If ruin changes go live, me and a bunch of other killers are probably gonna quit

Options
12346»

Comments

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    edited January 2020
    Options

Just here to say you guys are silly. There's no "correct" way to win really as of now. Game's just about having fun. So... If you don't have fun with the perk, don't use it. Or if there's a single perk you rely on, maybe you just need to become an overall stronger killer.

I seriously find myself having a hard time giving a damn about the end result of a game because it's usually the middle of the game that I'm enjoying. I've used ruin maybe 2 times ever and I still manage fine. And even when I don't get the kills I wanted as a killer, I get used to telling myself it's because I could play better, or bring a better killer, or better offerings and addons or whatever. IDK, I just think it's silly to get as upset as some people are getting when things get shaken up. It's like if you one trick a certain character in a video game like Overwatch and get upset when they get nerfed. You gotta expect something like that. Can't only rely on one thing for a crutch the entirety of playing a game...

@EverflowingRiver you did start saying toxic. "toxic survivor main" definitely sounds like calling somebody toxic to me

@PBL187 you did bring up his mom even if you didn't insult her directly. You're also verbally attacking him over a disagreement. Your age really shows in this post

You both don't know what you're saying and should both stop.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

I'm with you, they want us to play survivor, fine, we all play survivor.

I'm ready to bet a ######### ton of money, within the next month or so, you will see threads like "FIX MATCHMAKING CANT PLAY SURVIVOR".

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

I thought you were done talking?

@Huff I called someone toxic directly first, fair enough, but it was in response to someone else calling the killer community toxic.

@gantes you are obviously trolling. All killer nerfs were needed? Legion didn't deserve what happened to them. And it's not questionable behavior to inform the devs that there are consequences to their actions.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Sorry, I'm talking about the nerfs, like Nurse and Spirit had,which were deserved. Not about the Legion adjustments to make sure they didn't just down survivors without counterplay,which were even more deserved.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

There just isn't really a point to bringing any attitude like that here to the forums. That just means somebody is overly emotional, and that usually means nobody should take their opinion seriously. Same thing goes for a kid going around calling people a "r3t4rd" for accusing them of bringing up somebody's mother, when they clearly did.

• EverflowingRiver
    Options

I'm talking about the last 2-3 legion nerfs, not the original one that was needed. He has been buried deep which was uncalled for.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Every reputable player I've seen talk about it has said it was a net buff but ok

• EverflowingRiver
    Options

I could be wrong, but I believe the devs said it was a nerf. How can ruining perk synergy for the sake of a slightly faster vault be a buff? Sorry if I don't believe your unnamed reputable players

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

yeh but statistics will show that killers can't cope without so hopefully they'll be a change to gens, so we no longer require ruin, and dont rely on a hex perk

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Honestly ruin is in my main build,but I either way wanted it gone. I don't really mind about the change,I would either way replace it

• Kay_Kazuto
    Kay_Kazuto Member Posts: 18
    Options

Well I can only imagine that because ruin had made the progress bar and skill check bar red letting you know there is the hex active. Maybe the new version can slip by under the radar more often then before. 😏

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745
    Options

we are entering a new dark era of killer. where gens can be done in under 30 seconds and since we spawn on the other side of the map, there is nothing we can do about it

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    Options

You and others are quitting over a perk change?okay.

See you in 2 weeks. Maximum.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    Options

I'm not a good player but I can usually hit the skill checks and if I'm off I'll resign myself to gen tapping. It doesn't really add that much time to the gen. From my humble, dirty survivor main POV, ruin wasn't doing enough to justify the perk spot. Especially since a bad spawn could mean the slot is wasted only seconds in. So I'm all for a little ruin change but I don't know if this rework is right (again, dirty survivor main, can't really judge) but the way they worded why it was being implemented definitely was not!

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

The thing is that I'm not a killer main. I feel bad for killer mains because the devs refuse to actually acknowledge the real issue and why Ruin is used so much.

I don't care that the perk is good or not. I care that the devs continue to ignore the communities frustrations.

