Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Tips for Adept Oni?

Options
Hydrant
Hydrant Member Posts: 36

Question is in the topic. I am on rank 8 right now, and so far I had only three 4ks through out all of my matches. Two of them took place before Gatekeeper change, and in those matches I would got adept if it was live then. The last one I used an Ivory Mori, which of course might lower my chances of getting adept. Results these match were: Iri Gatekeeper, Gold Devout, Gold [whatever the third one was], Gold Chaser. One gen left, almost completed.

I plan on deranking myself by picking Wraith and standing in the corner of the map while eating kebab. So far that's the only option I see as I get any chance only if I avoid toolboxes and keys, and get at least two baby survs.

Adept Oni is my 4th missing adept, with Shape, Wraith and Clown, so tips for them might be welcome as well. I think that makes me safe to say that Oni's perks don't help him that much. Myers has Dying Light to carry me and Clown has Popgoes, I will be okay with Wraith as I enjoy playing stealthy killers. But Oni... eh. (That made me also think that Thrilling Thremours might be better then Barbeque in the current meta)

Best Answer

Answers

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

All Adept Killer achievements rely on luck. You need to get four potato survivors to unlock it, because this achievement demands from you not killing survivors, but making the game last as long as possible so you can farm enough points for every emblem.

• Pumpkin_King
    Pumpkin_King Member Posts: 22
    Options

Wait for rank reset.

And get better with Oni. Maybe use Renjiro's Bloody Glove

and some perks that help you disrupt generator progress. You want to get in position where you could win , at best in the beginning of the game which shouldn't be too hard since you can slug with Oni and then disrupt their efforts of trying to build them back up. You need to be better than them though. If you only nearly win games you probably won't get a Merciless Victory, you need to nearly destroy them and then play with your food. It must be clear that you could end the game without problems at every time, if the survivors have the control you probably won't get a Merciless Victory.

• Hydrant
    edited January 2020
    Options

I used up all of my Bloody Gloves. And rank reset is going to take place on my holidays so I will have some advantage, I will try go get down to rank 9 at least so when it occurs I am gonna land on yellow ranks. I think I will also try to find more of these Gloves and Shrines of Seperarion after I will level up Myers. They work pretty well for me in the early game.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

It's Adept Oni achievement, they can not use other perks than Oni's.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Right, @Pumpkin_King you can only use his teachable perks when going for Adept Oni, if you meant as a means for practice than I suppose that could help him practice more with The Oni.

But he'd still have to use the teachable perks when the time comes, so he'll have to also get used to that as well.

• Hydrant
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thanks for tips, I don't tend to struggle with adepts, only ones which did gave me trouble was Adept Plague for obvious reasons, but Otz's video helped me, and then the Oni, I managed to do Adept Hillbilly on frickin' Lery's.

Also I started to manage the flick yesterday, so yeah, that will help.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Glad to hear you're doing alright now for the most part!