The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slenderman as a future killer?

So with the movie coming out this month I thought could Slenderman come to the game at one point. Probably not for chapter 9-11, but it would be nice to see him in the game. Here's my idea: Slenderman has to look at a survivor for 7 seconds to plant a memory on the survivor. The survivor then has 90 seconds to pass it on to another survivor, the survivor does this by doing an interaction with them or doing a 10 second animation if the survivor who is receiving the memory is standing still. The survivor giving the memory cannot be given the memory back for 90 seconds. If the survivor doesn't pass it on then they get injured this will not down a survivor and the survivor suffers a 25% action speed penalty for 25 seconds. Every time the memory is transferred the time is dropped by 2.5 seconds. You can't tell if a survivor is infected only the infected person and Slenderman can and once the timer ends Slenderman can repeat his ability. This is just a thought he may not be added, but this is just what I think he would do if he came into the game.

Comments

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

turn around and look at him, you take damage.

turn around and look at him a second time, your automatically on his shoulder

LOL

• Nightshade
    Nightshade Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2018

While I'd love to see this, I'm not certain what would be the best method of implementing him. The only things that come to mind is he causes insanity when looked at, or he's not directly the playable killer but instead the power/ability of Kate "The Chaser" who is Slender Man's proxy by the events of Slender: The Arrival.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it, the encounter with Kate in Slender: The Arrival was very DbD the way you had to power generators while evading and flashlight blind her. Anyway, Slender should definitely involve madness, because that's what he's all about. He doesn't seem to be able to physically interact with things outside of the one's whose minds he's messing with, so Kate being the player killer makes sense while Slender behaves as he would in the games he's in as madness kicks in.

Post edited by Nightshade on
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:
    So with the movie coming out this month I thought could Slenderman come to the game at one point. Probably not for chapter 9-11, but it would be nice to see him in the game. Here's my idea: Slenderman has to look at a survivor for 7 seconds to plant a memory on the survivor. The survivor then has 90 seconds to pass it on to another survivor, the survivor does this by doing an interaction with them or doing a 10 second animation if the survivor who is receiving the memory is standing still. The survivor giving the memory cannot be given the memory back for 90 seconds. If the survivor doesn't pass it on then they get injured this will not down a survivor and the survivor suffers a 25% action speed penalty for 25 seconds. Every time the memory is transferred the time is dropped by 2.5 seconds. You can't tell if a survivor is infected only the infected person and Slenderman can and once the timer ends Slenderman can repeat his ability. This is just a thought he may not be added, but this is just what I think he would do if he came into the game.

as long as they could add this to all platforms i would be okay with it

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Pirscher said:
    turn around and look at him, you take damage.

turn around and look at him a second time, your automatically on his shoulder

LOL

turn around and look at him and your auto morried