BHVR killed Hex: Ruin

13»

Comments

• ShereKhan
    ShereKhan Member Posts: 4

I totally disagree with pipping for killers is fine. I can kill 4 survivors and have 5 gen up and not PIP dependent on which killer I select. The scoring for individual Killers severally needs to be revisit. As stated by someone else in the thread Killers like Plague and trapper are penalized (score wise) for using their abilities. Don't let a survivor disconnect, you'll never PIP then.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

It only took them 2 years to look at Freddy kkkk

Calling BL a nerf is a stretch, the perk was actually normalized since it was creating infinites from every single rock the survivors happened to came across.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118

I think it's best to look into why Danky is saying this, even if it is right or wrong. Also others who are saying this.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

Balanced landing was nerfed to the point of uselessness. Everyone used it for the stager reduction, now it is basically a more situational lithe and is the worst Exhaustion perk in the game. The meta at the moment is a head on build which I imagine although head on being really balanced will get nerfed because most people switched to it. Ruin isn't useless now, it just isn't as effective as it was. Most high rank players won't cleanse ruin and will gen rush anyway. If you force them off the gens you can passively regress them without kicking them and that survivor can do nothing about it if they are being chased. You are assuming that people will still go for the totem which they won't unless they are significantly effected by it. That is why most devours only get cleansed when the killer starts instant downing.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Then stop insulting the player base with unnecessary nerfs then putting rose tinted glasses on and saying 'it helps with end game'

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

There is today, think at 11 am EST so approximately 3 hours from now. Not sure tho

• tommy13
    tommy13 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020

Changes are only based on survivor side (not single time notes includes killer gameplay or fun/irritation factor, only playing against him).

New players are not effected with ruin because 45%, including 80% of red ranks, mean that most of low rank games are not played with ruin (pc dlc perk that have to be grind). If SWF play against killer with ruin that mean its a matchmaking problem if any whatsoever, and should be consider as a SWF main problem (game not build against it - aura reading perks, information passing in not SWF games etc.).

Same with mentioned by mod changes that apparently are big for killers (balance landing nerf - because of bad design of particular maps making infinity loops; freddy rework - because of bad design making unplayable character etc.) are really just fixing devs mistakes.

Game is still highly survivor sided and nerfing only really good early game perk (with powerful counter - cleansing totem) are just a joke in the face of community. And yes, games are too fast to all players - you wait ~30 minutes to play 10 minutes max if players goof around. Also it is all reflected in bloodpoints. Now killer playerbase will be even lower making it impossible to find a game... 1 killer leaving make 4 survivors wait more. And with SWF queue changes its terrible atm.

Post edited by tommy13 on
  • Dreaded_Wraith887
    Dreaded_Wraith887 Member Posts: 23

I play both sides on console at red rank and even though hex skill checks can be hard I still manage them most of the time.

It's annoying that Hex Ruin is getting nerfed as Gen speed with a co-ordinated, tool box survivor team is far too quick and the main reason Killers need to run it in the higher ranks.

For the lower ranks I can see why its not fun to play against but killing off a perk needed for Killers at a high rank due to a flaw in the current game design is not the answer and will lead to a drop in Killers which means longer queue times.

I think the part that annoyed me the most is the fact that the way the changes are described are all about Survivors having more fun with no real mention of it being more fun for the Killers.

If we have no Killers we have no game.

Lets see what happens with the PTB and after the PTB to see what changes actually happen.

• McLispYT
    McLispYT Member Posts: 2

I’m actually content with this change, ruin got cleansed in the first 30 seconds almost always, even if it didn’t, most survivors could hit the skill checks anyways. I may be a sweaty survivor main but from the killers perspective it didn’t force interaction, and interaction is good. However I see the cons, it’s definitely not fair that 3 gens can be popped while in one chase. Definitely feel there’s a better way to implement this . I guess we’ll have to see how it does

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

How about we then look at how rank 20's are facing a rank 3 ruin, in the first place. If they are SWF in, then too bad, play at your rank.

Don't skip to the experienced level and then complain everyone is better then them.

There is two sides to RUIN, if you are experienced, you can choose to ignore the totem and crush the skill checks, if you are new you go find the totem. Thus teaching the new players about the maps, and making their game knowledge greater.

Spoon feeding the newbies in a higher rank, is just dumb.

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

What this mean? Too much survivors are reliant on self-care then

• bob_bobber
    bob_bobber Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2020

The development team doesn't really understand the game flow.

Ruin came in handy because of the delay in the early game when four survivors could repair the generator.

In other words, it was chosen as a means to survive the early game with many survivors.

No one wants Ruin as a pressure factor in end games.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

Goodbye king may the heavens weep a monsoon of tears for you

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75

Maybe its because it gives survivors free wins

• tommy13
    tommy13 Member Posts: 2

How inexperience survivors play against ruin in the first place? Maybe because matchmaking system and SWF? Low level killer dont have ruin. It is a fact you can look at your own stats (80% experience players vs 40% of whole killer base). Also why so many people use it? Again look how fast game can go, and why survivors are getting killed. Game need more objectives for survivors (to slow game, to make it more fun for survivors and let killer make some plays, not only depend on survivors goofing around).

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

true, freddy has been buffed... but the doctor has been nerfed to be worse than old freddy, soooo... kinda not in your favor there.. legion's abilty doesn't effect with perks such as sloppy anymore and some other slight but meaningful killer changes to "please survivors"

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Hex ruin was undoubtedly incredibly strong even at high ranks before, still remains strong now just not strong enough imo to be a hex, despite it being far more engaging and fun to use. i mean 80% of games had it, and whilst i have no doubt in my mind that it was easy to counter at high rank survivor (i mean i usually cleansed it 10s into the match or pushed through it like everyone else) it did grant a huge early game slowdown. That being said... i don't think early game slowdown is neccessary, not even for pipping now with the emblem system change.

it was mostly used for getting early game pressure, but late game pressure is where its at, stalling the match out etc. giving survivors a chance to actually play. sure a few gens might pop at the beginning, but i never really found that a problem unless it was a swf squad making sure to split gens and do them so incredibly optimally that i found myself unable to patrol gens all across the map from each other with either Pop or a killers ability. plus a popped gen just means a notifcation of where a survivor is to me, and less areas to patrol so no real biggy. it only gets bad when there speeding through endgame gens imo, saving toolboxes till the end, making sure not to 3 gen, making sure to have safe gens to do etc. by the time a couple gens have popped a survivor will always usually be on the hook for me whilst i chase another survivor pressuring the whole team so again like an early pop isn't to bad. (excluding maybe on trapper or hag who have no killer ability at the start of the match and require set up which can last even into the later gens as they aren't actively persuing anyone.)

idk maybe im just ranting at this point. but early game pressure was never really neccessary for me, not because im some god tier killer main (i play both sides) but because the middle of the match is the most interesting and where most of the slowdown happens anyways. So long as i pip/or/kill all survivors and/or have fun idm how many gens are done.