The whispers change.

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
In case you forgot, in a live stream some time ago they talked about the change about whispers.

The proposed change looks like this:
The range is reduced to 24m and further reduced by 8m for each survivors death, like a reversed Sole Survivor.

I think its a horrible change and a nerf to a few  Killers who aren't close to OP while very reliant on this perk for a couple reasons.

Its used by Trappers so they know if its save to place a Trap.

Pigs to know when its a good time to start crouching to maximize the chances of a successful ambush without having to move crouched across the map.

Huntress to know when survivors are hiding within her MASSIVE directional lullaby.

Its also used by some Clowns to surprise survivors with bottles before starting a chase.

I think the best way to nerf Whispers is to let it stay at 32m and simply deactivate it when only one survivor is left.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@ChesterTheMolester said:

I think the best way to nerf Whispers is to let it stay at 32m and simply deactivate it when only one survivor is left.

Whispers should not be nerfed, this perk is literally Stridor, or BS tier. LEAVE THE WHISPERS ALONE, I'M SERIOUS >cry<

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Whispers should remain the same. Its not common to see, its only "useful" on large maps or last two/one alive situations. Its like an aura perk but instead of simply showing you exactly where the person is, the survivor is given a chance to be stealthy. Why buff aura perks but nerf a "look somewhere around this general area" perk. Makes 0 sense.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    In case you forgot, in a live stream some time ago they talked about the change about whispers.

The proposed change looks like this:
    The range is reduced to 24m and further reduced by 8m for each survivors death, like a reversed Sole Survivor.

I think its a horrible change and a nerf to a few  Killers who aren't close to OP while very reliant on this perk for a couple reasons.

Its used by Trappers so they know if its save to place a Trap.

Pigs to know when its a good time to start crouching to maximize the chances of a successful ambush without having to move crouched across the map.

Huntress to know when survivors are hiding within her MASSIVE directional lullaby.

Its also used by some Clowns to surprise survivors with bottles before starting a chase.

It isn't reduced as people die, its increased. Its to make it harder to find people as they die because you get a larger search area. Still its rendering the perk useless endgame if people are dead because the radius nearly becomes the map size.

• Nickdela9812
    Nickdela9812 Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2018

I've always loved Whispers, the best tracking perk if you know how to use it. Personally i'm ok with the changes. They're buffing it early game (the most important part of the game currently, you REALLY need to find the first one ASAP) and nerfing it a little on the end game. It's a good trade for me, then we'll see of course, but it's not a big nerf in the end game. It should become what it is now the current Whspers 2 (40 meters)

• I only used whispers to hear the entity's metal vocals. they were rad.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited August 2018
    The new rendition is cooler.

32m for 4 survivors is ass.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

My problem with whispers is the killer using it always seems to run right to me no matter where I'm hiding. There's a few occasions where they know someones around and go looking but mostly it's like it's actively telling them where you're at. They tell me post game well it told me where you're at yet the description doesn't say that. It's sporadically not constant and it's isn't like a permanent bbq aura but seems to work like that.

I'd love to see them remove that and other ones like that when they finally fix things and actually make it a stealthy game play style. There'd be lots of los breakers but only 1-2 pallets on small maps and no endless loop spots. Just places to break los and sneak of in 1 of several directions or places to hide better. You could remove DS at that point along with other perks on both sides.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Whispers is one of the strongest killer perks there is while being fair. The proposed change would definitely nerf Pig while buffing other killers so I really dont know how I feel about the change.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@powerbats said:
    My problem with whispers is the killer using it always seems to run right to me no matter where I'm hiding. There's a few occasions where they know someones around and go looking but mostly it's like it's actively telling them where you're at. They tell me post game well it told me where you're at yet the description doesn't say that. It's sporadically not constant and it's isn't like a permanent bbq aura but seems to work like that.

I'd love to see them remove that and other ones like that when they finally fix things and actually make it a stealthy game play style. There'd be lots of los breakers but only 1-2 pallets on small maps and no endless loop spots. Just places to break los and sneak of in 1 of several directions or places to hide better. You could remove DS at that point along with other perks on both sides.

I think Whisper's is more fair because it's far more skill based than aura reading is. The fact that people can seemingly wallhack with Whispers is really cool, and evidence of expert play and knowledge. But there's nothing as spoon-feeding as literally showing the precise location of the prey through aura reading.

Detection gameplay should be based off of Stridor, Whispers, and Shadowborn, rather than built around aura reading. Definitely wouldn't mind more LoS breaks either.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Visionmaker said:
    I think Whisper's is more fair because it's far more skill based than aura reading is.

This. Whispers just says "Hey, dude, there's someone around! I won't tell you where though c:"