Another hatch idea

Give the survivors the responsibility of building the hatch themselves... each gen that's complete a piece to the hatch spawns... still have the designated spawn point be random and have the survivors find it....then find the parts to take to the hatch location place them.. this would be a decent way to give survivors something else to do without slowing gen times down... throw in some extra bp for finding the parts and building the hatch... this would get rid of the hatch stand off and survivors would have to earn it at least in some way... thoughts? :)

Comments

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

I don't like the idea of pieces spawning based on gens completed. What would the purpose of that be? It also implies that all generators would have to be fixed, which would make the hatch obsolete anyways.

If all you want is get rid of a boring hatch standoff, just give the survivor an "open hatch" animation. If it's a couple of seconds long, then they would have to get there first in order to escape (or at least be there alone).

I guess you could also have the hatch work like it does now (opens when one survivor left with at least 2 gens done), but then have the "close hatch" option for the killer. It wouldn't do anything other than make the "open hatch" a requirement for the survivor.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Lagoni said:

I don't like the idea of pieces spawning based on gens completed. What would the purpose of that be? It also implies that all generators would have to be fixed, which would make the hatch obsolete anyways.

If all you want is get rid of a boring hatch standoff, just give the survivor an "open hatch" animation. If it's a couple of seconds long, then they would have to get there first in order to escape (or at least be there alone).

I guess you could also have the hatch work like it does now (opens when one survivor left with at least 2 gens done), but then have the "close hatch" option for the killer. It wouldn't do anything other than make the "open hatch" a requirement for the survivor.

The idea is so the survivors have to constantly think after each gen is done they need to find this part now just incase things go south for them other wise no hatch will be available for the last person and it was their fault for not building the hatch.. yes the gen rush is still there but if they want the extra bp they have another objective of building the hatch... maybe it could be another escape route after their done building it... theres possibilities to adding this in rather then use the hatch as a comfort zone because it's free escape for the survivor..
  • Lagoni

@Bravo0413 said:

The idea is so the survivors have to constantly think after each gen is done they need to find this part now just incase things go south for them other wise no hatch will be available for the last person and it was their fault for not building the hatch.. yes the gen rush is still there but if they want the extra bp they have another objective of building the hatch... maybe it could be another escape route after their done building it... theres possibilities to adding this in rather then use the hatch as a comfort zone because it's free escape for the survivor..

Yeah okay. I also think some games go by much too quick, but a hatch building mechanic just seems a bit clunky. What will you do, if the guy who picks up the part doesn't build it?
    It also feels like "planning to fail". We can do the gens real quick and win, or we can build this stupid hatch, and waste time until we lose.

• Bravo0413
    Lagoni said:

@Bravo0413 said:

Yeah okay. I also think some games go by much too quick, but a hatch building mechanic just seems a bit clunky. What will you do, if the guy who picks up the part doesn't build it?
    It also feels like "planning to fail". We can do the gens real quick and win, or we can build this stupid hatch, and waste time until we lose.

It's high risk high reward.. you build it you all could get the hatch escape and points.. as you pointed out the hatch is not needed to escape therefore if someone's being a dick then just do gens.. you could easily have it to where when someone is on the hook have them drop the part that way someone else can pick it up.. either way I feel the survivors should have to fight for their escape not be given the hatch and it shouldnt be just taken away with the hatch closing... this would be the alternative I feel.. because the devs tried what 3 different ways of doing the hatch closing in a ptb? None of them they liked.. why not give the survivors something else to do in the game to slow it down for killers that are trash tier like wraith, freddy, LF...
  • Lagoni

I just don't think anyone would actually try building the hatch. Maybe after all the gens are done, which would just make the game much more frustrating for a killer who has already lost the game.
    It's "punishing" the wrong people IMO.
    I generally don't do hatch stand offs, and I don't know why some people waste so much time on them, and feel cheated when the last survivor gets hatch. If I'm killer, i just get the 300 points for the hit, and if I'm survivor, and the killer is at the hatch, I just do a gen.

• Bravo0413
    Lagoni said:

I just don't think anyone would actually try building the hatch. Maybe after all the gens are done, which would just make the game much more frustrating for a killer who has already lost the game.
    It's "punishing" the wrong people IMO.
    I generally don't do hatch stand offs, and I don't know why some people waste so much time on them, and feel cheated when the last survivor gets hatch. If I'm killer, i just get the 300 points for the hit, and if I'm survivor, and the killer is at the hatch, I just do a gen.

Then you dont see how that a free escape is wrong... if killer plays well then they should get the 4k... if survivors play bad they should fail 1 survivor is not an exception... you pointed out a new end game idea if teams decided to do that it would be a plus imo extra points and maybe an extra kill.. it wouldnt be punishing the "the wrong people"... if survivors gen rush that's on them they lose out on points possible... a lot of survivors complain about point income this would give them more points... hatch escape gives what an extra 2k? Giving 7k total for escaping..