Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Auric Cell Items and The Cosmetic Grind

I'm not to happy about the store setup in general. Think it needs alot of work with not making the cells so close to actual price margin. We all know about paying for cosmetics to fund games but those are ussually packs that cost 3$. To me this 10$ outfits is only selfish move seen from dbd. Saddens my heart cause they seemed like very giving company. I am not happy with store and want to share some numbers to those thinking on buying a cell pack. Also will share some numbers for those hoping to earn shard cosmetics.

KILLER SIDE

Want to own all the cool auric cell only survivor cosmetics. Well please buy two of the largest auric cell packs and one of smallest packs. It will cost...
105$ for 12,500 Auric Cells
But you will be left to splurge with..
170 Auric Cells because all killer cosmetics costed 12,330 Auric Cells only

SURVIVOR SIDE

Want to own all the cool auric cell only killer cosmetics. Well please buy three of the largest auric cell packs. It will cost...
150$ for 18,000 Auric Cells
720 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 17,280 Auric Cells only

SHARD GRIND

Want to grind for some cosmetics. Well you only have too....
Play 579 Games
That is 5-15 Minutes a game
Play 2 days(48H15M) if your average game lasts 5 minutes
Play 4 days(96H30M) if your average game lasts 10 minutes
Play 6 days(144H45M) if your average game lasts 15 minutes
This will take you to loyalty LEVEL 100
Total Iredescent Shards earned is 25,220
You can buy now a purple outfit and green outfit after that grind. Actually not to bad of grind specially if not casual player.

Want to know info on player level can find it here
(I used a caculator for the rest of the numbers)

Comments

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2018
    Twix said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Ohhh noooo! The developers made content you have to grind or pay for.
    It's almost like they're trying to encourage you to purchase it.
    What a scam!

You don't need the clothing, therefore you can grind it out or pay up. They need to make money, it's how businesses exist.

I don’t mind the grind, but the prices are absurd.
    The grind is so amazing and kinda look forward to what comes after level 100 loyalty. Seems once hit level 50 can start getting serious iredescent shards.
  • FayeZahara
    Peanits said:
    Real talk, those shard prices ain't that bad. I thought it would have taken much longer. It's really not that bad when you consider people already put thousands of hours into the game, so that's a very real option. Free stuff just for being cool and playing.
    Yes this Auric Only Option shouldn't exsist cause there would be already incentive to buy auric cells. If one was to unlock everything from survivors side through shards alone it might just take 90 days straight at max. To me thats enough incentive to buy packs so can get your favorite cosmetics while grind rest.
  • Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71

Personally, I refuse to buy Auric Cells in their current state. The pricing is ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are just cosmetics... If they jack the prices up this high its probably less financially beneficial than if they resided with a lower price tag anyway. If cells go on sale, and it better be a pretty huge discount, I will likely splurge then and get the cosmetics I want.

• FayeZahara
    Canextro said:

Personally, I refuse to buy Auric Cells in their current state. The pricing is ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are just cosmetics... If they jack the prices up this high its probably less financially beneficial than if they resided with a lower price tag anyway. If cells go on sale, and it better be a pretty huge discount, I will likely splurge then and get the cosmetics I want.

I kinda not a fan of them acting like there already on discount. Like the little nub that the 10$ only outfit is -10% off original price. The store just came out and acting like already generous. Plus that just means there intial price was just 11$.
  • FayeZahara
    AshleyWB said:
    I do agree that the cost of auric cells is pretty steep. You should get more of them or everything should be a little cheaper.
    Idk why in my own thread my stuff need approval now. O.o Sorry to quote you but this is only way i could deliver this post.

SURVIVOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT

170$ for 20,250 Auric Cells
    756 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 19,494 Auric Cells only

• FayeZahara

170$ for 20,250 Auric Cells
    756 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 19,494 Auric Cells only

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Peanits said:
    Real talk, those shard prices ain't that bad. I thought it would have taken much longer. It's really not that bad when you consider people already put thousands of hours into the game, so that's a very real option. Free stuff just for being cool and playing.
    I spent $35 on 4 outfits...... I feel so cheated out my money tbh.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I mean. Claudette now has a black jacket.

