Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Need a build path for Wraith

Options
illusion
illusion Member Posts: 885

I recently started playing as a killer, I leveled up Leatherface to unlock all of his teachable perks, but he is the only killer I have ranked up, so there are a lot of perks that I don't have access to, atm. What are some good builds I can make with the perks I currently have available to me, and what perks should I look to pick up in the future?

TIA

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

@illusion

So, if you only have the general perks to work with (besides I'm all Ears that you unlocked on the shrine), than you'll be very limited in what you can use.

That being said, i'll give you an idea of what you should use.

First, perks.

For one, you'll only be limited to base-kit perks like Whispers, Deerstalker, Monsterous Shrine, etc... most of the base-kit perks are not really useful... unless paired with other DLC perks. But since you're using Wraith, i'll give you an idea of what to use.

Try this, you'll want to use BBQ & Chili, Whispers, ShadowBorne or I'm All Ears, and Sloppy Butcher. I'll be giving an explanation below on why you should use each of these.

• BBQ & Chili (An amazing aura tracking perk, it's by far a must have for a lot Killers... and the 100% BP bonus from the Tier lll version is a good incentive to use it for BP grinding!)
    • ShadowBorne (At Tier 3 the FOV is increased by 15 degrees, which in itself isn't that impressive... but the overall ability to have a better view of where to look in and out of chases is quite useful.)
    • I'm All Ears (Honestly, I'd think this is a better fit than ShadowBorne... it lets you see a Survivors aura for 6 seconds at tier lll whenever they drop a pallet, fast vault a window and or pallet, jump out of a locker quickly, and blow up a generator! And this works within a 48 Meter radius, so if they get far and fast vault than you'll see their aura... the cool-down is 40 seconds for each use though, it might be different at tier ll or tier l)
    • Sloppy Butcher (This perk is quite solid for every Killer! Except Plague. It increases the time it takes to heal from the downed and injured state, which wastes a lot of a Survivors time on healing instead of doing generators)
    • Whispers (This perk at tier lll is great for Killers like Billy, Spirit, Nurse, and even other Killers that're just mainly M1 Killers! At tier lll, When within 32 meters for the Tier lll version, Whispers alerts you by lighting up in the bottom right hand corner of your screen... so it gives you a general idea of where Survivors will be! And when paired on a Killer like Wraith, he can hide his 32 meter Terror Radius with his cloaked ability!)

Now, I didn't mention perks like NOED... because NOED tbh is a crutch. I don't like recommending it to beginners, mainly because if they grow dependent on it, than they'll have a hard time NOT using it...

The reason NOED is used a lot by beginners is because of the exposed effect it gives when every generator at the end of the game is finished... so if you did poorly, NOED can nab you a down or two at the end... since the exposed status effect grants the Killer the ability to one hit insta-down any Survivor with their basic attack. Meaning even if you're healthy, you'll still be one hit downed.

I do not recommend this perk, mainly because it rewards failure... and if you want to improve, you have to learn that sometimes not every match goes your way... and sometimes you need to improve on how you play to overcome some obstacles that Survivors can bring to the table.

But, if you want to use I'm All Ears over ShadowBorne, than that wouldn't take away from the build... as I'm All Ears is pretty good on most Killers, so the Wraith can use this and might actually have a better time with it!

Second, add-on combos.

Wraith has a plethora of add-ons to choose from, his budge add-on combos are fairly decent... and his more expensive combos are also pretty good as well! A lot of his add-ons can also be used with a few DLC perks to make his build centered around a few things... like for example, if some add-ons and perks, he can vault super fast while cloaked, break pallets super fast while cloaked, etc!

But here's some combos that you'll want to incorporate into you everyday use.

bone clapper + "the ghost" - soot

This combo is as budget as it gets, while also being a VERY good combo to use... don't let the rarity difference discourage you, this combo is very cheap and very good at all ranks for Wraith. Bone Clapper essentially masks the sound distance that The Wraiths bell makes... meaning if he uncloaks behind you with this add-on, it can sound like he's uncloaking 30 meters away!

"The Ghost" - Soot add-on also lets the wraiths Terror Radius stay cloaked (aka stay at 0) for 6 more seconds! Meaning you can mind-game with this combo as well, and uncloak behind a wall a few meters away from the generator, the Survivors will think you uncloaked somewhere else since they didn't see you uncloak near them or behind them, and than you walk up to the generator and either grab them by tapping M1 OR hit them for a free hit/down!

It's as effective as a budget combo can get!!!

coxcombed clapper + "The Ghost" - Soot

Following up with the "Bone Clapper + "The Ghost" - Soot" add-on combo, this is the superior version of that combo. While yes, The Ghost add-on is very common compared to the Coxcombed Clapper, it's by no means a waste of add-ons.

