Slow vaults and Window Hits

Slow vaults while sprinting shouldn't be a thing, a slow vault should be voluntary, not while you're sprinting and trying to get away and at that crucial moment, you slow vault through a window getting you downed leading me to my next point. While going through a window if you've already touched the ground the killer's attack should divert to the window instead of you counting as a miss.

Comments

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

What you are describing is the medium vault. There are actually 3.
    Slow: when you are walking/crouching (this is the only silent vault)
    Mid: when you sprint, but come in from an angle, or you didn't have enough of a run-up
    Fast: When you are in a proper sprint, and you come in to the window from a 90 degree angle.

I also disagree with the feet touching the ground. If windows were to be changed like that, the already very powerful loops would be made even stronger.
    Also, this is a peer to peer game, so what happens on your screen is not necessarily what is happening on the server (killers screen).

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Every window loop would become so much more powerful if it didn't matter at which direction you vaulted from or at what speed so no thanks.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

He wants back the old fast vault from any angle.
    Guess what? It got nerfed for a reason.
    Not every survivor is a parcour athlet.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    1. vault from the right angle -> get a fast vault. yes, vaulting indeed takes some skill right now. no, they wont change that back.
    2. never thought about the fact, that the killer can reach through the window with his arms? killers always had a range through windows. deal with it.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Mister_xD said:
    1. vault from the right angle -> get a fast vault. yes, vaulting indeed takes some skill right now. no, they wont change that back.
    2. never thought about the fact, that the killer can reach through the window with his arms? killers always had a range through windows. deal with it.
    I wonder how much Huntress triggers him. ;)
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Confused_Senpai said:
    Slow vaults while sprinting shouldn't be a thing, a slow vault should be voluntary, not while you're sprinting and trying to get away and at that crucial moment, you slow vault through a window getting you downed leading me to my next point. While going through a window if you've already touched the ground the killer's attack should divert to the window instead of you counting as a miss.

Why should a survivor be able to jump through a window, but when the killer lunges through it there should be a magical wall protecting you? Sounds pretty much like entitlement.

There are 3 modes of vaulting btw.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The medium vault has been purposely introduced to handicap survivors.
    It used not to even exist back then. They actually added objects and such in front of several vaults to force survivors to medium vault through it rather than fast vault (example Ironworks vault)

It's, intended, and it's okay like that.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Runiver said:
    The medium vault has been purposely introduced to handicap survivors.
    It used not to even exist back then. They actually added objects and such in front of several vaults to force survivors to medium vault through it rather than fast vault (example Ironworks vault)

It's, intended, and it's okay like that.

Just a pity that there exists the 360ing exploit and you can do a fast vault anyway

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I still dont understand why people feel this way.. there was a post in a Facebook community a guy thought that the killer shouldn't be able to turn while lunging....... it blows my mind.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Bravo0413 said:
    I still dont understand why people feel this way.. there was a post in a Facebook community a guy thought that the killer shouldn't be able to turn while lunging....... it blows my mind.

It has been one of the nerfs for killers that have been tested back then.
    Even devs themselves considered it to be too much.
    (Yes, it nearly happened live lol)

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Runiver said:

@Bravo0413 said:

It has been one of the nerfs for killers that have been tested back then.
    Even devs themselves considered it to be too much.
    (Yes, it nearly happened live lol)

"BADWORD" that!! Really? The devs actually considered it? How is the killer making playing too much? It would have been 360 for the win 😆
  • jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    I do agree though, vaulting needs more work. The amount of times people get hit through vaults is silly at times. They are supposed to help survivors balance out the speed advantage the killer has.

Most survivors don't know where the adults are and so just use them as opportunist break points. So while the three style of vaults makes sense, it also doesn't from a survivor point of view. Killers already have the speed advantage and quite a significant one at that, so a good killer should be able to counteract the vault a few seconds after it happens. 

But hey that's just my view on it. As a person who is fed up of going through pallets and vaults and getting insta-hitted.