Black clothing is OP. So I'll buy those outfits. I actually like the customisation and how it can affect how you play the game... In any other game I'd wear dark clothes and be stealthy.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Jesya said:

Auric cell option SHOULD exist for exclusive clothing. DBD is a business afterall and their goal is to earn money. Be happy it isn't a pay to win type of situation where auric cell only OP perks are available.
    It's just cosmetics

Girl. Any fashionista will tell you how the right outfit can help you out seriously. Like, how many complaints were there for the black L4D t-shirt on Claudette? The right look can hide you really well.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited August 2018
    BHVR needs to make money somehow, don't you love the new content they are adding? That's because there is people like me who will support this game, overpriced or not! Would you rather have a game that never gets DLC and never gets balanced? (Even tho some of the balancing they did is questionable, regardless they are showing that they care about their game by just trying!)
  • vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

I've probably said this before but I'll say this again. The prices are fine, if anything I'd be more for the idea of weekly deals for cosmetic sets similar to how the shrine of secrets work (probably only for cosmetics you can get with shards). Otherwise the cost is fine because odds are you aren't going to play absolutely every survivor and most likely not every killer so there's really no need to purchase all of the cosmetics you want in cash as the vast majority of them can be unlocked with shards while what I'll call 'exclusive skins' or special cases are auric cells only as they're the must haves of a character if you main them. The game itself is a one time purchase ontop of DLC's which are also one time purchases per account (which I must point out, all original DLC characters can be unlocked with shards). BHVR has been generous with us and already does a lot for us ingame by giving us licensed killers, producing new content every 6 weeks as part of their development schedule which includes new killers, survivors, maps and then also new skin weekly, all of which takes time and creativity to plan and money to create. It's absolutely fair in my opinion that the skins are more expensive as skins open a fair and honest way to create money off the game as much as possible to keep new content flowing while keeping the devs paid and the game maintained. If there is anything I'd rather see done with the auric cells I'd rather just see the price adjusted for characters to match the cost of a DLC (meaning buying characters with auric cells as currently it's a waste of money to do that rather than directly buy it) and potentially weekly deals.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

I've probably said this before but I'll say this again. The prices are fine, if anything I'd be more for the idea of weekly deals for cosmetic sets similar to how the shrine of secrets work (probably only for cosmetics you can get with shards). Otherwise the cost is fine because odds are you aren't going to play absolutely every survivor and most likely not every killer so there's really no need to purchase all of the cosmetics you want in cash as the vast majority of them can be unlocked with shards while what I'll call 'exclusive skins' or special cases are auric cells only as they're the must haves of a character if you main them. The game itself is a one time purchase ontop of DLC's which are also one time purchases per account (which I must point out, all original DLC characters can be unlocked with shards). BHVR has been generous with us and already does a lot for us ingame by giving us licensed killers, producing new content every 6 weeks as part of their development schedule which includes new killers, survivors, maps and then also new skin weekly, all of which takes time and creativity to plan and money to create. It's absolutely fair in my opinion that the skins are more expensive as skins open a fair and honest way to create money off the game as much as possible to keep new content flowing while keeping the devs paid and the game maintained. If there is anything I'd rather see done with the auric cells I'd rather just see the price adjusted for characters to match the cost of a DLC (meaning buying characters with auric cells as currently it's a waste of money to do that rather than directly buy it) and potentially weekly deals.

• FayeZahara
    Nickenzie said:
    BHVR needs to make money somehow, don't you love the new content they are adding? That's because there is people like me who will support this game, overpriced or not! Would you rather have a game that never gets DLC and never gets balanced? (Even tho some of the balancing they did is questionable, regardless they are showing that they care about their game by just trying!)
    We should celebrate the good they do for us but we should also be critical about things don't like. That way they can know when not enjoying something implimented. There an actual company that actual cares to talk to us. They don't treat as just background noise and have asked for positive and negative comments.
    I don't think its unreasonable to want to support this game at reasonable prices.
  • FayeZahara

I play all killers and would like them to have variety. Plus im a collector in games when you put stuff behind a console worth paywall while rest can earn. I don't think its uncommon for people who love a game want to earn 100%.
    I will say this again think it ridiculous to hold anything behind a console price pay wall. Could of given me reasonable priced supporter packs.
  • Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486
    edited August 2018

You know why the Hag, Doctor, Clown, Ace, Feng and Kate are available for free via Iridescent Shards?

