Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New markmarting

The markmarting algorithm can group users and lead everyone to the killer lobby at once. Thus preventing the murder from closing or lobby identifying when it is a SWF.

Close lobby enter the disconnection punishment?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited January 2020

I don't know what you want tbh?

Post edited by Milo on
  • AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

My head hurts trying to comprehend the thread. I’m going to assume that you think matchmaking is bad. Almost everyone agrees and devs are going to work on it when they’re back from vacation

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited January 2020

Entering the lobby all at once would prevent the killer from closing lobby.

SWF or not.

• slipttees

In 10 match SWF killer close lobby 6 times.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Then just keep trying jeez.

Also do you mind mentioning me if you reply? I seriously don't want to look at this thread every day in case you replied

• CrazyChicken_DK
    CrazyChicken_DK Member Posts: 48

I love SWF. They often gives me more hooks/kills and BP:

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020

For anyone having trouble understanding, OP is suggesting two changes to matchmaking and lobbies - first, that the matchmaking system should match survivors in advance and then place them all into a lobby at the same time, so that the killer can't tell who is SWF based on how many survivors join at the same time. Second, they are proposing that the DC penalties should be extended to apply to people who dodge lobbies.

• slipttees
    edited January 2020

Thanks.

It's so frustrating to spend 30-40 minutes trying to play.

• Yuyukoyay
    Yuyukoyay Member Posts: 50

I'm for removing SWF instead then this probably wouldn't happen to begin with. This is basically Killers boycotting SWF's so doing the change you recommend will probably just kill the game outright than fix anything. Alternatively there are a few different ways they can do this.

1. They can make it so solos and 2 man SWF's queue together. Then make 4 man SWF's an entirely seperate mode and ranking. Other games already do this.
    2. Remove SWF's from matchmaking completely, but allow them in custom games. Then allow custom games to give less bloodpoints than solo games, but allow them to get bloodpoints in general.

These are probably the only 2 changes Killer players will be ok with. If anything else is done without them in mind then it risks completely shutting down the game.

• slipttees

I'm the main survivor, but sometimes I play killer and I never closed the lobby for being a SWF. I don't even take Ebony Memento Mori. I see this as a challenge to my skills. Anyway, this for me is a big problem and frustrating. Why killer is closing the lobby because it's a SWF?

• slipttees

Dedicated server is enable in PS4. Now killer DC looby doesn't close. This is enough