New ruin encouraging "toxic" behaviour?

Options

Let's suppose the hex totem tied to ruin lasted to late game (sounds rare I know, but sometimes it was something that happened) with old ruin, sometimes that would make survivors dont touch gens at all and make the match easy for the killer.

However, the new ruin inverted this problem: because now it encourages survivors to NOT leave gens and therefore "gen rush" and/or don't help with things like hook saves.

In both cases (old ruin = gens not being done / new ruin = gens getting rushed) this behaviour should've been avoided in the first place while making the perk, but it's more or less still problematic.

Was this something that has been thought of?

Comments

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

I assume there didn't go any thought into anything.

Otherwise they wouldn't come up with ruin is equipped due to emblem.

• MrVecetti
    MrVecetti Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2020
    Options

New ruin is only better in a 3-4 gen setup situation. Making this YET AGAIN an update that increases the gap between SWF and non-SWF.

The entire game and all its update made this game absolutely impossible to balance. And developer keep going down this path till everyone is just fed up with it.

Killer get nerved to the point slugging/tunneling are their only viable option + the tomes encourage toxic gameplay.

At this point u can't even blame the community anymore for being toxic. Because the game has been patched into it.

The entire ruin rework isnt beneficial for the killer or the survivor. It just encourages more toxic gameplay

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

New ruin isn't encouraging toxic behavior been toxic for toxic sake is, no matter if they nerf, buff, add things, take away there will always be toxic behavior.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

I didn't mean toxic in every sense of the word, what I meant is that encourages survivors to gen rush and don't leave their gen for things like going to unhook a teammate

• rokydj1995
    rokydj1995 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Have you ever thought of removing the killers' weapons? So the survivors can make the generators in peace. There is a point where it will no longer be worth creating the killers. You are nerfing practically the whole killer side (nurse, spirit, freddy's add-on, legion). And then the game is not only made up of people of rank 20 as you have understood.

• Av3ryEvans
    Av3ryEvans Member Posts: 7
    Options

Just saying this. If u don't touch a gen just cause of the Ruin, it's ur decision. If u don't go and safe a survivor from the hook cause of Ruin being altered that's ur decision. It has nothing to do with the perk. I always played good rounds even with the RUIN so don't go and shove everything to the developer. ♡

• MrVecetti
    Options

It has everything to do with the altering of the perk and the developers. Ruin went from a perk that was equally bad for SWF aswell as non-SWF.

They turned it into a perk that SWF can EASLY counter while non-SWF get punished again by yet another update.

The balance between non-SWF and SWF is a FAR bigger issue than the balance between killer and survivor in this game. If only the devs would wake up and realize this. They could maybe actually start balancing the game. Instead of making the balancement worse which is what they are doing now. Because they keep focussing their balance updates on killer vs survivor. Which at this point REALLY ISNT the issue in balancement..

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I don't play much at the moment but recently I have found myself equipping NOED and an Ebony Mori on a regular basis.

I'm at killer rank 6. These survivors just take the wotsit.

• blackx2
    blackx2 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Actually in low/mid ranks, some folks with less than 500 hours, when they saw that a generator was affected by the old ruin.. they just start wandering around or hiding in lockers, doing random totems.

And, the older ruin was a unfair experience for newcomers.

• MrVecetti
    Options

Imagine not being good at a PVP game as a newcomer.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    Options

Bro, if you play against survivors who are afraid of touching gens because ruin is there you don't need anyway, they are bad.

The only thing that is different with 'rework' is that even good survivors miss greats from time to time and thus added a lot of time to gen, especially with multiple people on it. Now it just does nothing when they work on it.

Killer is chasing someone - 3 other people do gens, 80s later 3 gens are done and killer maybe got a hook and broke 3 pallets.

If you break the chase to push them of gens spine chill or object of obsession gives them enough warning to get to favorable loops. Meanwhile person who you left alone is doing gens.

In Theory it will work against survivors who can hit greats better than old ruinę but in practice it will be dead perk. It still regresses gen two times slower than survivors pump them up. Just grab pop.

At least that's what i do when playing survivor, kindred, spine chill and dead hard is my core. Very easy games with it.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103
    Options

Slightly nerf toolboxes, especially Commodious.

Make it so keys aren't instant anymore, more like a 5 seconds channel with a skillcheck randomly happening in between. Purple keys only opening the hatch for a short period ( without triggering ECG of course )

Add 10 seconds to the base amount of time for generators. Increase the diminishing return into 12/24/36% per survivor working on the same gen, and buff Prove Thyself accordingly.

Totally remove points from farming a survivor and putting him twice in a row on the hook in the Sacrifice categorie, if he gets slugged to avoid this penalty, give an extra 35 second ( The exact 95% recovery time being 30.4 ) timer before killers gets points back.

Make moris out of death hook. Make it so you see people queuing together as a killer, if you bring an Ebony while facing 4 people teams, you can mori the first person after the second hook. The penalty from above applies to said mori.

Make the regression rate of generators 1.3 times the current amount.

Delay Adrenaline if you're exhausted. Make NOED visible instantly after all the generator are poped and slightly nerf the ms gain (1,2,3 ).

Make Unbreakable's passive half if you already used it.

Fix Dead Hard's inconstitancy.

Automatically reopen hatch 10 seconds before the end of EGC ( It's all fun and games until you figure out you're facing a Bloodwarden gamer that slugged a guy to have the good timing and gets the easiest 4K of his life )

Get rid of Bloodlust past tier 1.