Because the Cosmetic Store now exists.

You know why the devs have promised that every single new un-licensed character can be purchased for free via Irdiescent Shards?

They are a company. They have to make money somehow. It's either pricey cosmetics and free content, or pricey content and free cosmetics.

Your pick.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

You know why the Hag, Doctor, Clown, Ace, Feng and Kate are available for free via Iridescent Shards?

You know why the devs have promised that every single new un-licensed character can be purchased for free via Irdiescent Shards?

They are a company. They have to make money somehow. It's either pricey cosmetics and free content, or pricey content and free cosmetics.

Your pick.

Actually, The Flesh & Mud and Sparks of Madness DLC were free before the cosmetic store was in the process of being made, at least it was for console.

I understand they have to make money somehow but cosmetics that can only be bought with auric cells are a little too pricey....

Some long time committed DBD players don’t mind buying the cosmetics no matter how expensive they are because they’ve been waiting for this for a really long time and have grown tired of wearing the same P3 clothing...

However, it might turn away new people from buying it because they’re too expensive and there’s been a LOT of new people ever since this game became free.

I think they should lower the prices a bit and a lot more people will buy it or make the cosmetics into bundles like they did with the headcase.

Sorry if I’m talking out of my ass, I’m a PS4 player and I’m aware that it’s different platform wise...
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I´m still waiting for an actual Ninja Suit.
    But it´ll probably be part of the next chapter.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Tsulan said:

And of course it'll go to Claudette.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Tsulan said:

And of course it'll go to Claudette.

Maybe it´s for the new survivor.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

@PinkEricka said:
    Actually, The Flesh & Mud and Sparks of Madness DLC were free before the cosmetic store was in the process of being made, at least it was for console.

I understand they have to make money somehow but cosmetics that can only be bought with auric cells are a little too pricey....

Some long time committed DBD players don’t mind buying the cosmetics no matter how expensive they are because they’ve been waiting for this for a really long time and have grown tired of wearing the same P3 clothing...

However, it might turn away new people from buying it because they’re too expensive and there’s been a LOT of new people ever since this game became free.

I think they should lower the prices a bit and a lot more people will buy it or make the cosmetics into bundles like they did with the headcase.

Sorry if I’m talking out of my ass, I’m a PS4 player and I’m aware that it’s different platform wise...

Of Flesh and Mud, and Spark of Madness are indeed paid DLC on PC. I believe they are free on consoles because the game by default costs more than it does on PC.

Only a small portion of the cosmetics are Auric Cells only, and most of them already have one or two other variants that can be bought with Iridescent Shards.

I don't mind paying the occasional $10 for great cosmetics if it allows BHVR to keep churning out new characters which are available for free.

• ShowMeUrBirb
    ShowMeUrBirb Member Posts: 63

$10 for a full purple skin is fine price for me. Same with shards price - playing for 2-3 hrs daily i managed to unlock full purple skin a week ago, so 2-3 months per BEST rarity of skins is not bad.
    For example LoL charges from $5 to $25 per skin. So DBD prices are totally fair to my mind.

• Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

@FayeZahara said:
    I'm not to happy about the store setup in general. Think it needs alot of work with not making the cells so close to actual price margin. We all know about paying for cosmetics to fund games but those are ussually packs that cost 3$. To me this 10$ outfits is only selfish move seen from dbd. Saddens my heart cause they seemed like very giving company. I am not happy with store and want to share some numbers to those thinking on buying a cell pack. Also will share some numbers for those hoping to earn shard cosmetics. KILLER SIDE

Want to own all the cool auric cell only survivor cosmetics. Well please buy two of the largest auric cell packs and one of smallest packs. It will cost...

SURVIVOR SIDE

Want to own all the cool auric cell only killer cosmetics. Well please buy three of the largest auric cell packs. It will cost...
    720 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 17,280 Auric Cells only SHARD GRIND

Play 579 Games

You can buy now a purple outfit and green outfit after that grind. Actually not to bad of grind specially if not casual player.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Player_Level

Maybe you shouldn't be such a greedy ######### then lol, I main 1 killer and play on average 4 killers regularly and Feng Min.

