Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Doctor feed back

Hello devs and people first off all i'd like to thank the devs so much for making the new doctor a BLAST to play i think you did very well ive had 4 games of absolute fun i think the static blast and shock therapy rework was very good the new queen addon is excellent ive used them atleast 2 out of the 4 games and i think its well done i have one thing to ask though does iron maiden still show auras for doctor because i havent manged to get it to pop i hear the screams but no aura at all is this a issue or something

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Iron maiden isn't supposed to show auras, only a scream and location notification I think.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited January 2020

Static Blast was a completely unnecessary and poor decision for this rework. All they needed to do was what they did to shock therapy, and that was to remove the need to change his stance between punishment and treatment. Static Blast is such a jokingly easy detection ability with a brief cooldown - and if that wasn't enough, it also inflicts madness.

And yes, I play both sides. Almost all of my Doctor matches have ended in 4ks or near slaughter of the survivors. It's way too easy. I would keep nearly everything the same but remove Static Blast.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

So just Doctor the way he is now without the Static Blast?

I personally think Doctor is very well balanced at the moment. I do make the argument that his cooldown after using shock therapy should be increased to 2 or 2.5 seconds, but that's it, and that's just my early opinion on him anyways.

His static blast allows him to actually apply a fair amount of map pressure without having mobility, simply because he can find survivors more easily. But I dont find that to make him op at all. I would heavily disagree with removing his static blast. His map pressure combined with his good chase potential is exactly what makes him actually viable in my opinion. But definitely not op. It's good to have more viable killers in this game.

The static blast also increasing survivors madness tier by 1 is also nothing too powerful in my opinion. The effects that are applied to survivors while in madness tier 2 are really not that strong or overwhelming in any way, and madness tier 3 is now also less of a threat because survivors can snap out of it more easily.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I like the way new doctor works.. I find myself trying to time his blasts and either be out of the radius or hide in a locker when it happens if I'm too close for comfort.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Yes, pretty good job Behaviour had done with Doc rework. Fun to play with and against.