Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Higher Ranks, More Gens

TheOneElric
TheOneElric Member Posts: 68
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now my partner had the simple but in my opinion genius idea of solving genrushing atomic explosions in higher ranks.

The higher the rank of the survivors, the more gens they have to finish before the gates open.Purple gets one more gen, red two more gens. To fix the placement problem, spawn more gens on the map the higher the ranks.

This would be calculated by the average rank of all survivors. And maybeeee the killers ranks, dunno.

Old Ruin was too hard on beginners and too easy on veterans.

This would make the game more challenging for top survivors and killer can be a bit less stressed on high ranks because genrushing nukes their game within 2 minutes.

How about it?

Comments

• Maxomega
    Maxomega Member Posts: 20

This is all on the premise that rank means anything.

I say this in two ways: 1) the ranking system is faulty, and playing a lot matters more than playing well. 2) there's no incentive to be a red rank in this game. No extra BP, no XP boost, not even a cosmetic. So, why then, would a red rank player voluntarily stay in red ranks if the game is harder for them? Scott Jund made a video about the new Ruin changes, and he makes a point about the pacing boiling down to map design. Maps are too big, leaving only the best killers to properly pressure survivors off gens. I'm convinced the only way to fix how fast the game goes by, is to make maps smaller.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Why should I rank up to do even more of the most boring thing a Survivor has to do?

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

What would happen if there was a mix of ranks.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

^ Matchmaking is too crappy for this. It is also super unfair, I don't imagine doing 7 gens against killers like TheEntityLeftHand, Otzdarva or ZubatLel.

I think that killers should just see swf. He sees 4man squad he takes good addons and sweaty build, sees randos so no addons and meme build.

• Macmillan
    Macmillan Member Posts: 100

prefiro que assassinos de rank roxo usem 5 perks e de rank vermelho usem 6 perks para combater melhor as swf maltidas e toxicas e nojentas fazendo gen rush em 70% das partidas.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,086

Looks like a deranking time!

But seriously, this wouldn't fix anything...

• TheOneElric
    TheOneElric Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2020

Well, fair enough everyone. It WAS just a random idea that popped up one evening.

I suppose you're right... making killers see SWF and normalising map sizes ( No more walking simulator size maps ) would be the only effective way of slowing down the gen game.

I thought the added challenge of more gens would be enough encouragement for the top survs but oh well..