Curious if you commented on any other game Like League (nope you can't buy skins you want for play time in that) lets use Overwatch then, that's seems better, wait no it's random too.... I'll find something. OW actually does do it for dbl rolls and playtime award gold, but BHVR is not Blizzard.

I don't know why you want all the cosmetics, and as for playing for stuff in shops, you can buy 2 full outfits for 100+ hrs I don't think that's that bad. I assume as they add new stuff a bit down the line, the older stuff may get reduced, personally I'm happy if I get decent Hag/Trapper stuff and Feng gear.

If you don't have money to throw into a game, most of us can understand that, but getting pissy over the prices isn't the correct way to go about it, I paid £7 for the new Hag cosmetic, they more than likely spent 5+ days creating and implementing it into the system, assuming 1k of the 20k people buy it, that's £7k for all the stuff, may seem alot to us, but not that much to a company.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I just started playing a few weeks ago It is a grind. Even to level up and i"m glad that bloodpoints can't be purchased. You can't expect everything for free. Some people have been playing this game for years already so yes they will have better items. They already give us some dlc's for "free" which you can unlock by playing the game with shards so as the perks in the shrine if you don't want to level up a character to lvl 30/35/40. Cosmetic doesn't affect your performance in game. It's up to you if you want to spend money on it or not to look cool.

• FayeZahara
    edited August 2018
    Autoliny said:

@FayeZahara said:
    I'm not to happy about the store setup in general. Think it needs alot of work with not making the cells so close to actual price margin. We all know about paying for cosmetics to fund games but those are ussually packs that cost 3$. To me this 10$ outfits is only selfish move seen from dbd. Saddens my heart cause they seemed like very giving company. I am not happy with store and want to share some numbers to those thinking on buying a cell pack. Also will share some numbers for those hoping to earn shard cosmetics. KILLER SIDE

SURVIVOR SIDE

720 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 17,280 Auric Cells only SHARD GRIND

Play 579 Games

Maybe you shouldn't be such a greedy ######### then lol, I main 1 killer and play on average 4 killers regularly and Feng Min.

Curious if you commented on any other game Like League (nope you can't buy skins you want for play time in that) lets use Overwatch then, that's seems better, wait no it's random too.... I'll find something. OW actually does do it for dbl rolls and playtime award gold, but BHVR is not Blizzard.

I don't know why you want all the cosmetics, and as for playing for stuff in shops, you can buy 2 full outfits for 100+ hrs I don't think that's that bad. I assume as they add new stuff a bit down the line, the older stuff may get reduced, personally I'm happy if I get decent Hag/Trapper stuff and Feng gear.

If you don't have money to throw into a game, most of us can understand that, but getting pissy over the prices isn't the correct way to go about it, I paid £7 for the new Hag cosmetic, they more than likely spent 5+ days creating and implementing it into the system, assuming 1k of the 20k people buy it, that's £7k for all the stuff, may seem alot to us, but not that much to a company.

Your presenting me as a greedy ######### cause i want to support the game fairly. Also you don't understand what is ideal in 100% completing favourite game. Also don't know the joy of owning the cool cosmetics that are not hidden behind console price paywall. If in general don't understand feeling don't need to comment on it.I don't play those games but i understand bhvr isn't big company but there a proud generous community to fans.
    The grind is not to bad but in general after get those outfits the rest is auric cell only.
    Please don't be a blind fanboy and know there can be bad with good.
    I can support the dbd burger joint for 3$ each for there killer burgers.(cosmetics) But i can also complain that i don't want to pay 10$ for the burger. Doesn't make me greedy for not supporting the burger joint. Specially since the burger joint will have way more customers due to fair pricing standards. Dbd may be a mom and pop shop in size but it follows the same code of being fair. I know this company to go above and beyond with being a good gaming company.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

They have to fund the game, but they can get really expensive new game or some new outfits? Oh look Spiderman, RE2 remake, The last of us 2 are coming out.

• Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

@FayeZahara said:
    Autoliny said:

@FayeZahara said:

SURVIVOR SIDE

Play 579 Games

Your presenting me as a greedy ######### cause i want to support the game fairly. Also you don't understand what is ideal in 100% completing favourite game. Also don't know the joy of owning the cool cosmetics that are not hidden behind console price paywall. If in general don't understand feeling don't need to comment on it.I don't play those games but i understand bhvr isn't big company but there a proud generous community to fans.

