Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I am NOT going to be buying the 'Rift Pass' again! GAME FEEDBACK!

honestscript
honestscript Member Posts: 259
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Ever since it started I've spent more time on DBD than any other game, yet there's no way that I will be reaching level 70.

It gets to a point where it is no longer fun to play, to be forced to grind so much and not even get close to reaching the end. On top of that, this 'Battle Pass' has the weakest and most unappealing rewards, compared to other games that have implemented the 'Battle Pass' model, no others are as grindy as this one! And on those other games, I've reached the end and collected my rewards with plenty of time to spare!

This Rift Pass is big disappointment!

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Yeah, the only reason it's worth buying it is basically because you get your auric cells back, is kinda "free".

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

That's fair and I understand what you mean, this rift thing is pretty underwhelming but the next tome I'm sure will increase rewards, with 4 characters being the focus of the next archive I'm guessing this was just a rough start. The devs seem kinda money hungry when they first start out new mechanics so I'm guessing the next rift will be more packed with better rewards. Also, the part of the grind is really annoying, that I can agree on. The tomes should have an option to select 2 challenges or so and better rewards in turn.

Though I get why you'd be upset, I'm just saying supporting the devs will only make them put out better content.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Not to mention, "challanges" that are purely based on luck and are too situational.

• CrazyChicken_DK
    CrazyChicken_DK Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2020

What is luck?

It's when good Preparation and favorable situation meets.

It took me 20 rounds, to get a flashlight save. That's the second most trouble, I had in soloing the challenges.

4 gens in one trial. Is the only not done yet.. I know, I did it 3-4 times before reaching the challenge. So yeah it's on luck. But also skills.

Relax an try again

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

You realize you don't have to get the save, right? as long as you blind the killer while he is carrying a survivor you get it.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I agree that the grind is/was a disaster. Im only tier 55 and i dont plan on playing 150+ games in 3 days.

They should've done some "last minute" changes so its possible to reach it without abandoning everything you loved but alas.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited January 2020

They should remove/half Auric Cells rewards and nerf grind by ~30%.

Should be fine.

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

Should be a simple mathematical equation

Take the rift points you get from the challenges and add them together.

Now figure out the minimum number of games it would take to complete each challenge (i.e. kill 10 survivors=3 games or survive by exit gate 10 times=10 games), and add 1 rift fragment (xp reward) for each minimally required game needed to complete all challenges in all 4 pages of the archive.

Those two numbers combined should equal what it takes to finish the last tier of the pass.

That way if you finish the challenges you finish the rift. (Im done w/ the challenges but still have 7 tiers to grind that seems crazy to finish and still need to play like 70 matches in the next 3 days!!)

Also this would make it where if a challenge stumped you you would just have to play X number of games (3-5) to make up for that missed challenge.

This may still leave the grind to be too much or less likely but maybe still too little. Yet you could always just dial in the xp per match to award +/- however you needed to make it feel right.

• honestscript

yeah, im not gonna make it far enough to get back all of my cells.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
  • honestscript

Wish I had waited, didn't realize it was gonna be so grindy especially with some of the challenges being based on luck.