Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

NOED needs to be nerfed into the ground

scorpio
scorpio Member Posts: 356
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

That is probably the most unfair perk in this game. And I know, people like to go on about how it's a hex and it only works in the end game and blah blah blah. I used to say the same thing when I only played killer, but I've started playing survivor again lately and from that perspective I see exactly why survivors hate it -- it gives killers undeserved free kills.

I was tunneled for 3 gens, then camped for the last 2. NOED came on, and the killer managed to kill all 3 of my other teammates when he only should have gotten me. These were rank 13-19 players. If it had been high ranks I'm sure at least 2 of them would have escaped if not all 3, but the fact is newer players are going to be the ones most affected by that perk. They played a good game, they got the gens done really quickly, and then they all died because this guy had on the cheapest perk in the game. How is that going to make new survivors feel? How do we expect new survivors to continue playing this game when stuff like that happens to them at rank 19? Someone who tunnels and camps that hard shouldn't then be rewarded with 3 extra kills from such a cheap perk.

Devs, you've done a great job getting rid of some really OP unfair stuff lately, but there is still work to be done. Moris, keys, and definitely NOED all need to GO!

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

If you break all the totems it literally does nothing.

• scorpio
    edited December 2019

Did you read the post? This was a low rank game, and I spent the entire game being chased and then stuck being camped on the hook so I didn't have the chance to even do gens let alone totems. The rest of my team were newer players, all low ranks. Clearly they weren't doing totems either, they were doing gens. The gens went pretty quickly since the killer tunneled me so hard the whole game and applied zero pressure so 3 gens popped during the chase and the other 2 while he camped me. He shouldn't then get 3 free kills when he clearly played horribly. At this point, NOED is the most broken perk in the game.

I don't care that breaking the totems gets rid of it, that doesn't change the fact that when it's up it is OP. The perk is so messed up. It is either entirely useless or incredibly overpowered and unfair. That is not okay.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Just remove the speed boost.

• Waffleyumboy

Next thing you know the killer is able to kill more people before end game because survivors were wasting time running around looking for dull totems instead of doing gens. Get hard countered killer who may or may not have noed.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

If only there were items and perks that survivors could take to show them exactly where the totems are.

• Raccoon
  • Waffleyumboy

If only traveling to and cleansing totems still took time.

• Raccoon

They haven't worked on the fast travel or instant cleansing yet, but I think it's on the 2020 road map.

• Waffleyumboy

Yikes, someone's wrong and trying to duck out. Never seen this before.

• Raccoon
    edited December 2019

@Waffleyumboy

If the perks and items literally designed to counter totems cannot placate you, what kind of conversation do you expect to have? What's your proposed fix to the problem you have presented? I'm especially interested, as NOED is not the only Hex perk that is beneficial to cleanse - all of which have to both be traveled to AND cleansed!

I'm legitimately curious - Where do you want the conversation to go, and what is your solution?

• Raccoon

I would sure hope he's capable of replying on his own behalf, given his last post @_@

• Raccoon

I guess not :(

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Imagine if all 4 survivors used Small Game? You really want that happening? Say goodbye to Hex Perks in general then.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

New players playing as Killer also have difficulty to play, some of them choose the easy way, but thats something that both the new Killer and the Survivors will notice with the time: The Killer is only winning because of the Hex: NOED and he needs to get better to not rely on this perk, and the Survivors needs to do their objectives, simply cleanse totens. If they don't and the Killer have noed, thats their punishment for not doing their objective correctly. Of course that's something more problematic in newer ranks, but they will get used to it and know that cleansing totem is important.

• scorpio
    edited January 2020

But the perk isn't viable at high rank (and more killers use it at lower ranks than higher rank anyway) because higher rank survivors are better at finding and cleansing totems, whether dull or hex, so if it comes on at the end and one player is downed, the rest will find and cleanse the totem before going for a save so the killer will usually at best get 1 person from NOED, if that, at high ranks. If the survivors can't find the hex then they will just leave, they aren't gonna go in for a save and give the killer 2 more kills they don't deserve.

The fact is, the perk is useless at high ranks and OP at low ranks. It is either inactive and useless for the killer, or OP and giving the killer kills they do not deserve and didn't actually earn through good gameplay. The perk has no redeeming qualities to it and turns a good fun game into something terrible and unfun. You go through the whole match doing well having fun and then take a hit for an injured teammate and suddenly you're instadowned and your low rank team doesn't know enough to go find the hex and cleanse it or anything, so you're just screwed for making a good play, because NOED.