The grind is not to bad but in general after get those outfits the rest is auric cell only.

Please don't be a blind fanboy and know there can be bad with good.

I can support the dbd burger joint for 3$ each for there killer burgers.(cosmetics) But i can also complain that i don't want to pay 10$ for the burger. Doesn't make me greedy for not supporting the burger joint. Specially since the burger joint will have way more customers due to fair pricing standards. Dbd may be a mom and pop shop in size but it follows the same code of being fair. I know this company to go above and beyond with being a good gaming company.

Well I can't comment on fairness of console shops, I assume they follow the same cash shop prices 6k Aulric for £37 which is $50. I'm curious why you'd talk about completion on a game that has cash cosmetics, since you said you don't know the games I mentioned I find it hard to draw you a comparison.

Let me put it this way, you're supporting the game with your daily grind and keeping the number up in the statistic of online games, this is great, like a lurker in twitch channels, this view counts and they're very happy to have you there. Another person on this same chat can do what you can do, but also afford to give out many gifts as subscriptions, both of you are helping this channel, yet they're spending money to support them more.
    Twitch awards these people with badges in the chat, assuming there was no difference from the person gifting and the person being gifted, there would be nothing to make him stand out, therefor no reason for him to do such a thing to help the person other than kindness of his/her heart.

Back to DBD they have created lots of cheap and different colourings of the base gear and some pricer completely new outfits, should the person not wanting to to pay out money to support the game have access to everything that a person that is more than willing to pay the money get? ofcourse not, in terms of cosmetics, in terms of content then yes 100%

Again games with cash shops shouldn't have 100% completion goals, nothing wrong with it, I love the game, but I play Feng only, so I will not be buying Meg or Claudette stuff. And for the burger analogy, in the UK every place has your cheap meals and your expensive meals, McD's has the £1 burgers or the £7-9 meal (burger cost around £4-5)

• FayeZahara
    185$ for 22,025 Auric Cells
    1586 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 20,439 Auric Cells only.

Not to happy about the limited time iridescent shard grind. Cause you litterally play those days straight it only gives you 122 hours of gametime. No amount of time amounts to cosmetic even if waste life can't get those decent outfits. They are making sure there unobtainable. I see 500 auric cell is 4th most popular item in ps4 store... so anyone calling them small company. There making boatloads already off it so why is wrong for me to ask for ethical market prices. This greed that never seen coming from them is really turning me off the game. I know its cosmetic only but they always been ahead of game companies when being nice to consumer.
    Also those who call me to selfish to support them. I am a poor girl and i have bought a ps4 copy of dbd. I bought dbd on pc when it came out. Over the months i spent 134$ canadian on two auric cell packs from a canadian company dbd. So i fully support it but i dont support the fact i spent that much and still doesn't amount to all auric cell only items on killers side.

Yes if i don't like it then don't support it. But i have a horror addiction and love horror. So when wave a new way to be scary it is very enticing. Whales who spend a big amount are the problem why things don't change. So im sorry to anyone annoyed by cell prices. But developers should feel shame in rubbing a unfair priced expensive lobster in cosumers faces.
    Also because others don't want to spend 10$ on expensive outfit have players constantly messaging me. They constantly shame those who wear cosmetics cause they know it was a buy only option. By making things unaccessable to average cosumer you seperate people. They often remind me how much im dumb for wasting money. Theres not much arguing with them cause there right. I wasted the cash when i could of saved it away for something useful.
    Im kinda hurt my favourite game can make me feel like an idiot.

What hurts is that fanboys will argue the reason so dlc can be free and earned. But supporters packs can do that also. Have seen games thrive off those packs and do quite well. Plus it also doesn't ripoff the consumer. So stop thinking woah i got to defend this action of dbd. If you can look outside ones own game can see more ethical options. Stop blinding defending 10$ cosmetics when a pack of 3+ outfits on most every game out there costs 3$.