• SteelDragon
    Options

they ignore the killers frustrations, you mean. since they listen to survivor frustrations all the time

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

All these people saying "I need ruin to have a chance against good survivors at red ranks" - what good survivors care about ruin at red ranks? Almost all good survivors can just work through it. It's literally a waste of a perk slot against good players. The only issue I've seen with it is when experienced players bring new friends into games and the newbs haven't seen a skill check before

• Athaya
    Athaya Member Posts: 8
    Options

When devs treat your side like a crap it is not that hard to quit the game. I have not played for 6 months already and not missing this game at all (i also have all dlc's and many cosmetics). Returned just to troll with insidious camping inb4 ruin changes. I lost my hope in these devs years ago. I'm about to throw up when i see this developer survivor bias.

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81
    Options

I'm not convinced yet that the Ruin change will be terrible. It will certainly make the game more fun and encourage creativity and experimentation with perk builds on both sides. I thought at first that the Ruin change would make the perk too weak and perhaps obsolete, but some players have made persuasive arguments to the contrary, and I spent a few hours today watching them prove their cases in PTB on live streams. My best guess is that Ruin shouldn't be a hex perk anymore, but this is ultimately about outcomes, so we'll have to wait for the data. I'm kind of excited to see how things play out.

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192
    Options

Is gud joke.

The Dev's of this game don't even actually play their own game past rank 20.

Of course they are gonna break it harder than a child with a new glass toy.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,202
    Options

I highly believe, the new Ruin is made to match with a new feature in the future, can be 2nd objectives, of at least a way that not allow 4 Survivors to repair at once.

• Atchoo
    Atchoo Member Posts: 326
    Options

You clearly do not play every killer on red ranks consistently, am I right?

I dont know what happened in the last time but it was kinda difficult to slow down the gen pressure at all (even WITH ruin): You cannot pressure 4 survivors at the same time if you do not slug nor have a base power which allows map pressure at all.

If you want to play "fair" and chase and hook a survivor, then leave and go for another one and so on: The match will be too short in most cases. Lets assume you need 45 seconds for a single hook and you hook every survivor 3 times, then you'll need at least a 9 minute game. And lets be honest, it is not always possible to down a survivor within 45 seconds (depending on the chosen kille and pallet spawns). Let me know how many games last 9 minutes or longer in red or purple ranks?

Most killers do not have any map pressure (except Oni, Hillybilly etc.). If you verse a decent rank 1-5 team, they will rush through gens within a few minutes. It has nothing to do with the skill of the killer player anymore. And its not even the fault of the survivors. Its a big balance issue and with the ruin changes the gen speed will become a bigger problem .

• bob4kfc
    bob4kfc Member Posts: 2
    Options

there are plenty of good killers that play without ruin why can’t people just adapt to the change

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    Options

Always regressing gens vs. Skill check gimmick.

Consistent value vs. random value that can be nullified by hitting skill checks.

Hmm.

• SteelDragon
    Options

they are not always regressing, only when no one is on the gen.

skill check gimmick regressed the gens while it was being worked on

"consistent value" what value? it is not slowing down actively being worked on gens. and the nullify by hitting skill checks is a interaction between the perk and survivors that had skill involved AND even if they did get the great ruin nullifies the bonus you would get for getting the great. so still slowing down the gen no matter if you hit the great or not

btw they are still both hexes, you want to talk about inconsistency start with the average life expectancy of hex perks

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

There are also plenty of good survivors who can hit skill checks, why can't people just adapt to the way things are now?

One of the main things a survivor is required to do is hit skill checks. But apparently if new survivors struggle with skill checks, then just nerf skill checks. However, even though both new and experienced killers struggle with slowing down gens... "git gud, killers."

I'm on console with its crap fps, my reaction time isn't that great, and still I didn't find Ruin to be that big of a problem to go up against. Even if I was having an off day and never hit a single great, I could still power through it. Or, I could cleanse the totem. Ruin was the only thing that made the mind-numbingly boring task of sitting on a gen holding the trigger button at all difficult; I had to actually put forth effort and try. It provided a challenge to a mindless task.

I know what I can look forward to if this Ruin nerf goes through: I will be running Small Game every match to try to head off the near-guaranteed NOED. Yay, fun.

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221
    Options

You don't seem to understand how Ruin worked. When Ruin was up Great skill checks gave no bonus progression. That means even if they complete great skill checks they're only repairing it as quickly as they would repair a generator normally with good skill checks. Killers didn't rely on Ruin to freeze gen progression. They used it to reduce gen progression to a more manageable pace.

