Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Losing to the 2nd Hook Phase Struggle Mechanic

I love this game! I try to spread positivity and always message some sort of “gg” message when I lose. I really, truly, do not mind losing as survivor or killer when I lose to the other player.

That said, nothing is more upsetting and discouraging than losing to a button-spamming mechanic, whether it’s due to hand cramping, button malfunction, lag spikes, or just a missed beat.

On PC, most regular players rebind the struggle to a more manageable mouse scroll wheel, but on console we don’t have that luxury. Even then, I’ve seen streamers and content creators playing on PC with excellent connections still lose the game in the struggle phase for no apparent reason.

Please, please, please, stop punishing players for failing to mash a button quickly enough. It is the most miserable and unfun mechanic I’ve ever seen in a game, and you come up against it in nearly every match you play as survivor.

Even if I did care about being immersed, sitting there wondering how I died when I never even stopped pressing the button, or worrying about my finger cramping up, is the polar opposite of immersive gameplay. Nothing could remind me more acutely that I’m playing a video game.

Please change this. I can’t think of players who thinks this mechanic adds something of value to the game. If they exist, I’d love to hear from them here!

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yes, please change that!

nobody likes that button-destroying spamming.. make it skill-check based or something else.

but i guess the devs dont want to change it, i mean i have seen complaints for a long time but i dont even remember if they acknowlegded those in any way? Or are there official statements?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

i personally switched the button to make it harder to fail, but that shouldnt be the case at all.

there should just be an eject button if you ever feel ready to stop

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Instead of a Struggle button, Struggling should occur automatically.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Totally agree devs wake up and listen to players please.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I use a Struggle macro and it still kills me, sometimes.

• Yuyukoyay
    Yuyukoyay Member Posts: 50

I could probably bind it to an auto clicker that clicks 200 times a second and it would probably still fail. I don't think it's a problem with the mechanic, but a problem with how it's currently working.

That said I adamantly hate the struggle mechanic and would like it gone. It's one of the most ######### mechanics in the game.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I wounder how long these devs will keep it this way. It's a complaint since release.