When you let unethical practices develope without voicing concern. You just lead the way for dbd to be okay with another practice you don't like. Has noone learned this from ea that if you give them leeway. There gonna think its fine to add something else dont like in product. I may of messed up giving them cash and saying what there doing is okay. But those who defend these actions, whatever comes next that you don't like. It is your fault it was implemented cause showed it was okay to do.
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Well if you're fine with the grind to unlock stuff or cosmetics in this game then you should be fine with every f2p game that's been made. If it actually took 25 to 30 hours (like they claim) to build up 9k shards I wouldn't complain. I feel like the auric/shards prices are based off this false statement.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@Twix said:
    SenzuDuck said:

What a scam!

You don't need the clothing, therefore you can grind it out or pay up. They need to make money, it's how businesses exist.

Exactly. It's not about the grind it's about the ridiculous pricing for sub-par outfits.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@FayeZahara said:
    Twix said:

SenzuDuck said:

What a scam!

The grind is so amazing and kinda look forward to what comes after level 100 loyalty. Seems once hit level 50 can start getting serious iredescent shards.

(if you dont want to know what happens at deovtion dont read m8)
    I dont mean to ######### on your parade but absolutely nothing happens at devotion. You just go back to level 1 and gain a devotion

• FayeZahara
    Global said:

@FayeZahara said:
    Twix said:

SenzuDuck said:

What a scam!

I dont mean to ######### on your parade but absolutely nothing happens at devotion. You just go back to level 1 and gain a devotion

So it resets and have to get that 200 hours again.. damn i thought being level 100 it be all uphill iridescent shard gains. Thats a parade shitter indeed. I don't even look forward to it.
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@FayeZahara said:
    Global said:

@FayeZahara said:

Twix said:

SenzuDuck said:

What a scam!

So it resets and have to get that 200 hours again.. damn i thought being level 100 it be all uphill iridescent shard gains. Thats a parade shitter indeed. I don't even look forward to it.

yea im just hoping that maybe in the future theyll give people who have devotion some cool things but till then i shall find solice in my 1 deovtion.....

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

In general when it comes to purchasable cosmetics in games, they're usually way too expensive considering they're digital, and the company have no extra costs directly associated with that partically item, once it has been paid for, produced and set up in the digital shop - they will never need a large warehouse to store those digital items in, and they can litterally keep producing it without having to do a thing once it's all set up in their digital store, due to digital automation. So to be fair, digital cosmetics are way too expensive in most games - when you can spend way more on the cosmetics than you can on the game and it's expansions, then something isn't right.

I will say this though, it's always a good thing to have the option to be able to pay for it with real currency as opposed to virtual currency that you've worked to optain, like through grinding - and vice versa.

If prices were lower, I'm sure more would buy, it would just mean more sales volume as opposed less sales volume but with the same amount of profit, with the former more people would be happier and would have more fun.

And with regards to the incentitive to get auric cells - with the auric cells only cosmetics, shouldn't really be necessary because at level 100 you would've gained 25,220 Shards, which will be gone rather quick if used on cosmetics, and as far as I know, you won't be gaining more shards afterwards. Plus also this assuming the player doesn't use shards on the Shrine of Secrets either.

• FayeZahara

@Incarnate said:
    In general when it comes to purchasable cosmetics in games, they're usually way too expensive considering they're digital, and the company have no extra costs directly associated with that partically item, once it has been paid for, produced and set up in the digital shop - they will never need a large warehouse to store those digital items in, and they can litterally keep producing it without having to do a thing once it's all set up in their digital store, due to digital automation. So to be fair, digital cosmetics are way too expensive in most games - when you can spend way more on the cosmetics than you can on the game and it's expansions, then something isn't right.

I will say this though, it's always a good thing to have the option to be able to pay for it with real currency as opposed to virtual currency that you've worked to optain, like through grinding - and vice versa.

If prices were lower, I'm sure more would buy, it would just mean more sales volume as opposed less sales volume but with the same amount of profit, with the former more people would be happier and would have more fun.

And with regards to the incentitive to get auric cells - with the auric cells only cosmetics, shouldn't really be necessary because at level 100 you would've gained 25,220 Shards, which will be gone rather quick if used on cosmetics, and as far as I know, you won't be gaining more shards afterwards. Plus also this assuming the player doesn't use shards on the Shrine of Secrets either.