Instead of the bell noises being masked by the sound appearing to be close or far away, the Coxcombed Clapper takes a different approach, instead of masking the sound by changing the distance and direction of the sounds, the Coxcombed Clapper removes the bell ringing sound all together! Meaning when you uncloak with the Wraith and this add-on added, you won't be able to hear The Wraiths bell noises while he uncloaks!

Combined with "The Ghost" - Soots ability to hide your Terror Radius for 6 more seconds when uncloaked, and you have a very strong stealth build for a stealth Killer! It makes it impossible to tell where the Wraith will uncloak or be... unless you've seen him beforehand or see him uncloaking behind or near you!

In a sense, it's easy hits and easy grabs off generators for some quick downs and hooks!

"Windstorm" - White + "WINDSTORM" - Mud

This add-on combo is the lesser variant of "Windstorm" White and "Windstorm" Blood. The White and Mud combination increases your movement speed while cloaked by Moderately (Mud) and Considerably (White)... meaning you can run straight from the spawn right to the farthest generator in a few seconds flat!

It's really good with the better version, but this version is a more budget case... the downside though, is that your movement speed while uncloaking (the speed in which you walk while uncloaking behind a Survivor) is slowed down Slightly from both add-ons, making it a moderate slow down. This is the case for the "Windstorm" - Blood version taking over the Mud version... so even if you use the better version, that slow down is still moderately... which is the upside to the better version. The downside is, the budge version is slower than the expensive version... so it kind of feels worse in that regard.

But, it makes catching up to Survivors a trivial task... and you can even block windows by simply running ahead and standing in-front of them while uncloaking! The same goes for pallet loops, just run ahead of the Survivor that's clearly going for a pallet and uncloak in-front of it to down them easily.

"WINDSTORM" - blood + "WINDSTORM" - white

This is essentially the same as "Windstorm" - White + "Windstorm" - Mud, except the White and Blood version gives a "slightly" more increased movement speed while cloaked... the negative effects are the same though, and that's about it.

For a recap though, this means the Considerably (White) and Tremendously (Blood) buffs of the two combine, making the Wraith (while cloaked and ONLY cloaked) a speed demon... so he can cover a lot of ground and run to very far generators with ease... it also makes catching up to Survivors while cloaked a trivial task, and he can block window loops and pallets by putting his body in-front of the pallet/window and uncloaking in-front of them for an easy down!

The negative effects are the same though, your movement speed while uncloaking (the speed in which you walk while uncloaking behind a Survivor) is slowed down Slightly from both add-ons, making it a moderate slow down.

"Shadow Dance" - blood + "Shadow Dance" - white

This add-on combo is really good with a DLC perk called Bamboozle and The Trappers perk called Brutal Strength... you can actually unlock Brutal Strength from The Trapper (Since he's free with the game) and get Brutal Strength for this combo! Bamboozle isn't really needed to make the combo work, nor is Brutal Strength... but I feel without Brutal Strength... this combo is less effective.

But I digress, basically, this add-on combo increases your generator breaking, pallet breaking, and window vaulting speeds Considerably + Tremendously. There is no negative effect to these add-ons, but I feel I should mention something on-top of this... Considerably (White) and Trememdously (Blood), as well as Slightly and Moderately are just estimates, they're not the actual figures... the real figures are hidden percentages.

But through personal experience, this add-on combo is pretty standard alone, with Brutal Strength it's a lot better! Since Brutal Strength at Tier lll gives you a 20% Pallet breaking and generator breaking increase... and it's pretty good as a stand-alone perk with a Wraith build.

I digress again though, if you want to break pallets, vault windows, and smash generators insanely fast (while cloaked and only cloaked...) than this is the combo for you!!!

Coxcombed Clapper + "All seeing" - Blood

To save time, this one is blunt. Removing "The Ghost" - Soot takes off the 6 second hidden Terror Radius bonus and instead replaces with it a 12 meter aura reading while cloaked with "All Seeing" - Blood.

This combo is considered to be one of his better/best combos... since being able to hide behind a wall of a generator and uncloak silently (cause again, coxcombed clapper makes no bell ringing noises while uncloaking) is insanely good.

It's only 12 meters of aura reading though... so you can't see a Survivor who's 32 meters with while cloaked... but that doesn't matter, since being able to silently uncloak with coxcombed clapper and confirm if a Survivor is behind that wall is really good for stealth grabs and hits... dare I say? It's better than the other variant down this list? I dare say this is indeed the case... since on small maps, maps with corn, maps with a lot of walls, this makes stealth for Survivors an impossible feat!

It's that good, it really is...

"Swift hunt" - White + "swift Hunt" - Mud

Again, i'll keep it brief. All this combo does is Considerably (White) and Moderately (Mud) reduce the the Reappearance time while uncloaking... that's it... no downside... that's it.

Nothing special, it's a budget alternative to the other combos and it makes coming out of an uncloak a lot faster...

