We're gonna live forever re-balance

Options

I love BBQ and chili as a killer, but the survivor counterpart is pretty much a dead perk.
It would be cool to add a second function to it; this is my suggestion.

For X seconds after receiving a token, you are healed X% faster.

It would be cool to keep it in line with BBQ, and give it some aura reading instead, but there's a nice synergy between getting hit for a token, and then quickly healing up afterwards.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    How is it a dead perk? It is used quite frequently in my games and as survivor I use it from time to time too
  • Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    Options

@Master said:
    How is it a dead perk? It is used quite frequently in my games and as survivor I use it from time to time too

A dead perk as in it doesn't actively do anything. It gives you more blood points at the end of the trial, but that's just meta game. BBQ would be a good perk even without the BP bonus (not that i want that gone!)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Lagoni said:

@Master said:

A dead perk as in it doesn't actively do anything. It gives you more blood points at the end of the trial, but that's just meta game. BBQ would be a good perk even without the BP bonus (not that i want that gone!)

I wouldn't use bbq if there was no bp bonus and as survivor you are strong enough without any perks too, that's why I use wglf. Only my personal opinion though 
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,602
    Options

I wouldn't call it a dead perk because it is used a lot in matches that I play at least, I think the main issue is that unlike BBQ it gives no in game effect - so a survivor is effectively using 3 perks only when playing with WGLF.

I like the idea of it doing something other than getting points, but balancing it out would be a nightmare, I personally think giving it a healing affect would make it too strong, taking the hit and being able to be healed faster means a lot less risk to the perk - I'd like to keep the risk involved. I wouldn't be adverse to having it heal someone else faster whilst it is active but then we have We'll Make It for that. Aura reading would probably be the best option in my mind, maybe showing the aura of other survivors for X amount of seconds, but only after taking a hit - not an unhook.

• Lagoni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@MandyTalk said:
    maybe showing the aura of other survivors for X amount of seconds, but only after taking a hit - not an unhook.

>
    Yeah maybe just showing the aura of the player you took the hit for, for a little while. It wouldn't really be good, but I guess it would be fun to see them get away as a result of your actions.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    BBQ would be just above trash tier for perks without the point gain.. just sayin
  • Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

@MandyTalk said:
    I wouldn't call it a dead perk because it is used a lot in matches that I play at least, I think the main issue is that unlike BBQ it gives no in game effect - so a survivor is effectively using 3 perks only when playing with WGLF.

I like the idea of it doing something other than getting points, but balancing it out would be a nightmare, I personally think giving it a healing affect would make it too strong, taking the hit and being able to be healed faster means a lot less risk to the perk - I'd like to keep the risk involved. I wouldn't be adverse to having it heal someone else faster whilst it is active but then we have We'll Make It for that. Aura reading would probably be the best option in my mind, maybe showing the aura of other survivors for X amount of seconds, but only after taking a hit - not an unhook.

I had the idea for the perk to conceal when you unhook someone, so the Killer wouldn't have the visual explosion and no audio cue. He could still see in the status bar that the Survivor was unhooked, but he wouldn't get the explosion, perhaps giving the Survivors' some extra time. How is that idea? :3

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited August 2018
    Options

What if, upon reaching 4 stacks, the survivor is granted the Hardened status effect that lasts until hit?

Would this bring back hook farming, as survivors race to get their 4 stacks for some end-game immunity?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Personally I think it is fine as it is, but it should get some additional effect, it could show the killer's aura to the unhooked survivor for a couple seconds to allow him to avoid running into him and getting downed again. It would make it a useful perk to do safe unhooks.

• Lagoni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@White_Owl said:
    Personally I think it is fine as it is, but it should get some additional effect, it could show the killer's aura to the unhooked survivor for a couple seconds to allow him to avoid running into him and getting downed again. It would make it a useful perk to do safe unhooks.

I like this idea. Actually getting a complete aura reading for x seconds might be a bit too powerful (maybe not), but maybe just an "explosion" like when a hex totem is cleared.