Fix the damn maps, don't let RNG decide so hard how much you wil suffer from your match. I'm sick and tired of getting T&L spawns everywhere whener I play survivor and pallet gyms/jungle gym with abundance whenever I play killer, that's doesn't happen all the time but when it does I lose faith in my current game, and I really feel like I'm not the only one.

• D3Demon
    D3Demon Member Posts: 9
    Options

I'd like the spark explosion from gens to be the new ruin. You blow a skill check that's now easy because nothing's really impeding it... You should have to let that gen, and your nerves, cool off.

I'm relatively new. So feel free to ignore my input.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

Totally remove points from farming a survivor and putting him twice in a row on the hook in the Sacrifice categorie, if he gets slugged to avoid this penalty, give an extra 35 second ( The exact 95% recovery time being 30.4 ) timer before killers gets points back.

I can't really agree on this. No matter what is the penalty you can't stop farming.

Imagine if you (as a killer) have only 2 survivors left, one is hooked and you're hooking the other. That last one you hooked gets out by himself and you can't hook them back because it would penalise you for it unless you delay the game for everyone.

Make moris out of death hook. Make it so you see people queuing together as a killer, if you bring an Ebony while facing 4 people teams, you can mori the first person after the second hook. The penalty from above applies to said mori.

That removes the whole point of moris in the first place, they're supposed to buy you time. If moris were on death hook, it would be complete useless considering sometimes the mori animation can be longer than carrying them on a hook. Unless moris rarity changed to brown with this change, it would be very bad IMO.

Delay Adrenaline if you're exhausted. Make NOED visible instantly after all the generator are poped and slightly nerf the ms gain (1,2,3 ).

This would potentially make adrenaline way stronger. You can control when you stop being exhausted by stop running (same tech used to "abuse" sprint burst") so imagine you're in a chase, the last gen pops but you still have 1% of exhaustion left, so you wait until its the right moment and GG, insta heal plus 5 second sprint.

Automatically reopen hatch 10 seconds before the end of EGC ( It's all fun and games until you figure out you're facing a Bloodwarden gamer that slugged a guy to have the good timing and gets the easiest 4K of his life )

This would be completely pointless. If this feature was added, every killer with bloodwarden would just camp the hatch if they know they BW timer will outplay the EGC one.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    Options

For your point to why a survivor would gen rush more doesn’t make much sense to me because why would the survivor stop doing the gen in the first place with old ruin? Doing gens is there only objective.

Also new ruin is arguably better than old ruin because it doesn’t rely on rng with the skill checks, and with the new ruin you know if the survivor doesn’t touch the gen it will constantly get regress. On top of that, you don’t need to worry about optimal survivors who always hit there great skill checks, making it seem as if ruin never even existed to them. So new ruin is more easier, more consistent and better than old.

Not only that, but it also helps with map pressure because you know that once the survivor gets off the gen, you don’t need to waste time damaging it and also know it is regression. So you don’t need to have the constant thought of thinking if I damage the gen, the survivor will have more distance.

Moreover, with perks such as sloppy butcher with the addition of you hitting the survivor. You can make it so the survivor waste time healing while the gen is also regression making gen rushing even harder than it was before and giving you as a killer more time.

Let’s say the survivor still does gens even when they are injured, the chase time will be shorten and you will have a much easier time downing someone. Also, while hooking a survivor you will know that one of them survivor would have to leave there gen in order to go after the hook survivor. Thus making the hen regress and also allowing you to focus on other survivors.

I honestly don’t see why old ruin is better than new ruin, especially when you can use other perks to support you.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103
    Options

I can't really agree on this. No matter what is the penalty you can't stop farming.

Imagine if you (as a killer) have only 2 survivors left, one is hooked and you're hooking the other. That last one you hooked gets out by himself and you can't hook them back because it would penalise you for it unless you delay the game for everyone.

I can agree that in very specific scenarios the penalty wouldn't be really appropriate, just remove it if the only person standing is someone that just got hooked, or make it like kobe ( From Deliverance or 4% ) doesn't count. Facts are you simply have no control over someone unhooking right in the killer's face and that's the frustrating part about it. I myself usually farm the survivor that just got unhooked for pressure purposes if the other one is hiding, but never put it back on the hook. That's simply lame and kinda boring for both sides tbh.

That removes the whole point of moris in the first place, they're supposed to buy you time. If moris were on death hook, it would be complete useless considering sometimes the mori animation can be longer than carrying them on a hook. Unless moris rarity changed to brown with this change, it would be very bad IMO.

Mori have always been a cool animation to my eyes, and they are a guaranteed kill, buying time with a simple offering is kinda meh in the first place. In red ranks it's most likely used to make it so tunneling becomes an efficient strat, most killers will even drop their current chase to commit their murder ASAP, and people in soloQ most likely won't even try to stall the mori.

This would potentially make adrenaline way stronger. You can control when you stop being exhausted by stop running (same tech used to "abuse" sprint burst") so imagine you're in a chase, the last gen pops but you still have 1% of exhaustion left, so you wait until its the right moment and GG, insta heal plus 5 second sprint.

I only meant that for the speedboost, if you're healthy but exhausted when the gens are popped, too bad for you, you're not gonna get healed once it procs. It's just a way to make Adrenaline plays more precise and to not stack up/directly follow whatever Exhaustion Perk you have with Adrenaline.

This would be completely pointless. If this feature was added, every killer with bloodwarden would just camp the hatch if they know they BW timer will outplay the EGC one.

That wasn't definitively my best idea, but still has some potential. If they camp the hatch with 4 or even 3 survivors alive, and you can still benefit the end game map to kill/hook some people before this timing, there'll still be some plays to make from both sides, and it will also allow the last man standing to have an opportunity to escape with doors spawning next to each other.