"Swift Hunt" - Blood + "Swift Hunt" - White

Same as above, all that's different is that instead of Considerably (White) and Moderately (Mud) decreasing the reappearance time when uncloaking... it's instead Tremendously (Blood) and Considerably (White) decreasing these times, that's it.

Uncloaking EVEN faster on the expensive version is... meh?

"Blink" - White + "Blink" - Mud

Think of this as "Swift Hunts" add-on combos cousin... instead of reappearing a lot faster... you're instead Tremendously (White) and Considerably (Mud) disappearing a lot faster...

That's it, it decreases the disappearance time by those margins... again, meh. There is no expensive version either, this is the one and only combo for these two.

Coxcombed Clapper + "Swift Hunt" - Blood

This is the lesser two of the stealth versions above... all this does is make it faster to come out of the cloaked state AND makes the ringing noises not make a sound anymore with the Coxcombed Clapper...

I won't really mention the variables since you probably read what these add-ons do above in the other combos.

future perks to keep in mind...

If you stick with Wraith as a main, make sure to look out for perks like The Trappers Brutal Strength, The Clowns (a DLC Killer) Pop Goes the Weasel, and FOR SURE The Hag (a DLC Killer) Hex: Ruin.

These perks are essential for Wraith at high level play, and while Ruin can seem like a crutch as well (since a lot of Killers use this in their meta builds) it's without a doubt a essential thing to have for a mid-tier/low-tier Killer like Wraith... Wraith struggles with map pressure sometimes since he's only an M1 Killer in chases, despite getting some first hits in!

You can also look into other perks to get for Wraith like The Clowns Bamboozle, The Nurses Nurse's Calling, GhostFaces I'm all Ears, The Pigs Surveillance, The Hags Devour Hope, The Plagues Infectious Fright, etc... these are solid for The Wraith as well... I might have left out or forgotten some perks to get in the future, so that's up to you to find out!

At a starter rank like Green, Yellow, and Grey, you'll be fine!

conclusion

Use common sense on what you think can work with Wraith for add-ons and perks, I might of missed some combos and perks above to use, but these are the I recommend you use FOR SURE.

I do hope this helps and you figure out what to do for your builds and as well as having fun.

Stay safe out there,

see you in the fog...

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020
    Options

BBQ & Chili (Leatherface) is a great perk, and Wraith is fast enough while cloaked to take advantage of it. Sloppy Butcher makes healing harder, which gives you a bit of free pressure, something that's needed on Wraith. It also combos quite well with Wraith's own perk, Bloodhound, for tracking purposes, making it practically impossible for nearby injured survivors to hide from you.

I would also recommend NOED, Whispers, or Shadowborn. NOED is a bit of a crutch on Wraith, but it's not a bad perk and can help you secure kills in the endgame. Whispers helps you know when survivors are nearby, which is good if you have good enough game sense to know where they're likely to be hiding. Shadowborn increases your field of view, which makes it easier to spot survivors overall and harder for them to juke you. If you're an experienced survivor, you can use that knowledge to full effect with Whispers, but if you're a new player generally, I would probably recommend Shadowborn of the three.

As for perks to look out for in the future, Wraith, like many stealth killers, excels using anti-healing builds, so Nurse's Calling and Thanatophobia - both teachable perks of the Nurse - are great for him, especially when combined with Sloppy Butcher. Ruin (Hag) is, of course, good on any killer as a slowdown perk, so it's a good one to pick up even though you'll eventually get good enough that you won't need it. Enduring (Hillbilly) is another good perk, since you may find you get stunned fairly frequently as Wraith.

You could also experiment with generator-based perks like Overcharge (Doctor), Pop Goes the Weasel (Clown), Discordance (Legion) and/or Surveillance (Pig). The latter two especially can be really helpful to save you time when patrolling, which again, is especially important on a relatively low-pressure killer like Wraith. All of those are DLC perks, though, so it depends on which killers you have available or how lucky you get with the Shrine.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

OP is asking for Wraith builds. Leatherface is just the only killer they have levelled currently.

• illusion
    Options

Ack! Sorry, if it wasn't clear, but I'm looking for a Wraith build. :( It was in the title, but I can see that the body of the text was probably not clear.

I have only been playing killers for a few days and Leatherface was the only one I have ranked up, and that was to get BBQ and Chili as teachable, though I do find Franklin's Demise useful. But I really find the chainsaw awkward so I tried a couple of other killers and decided to go with Wraith as my temporary main, but his perks are not that great.

Leatherface is the only killer who I fully leveled up to get all his perks as teachable. I bought "I'm all ears" off the shrine. Other than that I only have the general perks to work with.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

@illusion

I edited my comment above to give you information about the Wraith and what you'll need and can currently use.

You'll find it at the top (literally the giant guide that's the first comment above)

again... it's the top comment I edited.

• illusion
    Options

Wow! Tons of good info. I wasn't expecting that kind of detail. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you sooo much. :D