I look at the ps4 store and also got to realize there not doing as bad as fanboys think they are. What are the most popular purchases. 1. Fortnite V-Buck 2. Fifa 19 Card Pack 3. GTA V 4. Dead by Daylight 500 Auric Cell Pack. Keep in mind its canadian ps4 store and canadian company. But i don't see them doing bad money wise. They beat god of war on launch day in japan cause people wanted dbd more. Im sure theses auric cell packs are selling like hot cakes. Like you said its digital easy to make. They also would make even more if they didn't overcharge. These practices are anti consumer and only rely on the one dumb purchase model. Not the model i bought something at a fair value. 3$ for 3+ Outfits is standard in marketplace. I would be fine if they made each big outfit 3$. Given it is still unfairly priced in that aspect too. I think i would be okay with 3$ auric cell only outfits. And give 5$ to licensed killer outfits. Though still should be a 3 outfit set in both cases. I would gladly pay for that. Cause i rather feel ripped of by 3 times its value rather then 6 times its value.
    People say its to make content free to earn. Thats not a new practice and best companies do that with supporter packs. Glad there is people like you who don't got to find reasons to glorify every action they do.

• FayeZahara

I want to leave on this note 1 million pennies is worth more then 1 thousand dollars.
    If you truly love dbd and want to see success in it. You would want it to have more money by appealing to consumers so that everyone is buying packs from them.

• FayeZahara
    edited September 2018
    Really glad that mod tag isn't making my own posts need to be preapproved. Glad i got in contact with a moderator and they fixed that wierd forum bug. Good to know speech won't be filtered on a personal basis.♡
  • FayeZahara

For Honor

200$+ unlock all cosmetics
    2000hrs+ unlock all cosmetics
    All grindable cosmetics.
    Held by fans to be fair to the market.
    (Fixed by fans outrage)

Dead By Daylight

300$+ unlock all auric cell only cosmetics
    2000hrs+ unlock all grindable purple cosmetics
    Some grindable and some purchasable only.
    Held by fans to not complain about it cause get grindable dlc.
    (Fangirls outwiegh the outrage)

Something about this picture looks wrong hmmmmm maybe i need to buy for honor. They know how to treat a lady right.
  • borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124
    It’s the fault of the people who bought them right away. Since they paid the stupid high prices already, lowering them would result in a lot of people wanting compensation for spending extra when it should’ve been less, which would result in loads of free auric cells being given away. It sucks I know, I want to buy 2 outfits and would be willing to pay for them but for some reason they refuse to fix the prices on PlayStation, (playstation prices are 40% higher in the Canadian store than Xbox) so I’m not really willing to pay a premium on a already overpriced premium outfit🤷🏽‍♂️Like I said, it sucks but it’s just a game so idrc, I won’t fund it till they fix it 
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@borna_lk said:
    It’s the fault of the people who bought them right away. Since they paid the stupid high prices already, lowering them would result in a lot of people wanting compensation for spending extra when it should’ve been less, which would result in loads of free auric cells being given away. It sucks I know, I want to buy 2 outfits and would be willing to pay for them but for some reason they refuse to fix the prices on PlayStation, (playstation prices are 40% higher in the Canadian store than Xbox) so I’m not really willing to pay a premium on a already overpriced premium outfit🤷🏽‍♂️Like I said, it sucks but it’s just a game so idrc, I won’t fund it till they fix it 

Why the hell do you necro a 5 month old thread...

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124

@borna_lk said:

Why the hell do you necro a 5 month old thread...

Why the hell do you reply with a illogical comment......
  • FayeZahara
    borna_lk said:
    Thanks for your comment on a dead thread. Its always good to add two cents in there, so its much appreciative. Some care about pricing standards while some think fairly priced and very generous. Some ignore cause if its not funded then it will go away. Wish everyone could not fund it but looking at top 5 ps4 purchases during a sale that promoted them. Learned there 500 auric cell was under gta V as 5th and even if still not there from october its still probally in top 10. Sadly with that many people don't think it needs to stop until the game is done with.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Cosmetic Grinding is fine, Shard prices are a bit high but hey it's a free currency you earn.
    The Real Currency prices however are insanely high for what you get in my opinion.
    Thankfully I play Killer so the only cosmetics I actually see is the weapon so I've never even considered buying cosmetics.