Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why do survivors de-pip from killers deranking

Options
Fuzzbean
Fuzzbean Member Posts: 5
edited January 2020 in Ask the Community

This is the 3rd game today I've played where the killer stands perfectly still or just spins in place the entire match refusing to chase or hit anyone so they can derank.

With this stupid deranking system, I've lost 2 pips and broke even the 3rd time because just doing generators/cleansing/searching chests is not enough. This is absolute crap, if killers want to derank that's fine but the system needs to change so that others dont get punished too. Plus it makes it so the match isnt fun.

Answers

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117
    Options

Agree.

But same stupid system works the other way, if a survivor dc´s after he get downed, the killer gets punished,cause of less hooks, less chases and so on.

There should be some kind of system to prefend this, like a survivor who dc´s automatically counts as 3 hokked.

Same if a killer dc´s, should auto-pip all survivors.

Not sure how to fix ur problem, maybe auto-pip, if the killer dont move that much all game long? This would also be a conter for camping bubbas, i guess, where u also cant get altruism points.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020
    Options

You're right. The answer to your question is, because the system is not well-designed. Certain survivor emblems punish survivors for circumstances which are outside their control. Worse, the Benevolence emblem in particular punishes survivors for playing too well, in a similar way to what the Devout emblem does for killers. In my opinion, the current ranking system is too restrictive, and needs revisiting. The roadmap for this year hinted that we might be getting some kind of ranking rework soon, though, so fingers crossed 🤞

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

I don't know if a Ranking rework ties into the Emblem system being reworked as well.

But, the Emblem system works off of the current Ranking system, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Emblem system is revamped for the new Ranking system OR thrown out entirely. Who knows, we'll have to see.

Hopefully we do get a rework for it, it's a growing issue that a lot of Survivors and Killers have talked about since the "Rainbow Rank" problem, and before that as well.