Another Ten Ranks

With the recent change to how ranking works - in that it's now impossible to depip below Rank 15 - some problems have come to mind.
Specifically regarding free weekends, the game being on sale, and the game being free to own with subscriptions - such as for the month of August for PlayStation Plus members.

You can rank up way too fast in this game if you have a slight bit more affinity with the way the game works, for example having played on PC awhile and gone to PS4 in wake of this month's free games, a player may end up stomping noobs and then getting themselves stomped as a Killer by the big boys over in the Rank 15+ regions.

This change will also significantly downplay and impact the significance of Ranked play, especially when it comes to Rank 1. Newer players are beginning to bleed into the purple ranks recently, and sooner or later they're going to overwhelm Rank 1 as Killers and Survivors alike who should be in the lower ranks are going to swarm the greens, purples, and reds.

So how about another ten ranks, and we make it a little bit different;
Ranks range from 1 to 30.
Every five ranks makes you unable to depip to the lower Range Of Five. For example, if I hit Rank 25 I can no longer depip below Rank 25 back to Rank 26-30.
Matchmaking is similar to current but not exact - rather than being matched with players within 5 ranks of yourself, a player should only be matched with players within the Range Of Five. Rank 26-30, Rank 21-25, Rank 16-20, Rank 11-15, Rank 6-10, and Rank 1-5.
Survive With Friends matchmaking will be changed - matchmaking searches for a session within the Range Of Five of the lowest (highest?) ranked player. For example, a Rank 2 cannot be matched into Rank 26-30 if a majority of his group is in that level. Rather, all of these players will be matched into the Rank 1-5 Range Of Five instead. This will prevent redder ranks from carrying new players toward red ranks or being able to use their group to bully new killers within Rank 26-30.

I was going to suggest something to do with playtime but I think that would overcomplicate things.

Thoughts and Suggestions?

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Bumping with regards to my newest post, in case the link doesn't work properly.