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190
    Options

"Why can't people adapt."

Ask all the people who cry about perk nerfs for either side.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    Options

Random because the number of skill checks is random. It is possible to get 0 or 1 skill check for the whole gen.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

If these changes go live, I'll just have to ApPlY pReSsUrE by using all my moris with all the killers I play, put the BPs into my one survivor (since they're all just skin puppets), equip toolboxes with a second chance build, and then genrush until they replace all killers with bots. Because they're basically using the data from games to nerf the human player into one at this point. They don't want to listen to killer mains then it's time to show them the way completely abusing their own mechanics as the opposition.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Until you start losing tames you spent countless hours obtaining in the first place xD

Love the game but i will never touch it again!

• TunnelVision
    Options

No, no, no The only problem is ruin.... Honest!

At least they'll give us a month or so before announcing NOED is being changed to Everbody Escapes Death.

• TunnelVision
    Options

Just think of it this way.

At least you will have very fast queues because you're going to be one of the very few killers to stick around.

• TunnelVision
    Options

I think you misunderstand.

You're only a good killer when you stand in the middle of the ring around the rosie circle!

• TunnelVision
    Options

lol i hope you like crawling around on the ground because that's all that is going to happen when this goes live.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

I am so sick of this argument. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Just because you bought a product does not mean you deserve it to be great.

People buy things all the time that don't turn out how they like. Unless it was defective when you bought it, you are not entitled to a refund. I have bought games and paid to see movies that I didn't enjoy in the end. There is no guarantee that what you bought will be something you enjoy. Grow up and deal with it.

You may voice disapproval, but you certainly are not entitled to or deserve anything from the devs.

• Feyd
    Options

Most won't consider a perk change to be a personal slight against them.

Hell, Monto even likes the change.

https://youtu.be/7wzdIJLj-oE

• SteelDragon
    Options

1 he has only played against mostly potato survivors

2 its the PTB there is no rank and some people are even leaving up ruin on purpose instead of cleansing it to see its impact

3 he has not played that much with new ruin and only have played with the ruin + surveillance combo

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Within a few days, ps4 has lost the most popular killer perk in the game, and the ability to dodge swf lol.. fun times.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Please tell this to anybody who prepares food that you buy so that they know they don't have to put any effort into the food you buy as long as they give it to you in exchange for money. It's gonna be a huge relief to anybody who's having a horrible day and wants to take it out by pissing in somebody's soup.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258
    Options

I'll enjoy that for the month it lasts til Survivors get tired of even worse queue times and stop playing as well.

• Feyd
    edited January 2020
    Options

Never had bad food at a restaurant before? Talk about lucky. The mature thing to do is just not patronize an establishment that you don't like. You can leave a comment with the manager if you like, but you still are not *entitled* to a good meal.

That doesn't mean they're allowed to violate health codes, but it doesn't mean they have to make good food.

There is no "video game funness" law. Get over yourself. If you like the product, pay for it. If you don't, feel free to leave with or without telling the management why you don't wish to support them financially.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

There actually is, it's just not international. Which is one of the reason that Canada's entertainment industry doesn't hold a candle to that of the US. The fact that it's a Canadian company that has one of the most horrid concepts of game balance isn't entirely a coincidence.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

Im not a fan of the ruin nerf. Last couple moths I played like 70 surv/ 30 killer. Still manage to keep my R1 on both sides. My first 2 years in DbD I played Killer only. For the last year, surv just felt more relaxing and less frustrating. I never had problems as surv with ruin. Tbh I thought what is wrong with a killer on R1 if he doesnt use it. As killer its not like I ever relied on ruin. But I feel its needed on some killers. I think its funny how some big brains say killers who use ruin are not skilled xD. I use ruin a lot and I dont think I play every season R1 killer for over 2 years now because of ruin lol.

I hate slugging, camping and tunneling. Hate to face that and hate to play like that. And Im really tired of red ranks as killer. So with this ruin nerf I will just depip myself to rank 15 and play the most chill games I ever had. I heard the game is balanced in these ranks xD. And I will do that just because I can :P