Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Not fun anymore

Options

Why play a dbd when you have to wait so long to get in a match? It used to be fun now you just sit there and hope for a match. How does fortnite load 100 players in less than 30 seconds and dbd can't load 5 in 10 minutes?

Answers

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Maybe if they made more killer challenges, lobbies wouldn't take aeons to start.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@redmule

Match-Making issues is why this is happening, BHVR has said that they're aware of this issue and that they're looking to overhaul the Ranking System to help out with the Match-Making issue, since both of those DO tie together.

BHVR even said this in their most recent Dev Stream, so they're aware of this and wanted us to know that they're.

At the moment though, the Match-Making is having issues with which ranks you pair with and how long the queue times are, but it could also have something to do with your region, rank, and time of day you're playing in.

May I ask, what's your Rank, Region (optional), and time of day you're in? For the part about the time of day, just say if it's late where you're or early, something like that.

• redmule
    redmule Member Posts: 2
    Options

Rank 4 from the northwest playing midday

• FireHazard
    Options

That Region you gave is kind of vague (unless i'm dumb), so i'll just say America.

Anyways, Mid-Day on a Friday (When school should be over I believe) at Rank 4 should get you some decent queue times for Red Ranks yeah, I wouldn't say THAT LONG since for me it's been about 3 minutes or more, but it really does change I suppose.

Match-Making in-general is having issues for all of us, since I haven't really seen anyone say they haven't had issues with 3.5.0 (or around 3.5.0 almost being released), so it might be because of Match-Making having issues (which isn't a surprise) or not many Killers are playing at the moment, so if you're a Killer it's good but if you're a Survivor than it might be bad for queue times.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Queue times aren't only dependent on how many people are playing, although that is important, but also which roles they're playing, and that's not really something that the devs can affect without forcing people into queues for different roles.

To answer your other question, the reason Fortnite has instant queues and DBD doesn't is, firstly, because Fortnite has millions more players online at any given time, and secondly, because Fortnite is a free-for-all and doesn't have roles it needs to fill with particular numbers of players in each game, so it can just place the first however many players it finds into a lobby without having to match them up with others from different queues (I am aware that Fortnite has rank-based matchmaking, but my point is that DBD has both rank-based and role-based matchmaking, which inevitably lengthens queue times because there are more conditions to be satisfied).

• Asegbloodtears
    Asegbloodtears Member Posts: 74
    Options

Theyt have been saying that for month, they really just don't care about it anymore, they let the game run, get out some content and skin to make moeny and just wait for the game to die and move on to soething else. Simple as that, they have to intention on fixing it

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

If they really wanted to run this game into the ground than they would've done a lot worse.

Give it time, change and fixes come with time. If people are impatient to said fixes than that's on them, but nothing gets done in a week...

• Asegbloodtears
    Options
  • FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

We can only view the situation from an outside perspective, we have no idea what's happening in BHVRs offices, so we don't know how long it could take or what the issues is that's halting the progress towards the fix.

Seriously, if they didn't care about this game than we'd 100% know, but they clearly do and they want to improve the longevity of the game like any sensible game company would. Give them some credit, they're trying and they do care.

• Asegbloodtears
    Options

Sorry, i am still new to the game and it is one of the slowess compagny i have seen to fix anything. I still "kind of " enjoying it with a friend that keep playing because i have thiings to grind but .... Killer is just unplayable right now and it is what i like the most so i am stuck with stupid survivor with no challenge becaues ... same issue with the killer makes the game easy for survivors. No real challenge.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

I understand how you feel, it's unfortunate that you can't play the side you want because of this issue. Just give it time, they're aware of the issue and they're looking into it now since it hasn't been this bad with queue times in awhile, I don't know if it's because of the Ruin change or what, but the queue times haven't been that good unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry about it though, give it time, i'm sure they're working on a fix to release as soon as they can.