Make Your Choice visual

Could you please add an animation or particle effect or something on a survivor with the Exposed effect from Make Your Choice so:
1. Killer knows who has it
2. Other (solo) survivors know who to protect
3. So it's easier to realize that you are exposed from that perk.

Numerous times I've gotten exposed and never noticed because I was to immersed in the action. Who has time to read texts or status popups when a killer getting close? :)

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@fuzzyhobo said:
    Could you please add an animation or particle effect or something on a survivor with the Exposed effect from Make Your Choice so:

Numerous times I've gotten exposed and never noticed because I was to immersed in the action. Who has time to read texts or status popups when a killer getting close? :)

i reads status updates easily and if other survivors see this they might body block you to take your item or so they dont die

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@fuzzyhobo said:

i reads status updates easily and if other survivors see this they might body block you to take your item or so they dont die

The point of myc is not to give you a free kill, you have to search for the person. A killer player saying this, oh, this person is exposed. So let me go after this person, the 60 seconds allows the person to hide and enough for the killer to find them. Some killers with greater movement can take better advantage of this perk. Your character screams in pain when myc activates, just be more vigiliant. Exposed gives the individual player the status, this works for any exposed effect. 
  • Slaymore
    Slaymore Member Posts: 499

@Dabrownman1812

That little indicator on the screen is easily and often missed until it's too late. At the very least a sound effect - similar to Shape's exposed status or something on the left side of the screen like when Devour Hope or NOED is triggered. A little indicator on the right is barely noticeable.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Slaymore said:
    @Dabrownman1812

That little indicator on the screen is easily and often missed until it's too late. At the very least a sound effect - similar to Shape's exposed status or something on the left side of the screen like when Devour Hope or NOED is triggered. A little indicator on the right is barely noticeable.

you do know they put the same thing they do for noed or devour hope right??????? for MYC they put the same exposed sign with a timer.

• Dabrownman1812

@Slaymore said:
    @Dabrownman1812

you do know they put the same thing they do for noed or devour hope right??????? for MYC they put the same exposed sign with a timer.

• Dabrownman1812

@Slaymore said:
    @Dabrownman1812

And your character yells in pain, thats a pretty good inclination of myc.
  • fuzzyhobo
    fuzzyhobo Member Posts: 48

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

I don't care if you can read the status effect.
    That's just an asinine argument

@Dabrownman1812 said:

The point of myc is not to give you a free kill, you have to search for the person.

Who said anything about that you wouldn't need to find this person?
    I'm just saying when you find the person you can more easily see that it is the person you were looking for.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

A killer player saying this, oh, this person is exposed. So let me go after this person, the 60 seconds allows the person to hide and enough for the killer to find them.

That's just not true.
    If you hide in the same spot it might be more likely you'd be found, but a skilled survivor would sneak far away.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Some killers with greater movement can take better advantage of this perk.

So what? That's just part of the game to make builds that work for you.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Your character screams in pain when myc activates, just be more vigiliant.

Never noticed that, will look for it in the future, though the killer won't ever see that.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Exposed gives the individual player the status, this works for any exposed effect.

Uh-huh, but not for the other players in the game.

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48
    So this doesnt make sense this post. You get a sound queue everyone can hear. You get a notification you are exposed and your hands are dripping blood... how much more do you need? Also the other suvivors dont need to know your exposed  a good player will know why your going down in one hit or hear the sound queue. Again myc has so many notifications right now for suvivors and none for killer
  • Dabrownman1812
    So this doesnt make sense this post. You get a sound queue everyone can hear. You get a notification you are exposed and your hands are dripping blood... how much more do you need? Also the other suvivors dont need to know your exposed  a good player will know why your going down in one hit or hear the sound queue. Again myc has so many notifications right now for suvivors and none for killer
    None for killer so they dont get a free down. No exposed effect reveals survivors. That's how it works unless you run pinky finger with tattoo fingle but thats not the status effect revealing again. You know how that perk would be if killers could see who it was? It's probably to prevent abuse and knowing where people are. I'm down with a perk to see the aura of the rescuer for 5 seconds, that would combo nicely.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Nah, it would make getting one-shots too easy. Currently the best defense against MYC is to have more than one survivor go for the save, so the killer won't know who is exposed and who's not, and works even in the killer's favour since you have less people working on gens.

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    Yes please. The visual could be as simple as Freddy's visual of sleeping survivors. Except of course exclude his aura tracking visual.. :)
  • fuzzyhobo
    fuzzyhobo Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2018

@White_Owl said:
    Nah, it would make getting one-shots too easy.

Not really, they still need to find the person.

@White_Owl said:
    Currently the best defense against MYC is to have more than one survivor go for the save

Hiding is usually the best defense against MYC, but depends on how tunnel visioned the killer is to find him.
    Still there is a lot of plays that can be played to counter this but most which only SWF can do because there is no information for Solo queuers to make use of.

@White_Owl said:
    so the killer won't know who is exposed and who's not

Not true, usually VERY obvious who the SWF group is trying to protect.

@White_Owl said:
    and works even in the killer's favour since you have less people working on gens.

Depends on the play from the survivors, but why is that a bad thing?
    Gens are done too fast now anyway

• Slaymore
    Slaymore Member Posts: 499

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Slaymore said:
    @Dabrownman1812

No, it's not the same. On those the notification is on the left. With this there is only the icon on the right. If you would actually read what we've been saying you might have picked on that. Left notifications are much more noticeable.

• Dabrownman1812
    Slaymore said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Slaymore said:
    @Dabrownman1812

No, it's not the same. On those the notification is on the left. With this there is only the icon on the right. If you would actually read what we've been saying you might have picked on that. Left notifications are much more noticeable.

Few survivors of medium to high skill are bothered since they look at the whole screen and your character once again yells for "no reason". So plenty of signs. Different but that nice loud scream you should hear. You get audio and visual.