Pallets

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

When you make it easier to drop pallets, please fix the oversized hitbox of pallets too please

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

People go on and on about this, why is it easier exactly?

• Master

@Mercury said:
    People go on and on about this, why is it easier exactly?

Currently, after you have pressed the button it takes some time till the survivor does the animation and the pallet actually is dropped down. Devs showed in the latest Q&A their plan to greatly decrease that animation time such that pallet dropping becomes a reaction thing and not a mindgame anymore.

• Mercury

Nevermind me... got a little light headed. Granted the hitbox should definitely be looked at, but the pallet animation is only when standing still.

This change will barely influence pallet looping. It's there to fix that spinning dance you do, even though you didn't run around the pallet, you're simply standing next to it. This twirl was unecessary and is being fixed.

• Master

@Mercury said:
    Nevermind me... got a little light headed. Granted the hitbox should definitely be looked at, but the pallet animation is only when standing still.

This change will barely influence pallet looping. It's there to fix that spinning dance you do, even though you didn't run around the pallet, you're simply standing next to it. This twirl was unecessary and is being fixed.

The oversized hitbox is necessary though?
    I cant count the times where I have looked at the pallet, seeing it drop in front of me but still it got me stuned :wink:

• Mercury

@Master said:

@Mercury said:

The oversized hitbox is necessary though?
    I cant count the times where I have looked at the pallet, seeing it drop in front of me but still it got me stuned :wink:

Nah mate, ya got me with the hitbox. It should be looked at. But the dance needs to go.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Devs are also moving the stun to the beginning of the drop animation instead of the end. So surv will drop the pallet right away wothout the dumb animation and the stun will be instant.  This will effectively stop hits at pallets completely.

I think the first part is really needed, the second is stupid and just makes pallets far more powrful again.  Welcome back to SC with impunity at every pallet location.