatch uninterrupted. This is why I say the killer should be able to close the hatch. Or maybe some alternate solution. But hatch standoffs need to be killed.

That is false.

The Hatch spawns any time when the following condition is met: # of completed Generators = # of alive Survivors +1 (alive here means any Survivor that is neither dead nor already escaped from the trial).

• TheHourMan
    edited August 2018

@TheHourMan said:

That is false.

The Hatch spawns any time when the following condition is met: # of completed Generators = # of alive Survivors +1 (alive here means any Survivor that is neither dead nor already escaped from the trial).

Uhhh, the number of survivors plus one is the number of gens thay spawn in the map. I have had the hatch spawn when there were two gens completed (3 left) and one surv died. Multiple times actually. Consistantly.

The hatch has always spawned for me after at least two gens have been completed and at least one survivor is no longer in play.
  • Orion

@TheHourMan said:
    Uhhh, the number of survivors plus one is the number of gens thay spawn in the map. I have had the hatch spawn when there were two gens completed (3 left) and one surv died. Multiple times actually. Consistantly.

The hatch has always spawned for me after at least two gens have been completed and at least one survivor is no longer in play.

The hatch mechanics have been known for a very long time, almost since the release of the game. Unless there's a bug, what DocOctober said is how it's supposed to work.

• TheHourMan
    edited August 2018
    Orion said:

@TheHourMan said:

The hatch mechanics have been known for a very long time, almost since the release of the game. Unless there's a bug, what DocOctober said is how it's supposed to work.

Interesting. There must be some kind of bug with that in my matches. At least when playing as surv. because if it was number of survivors still alive plus one, then a 4 man wouldn't be able to find the hatch until all 5 gens have been done, and there have been several times I marked it with the map while everyone was still alive and in the area
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@TheHourMan said:
    Having the hatch simply take 30 seconds to close would be perfectly fair and would end hatch standoffs. This would also give the survivor plenty of time to go hide or start exit gates while the killer is busy closing the hatch. 

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA your serious right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM DYING!

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

• Dabrownman1812
    Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

1. You need to be SWF

Who's mans is this, it is number of survivors plus 1. Even in closed state. Need help? Ask a dev.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Orion said:

@TheHourMan said:

Interesting. There must be some kind of bug with that in my matches. At least when playing as surv. because if it was number of survivors still alive plus one, then a 4 man wouldn't be able to find the hatch until all 5 gens have been done, and there have been several times I marked it with the map while everyone was still alive and in the area
    Thats the point of the achievement, where did they go? Because they didnt take the door but the hatch and you would need a key.