Trapping chests

I haven't seen this idea coming up, so here goes. I really enjoy playing Trapper, especially now with the recent buff (thanks devs!). Yet I still find him (and as far as I can tell, some more experienced killer mains share this view) somewhat lacking, at least without strong addons. Not that I mind it, having 1-2 kills is enough for me, if I caught enough people in traps... sooooo satisfying. But mostly for increased fun factor, I'd really like him to be able to place traps INSIDE chests somehow. I guess it would need quite a bit of work from devs: considering ways to disarm, adding some minor visual clues, so survivors have a chance to spot it during/before searching chest, and new animations too (obviously it'd be a hand caught, not a leg), etc. So it's probably too much to ask for. But it would be so hilarious. I wouldn't even mind if it came with a ridiculously high chance of survivor freeing himself/herself, or even no damage. It's not about making him stronger (I'm strongly on the "git gud" opinion when it's about weaker killers), more about increased diversity and surprise/fun factor.
Anyway, most likely it will remain a dream. One that I cherish though.

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@George_Soros said:
    I haven't seen this idea coming up, so here goes. I really enjoy playing Trapper, especially now with the recent buff (thanks devs!). Yet I still find him (and as far as I can tell, some more experienced killer mains share this view) somewhat lacking, at least without strong addons. Not that I mind it, having 1-2 kills is enough for me, if I caught enough people in traps... sooooo satisfying. But mostly for increased fun factor, I'd really like him to be able to place traps INSIDE chests somehow. I guess it would need quite a bit of work from devs: considering ways to disarm, adding some minor visual clues, so survivors have a chance to spot it during/before searching chest, and new animations too (obviously it'd be a hand caught, not a leg), etc. So it's probably too much to ask for. But it would be so hilarious. I wouldn't even mind if it came with a ridiculously high chance of survivor freeing himself/herself, or even no damage. It's not about making him stronger (I'm strongly on the "git gud" opinion when it's about weaker killers), more about increased diversity and surprise/fun factor.
    Anyway, most likely it will remain a dream. One that I cherish though.

i would be okay with him being able to close chests and put a trap inside it as well as only injuring the survivor caught and them not being traped since it would hit their hand not feet

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101

With those two additions, it seems very workable: if you have to put it in an already opened, empty chest, then survivors don't need a visual cue because their clue to avoid it is when a used chest becomes closed again, and if it injures but doesn't trap, you don't need any special animations or necessarily to allow disarming it.. Just have it fling shrapnel into their face and injure them when opened, and the trapper had to sacrifice a trap he can't recover to make it happen.