Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So are disconnects being punished or not?

Because it's really great to run a Survivor Pudding and expensive add-ons, have a salty DC followed by two others, then end up with less points than the last survivor (SARCASM).

Comments

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I thought they were? But either they did not do a great job and just rushed this or its not even out yet.

• Macmillan
    Macmillan Member Posts: 100

eu não vejo ninguém sendo punido porque a BHVR não pune ninguém para não perder jogadores e não perder a oportunidade de vender skins.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

It was tested and NOT well received by quite a few players. I'd say that the penalty is not going to fix anything. Whatever they come up with next at BHVR. needs to be something that is based upon WHY players quit matches in the first place.

They need to take a survey on the player base.

In 2018 this game did not have leavers to this volume.

• TheEntity03
    TheEntity03 Member Posts: 117

Yeah like how people DC at the drop of a hat when they are instantly down by the killer because they were cocky

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

They tested, but as I recall it was more a concern of server stability. During that 2 day test, lots of people were punished with timeouts as a result of the servers dropping them, buggy loads of the tally screen AFTER the match, and various other bugs. Obviously unfair.

Haven’t heard anything on it since, so I assume BHVR is still crunching the data from that test run. They prolly need to work out a lot of kinks before this goes live, but by golly I hope it doesn’t take too long! DCs are ridiculous!

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

No. I called it that it wouldn't stay, Ever.

Their walmart servers kick people so often they wouldn't have a pbase to have a game.

I solo, so I'll continue to DC from games where the killer hard tunnels(by passing 1 or more survivors for the recently unhooked) or slugs. I'm not earning anything, so the killer isn't going to off me. IDC about dying or being first hook, etc. I care about earning BP. That's it. Rank means nothing since I'm ALWAYS sorted with rank 20-16 even if i'm in red ranks. Their game has become a meme and not in a good way.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

I rarely see First person downed quit. 1 in 10 games. I more often see people DC because they're being tunneled extremely early. No body wants to stay or play a game where they aren't going to earn anything from it.

They can't fix how killer's play the game since they adamantly defended tunneling and camping to be "legit" strategies. So DCing will continue to be a strategy to go on to the next game so time spent can be converted into BP, which at the end of the day is the only reason people even play the game. Killer's want people to stop DCing, stop being sweaty tryhards when there are 5 gens left and the first person is hooked less than a minute into the game.

• theonethatknows
    theonethatknows Member Posts: 11

They are too scared to lose players about this feature therefore they didnt went through with it.

Also I dont think they have the skills yet to implement a solid tool that would detect DCs and punish them fairly. In the end they are here in new territory. Mabye their coders are not that good at all.