Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

New Killer, struggling with Leatherface chainsaw

Options
illusion
illusion Member Posts: 885

So I just started playing as a killer, and it was suggested that new players start with Leatherface for BBQ&Chili, as well as his ease to play. However, I don't find his chainsaw all that easy to use. Most of the time I just use the hammer, since the chainsaw is saw clumsy and awkward. It feels more detrimental to use it than no. I have downed people with it, but it seems to have been due more to luck than anything else (people trying to juke me and run into it). Any advice on using the chainsaw effectively? Or should I just stick with the hammer?

Best Answer

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020
    Options

Leatherface's chainsaw doesn't give him much of a speed boost - in fact, it slows him down significantly while charging so he usually loses distance. It's easier for Leatherface to maneuver around corners than Hillbilly, but it's still best to avoid running into walls and getting stopped in your tracks. For that reason, it's best used at close range and in open areas. Wait until you're basically within lunge range before using it. If you can catch the survivor in a position where they can't just sprint away or duck behind a large obstacle, it's very difficult for them not to get downed.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    edited January 2020
    Options

While I agree with leveling the Cannibal for Barbecue and Chili, I generally recommend the Trapper or Wraith as Starter Killers to actually play since they're relatively straightforward to use, their powers aren't difficult to handle, and the Wraith's perks are good for tracking help.

My roommate tried Hillbilly first and had a hell of a time with his chainsaw. So do I, in fact, to to the point that to back to back Killer games, one as Billy and one as Freddy, who I enjoy playing as, were night and day in how they ended. But lately he's been playing Trapper to much greater success.