Also, I really don't care if a killer is only using 3 perks all game. That doesn't somehow make NOED not OP just because the killer is down a perk all game. I also use 3 perks all game when my Ruin goes down in 3 seconds but you don't see me asking for instadowns and a speed boost once all the gens are finished because of it. It's stupid. Maybe it made sense to have NOED once upon a time, but for where the game is now where it doesn't work on good survivors and only works to screw over newer baby survivors and suck all the fun out of the game thus turning them off to it completely, it's garbage. It is just a bad perk and it needs to go.

• scorpio

Yes, because survivors not doing that 5 times during a match means the killer who let all 5 gens get finished deserves to now get some cheap free kills at the last second. Right. 🙄

• scorpio
    edited January 2020

The difference is, the other hexes are lit up at the start of the game, and the only other one that gives instadowns requires the killer to do a bunch of stuff first to EARN the instadowns (Devour Hope). You don't just have Devour and get instadowns right away. A perk that gives a speed boost AND instadowns with zero prerequisites is overpowered, hex or not. This is the same reason Decisive Strike was nerfed -- because something as powerful as a free escape (or in the case of NOED, a free kill) is OP, so if that is going to be the result of the perk, there needs to be SOMETHING required to happen or be done BEFORE that can happen to make it fair. If they want to keep NOED for some god awful reason, then add some kind of requirements. Make it that the killer had to have hooked every survivor once first, or he can only instadown someone he has hooked once, or SOMETHING. Personally I think the perk just needs to be gotten rid of and replaced with something entirely different, but I could live with some kind of rework that added a requirement to its use.

And I am not saying this as a survivor main. I was mainly a killer main for the longest time and only recently started playing survivor more often again so now I'm probably 50/50, but even in my killer main-iest times, I never used NOED because it is SUCH a cheap perk, and I don't feel good getting a kill with it, and it baffles me how any killer can. I'm rank 3 killer but rank 11 survivor and it's like every killer I've come across from rank 14 on has used NOED and played like crap all game just to get 2+ kills at the end with NOED because lower rank survivors don't quite know how to counter is like higher rank survivors do.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Or the team that was too lazy to have 1 person do totems while the other 3 do gens and distract the killer. I will never sympathize with people who whine about noed when it's completely preventable. You ACTUALLY have the option to stop it, just like all hex's. That means you can completely remove a killers perk. Noed takes up an extra perk slot the entire game, and is useless UNTIL endgame. What perks do survivors have that the killer can take away mid-match? Yeah, thought so....

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

If you don’t think NOED needs a nerf, you probably use it as a crutch

• DbDPlayer999
    DbDPlayer999 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020

My two cents. My wraith build has NOED. I play 60/40 survivor/killer. If I'm facing survivors who are lower rank then I'll probably get a good kill rate and NOED is more than likely not needed. If I'm facing survivors of an equal rank, then NOED makes it easier to get the cocky ones in the end game who want to teabag, etc, etc, which can end up with a lot of survivor rage in end game chat (which always amuses me). If I'm facing survivors of a higher rank, then they probably get the totems during the game, or often get them in the end game, or just get the exit anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much to them.

Should it be nerfed? Nope. It's just about right. :) Plenty of posts in this thread about how you can deal with it as a survivor.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

Soon posts are going to be 'remove killers from the game, they're OP and unfair'.

But on a serious note:

• killer plays with 3 perks until last gen pops
    • you can cleanse totems at any point
    • you can cleanse NOED totem once it's active
    • you can run styptic

And about that perk on low rank, yeah, well, eventually new players are going to learn about perks, killers and tactics anyway. What difference does it make if it happens when player is on rank 20 or on rank 10? There's always first time they see that perk and for the next time they'll know - cleanse the totems.

Finally, about your last part, that you don't care that cleansing gets rid of it. Well... then too bad for you, but it's literally easiest perk to counter. You can counter it before it can be even used at all. And 'when it's up it's OP'... so is it OP or is it situational? It's not OP if you can remove it from the game completely before it does anything. And it's a good last chance for killer to do something. Sorry, but that's one of the most balanced perks in the game. Fact, not opinion.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Regardless of rank, NOED ain't that big of a deal and the devs have already told you for over two years that they have it in the place they want it to be. You may not like it, you may have moments where you lose to it, but in terms of usage vs wins NOED contributes very little. They're done with messing with the perk and it is time to move on. The lack of skill of your team is not the killer's problem. Everyone should do totems when possible and if they don't know that, give them time and they will learn. That's like saying "I'm a rank 20 killer and sprint burst is ultra broken! Nerf it into the ground!"

In that example the fault is on the unskilled killer not the perk. The killer would eventually learn to bait the sprint burst without swinging.