Pleeeeease buff Leatherface

So I have mad a few discussions calling for LF buffs but now i'm gonna resort to straight up begging.

Please, please, please buff LF, he is such a poorly designed killer with the clunkyness of his ability to his add-ons. I know people will probably say to play Billy but I love Leatherface in the movies and I want him to be awesome in this game.

I know that Freddy and Wraith are top priority right now and that is fine because they need it, all I am asking is that after that, LF becomes priority because he NEEDS it badly.

Comments

• Facefullofleather
    Facefullofleather Member Posts: 17
    Even if they just re worked his add-ons it would be a welcome change. The chili ones aren't very helpful and beast marks is hard to use now that tinkerer can't counter the longer charge time. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I agree. He needs some buffs and his own add-ons. Maybe something that allows for different playstyles.
    Like add-ons to:

• chase faster
    • charge faster
    • reduce terror radius
  • Facefullofleather
    Facefullofleather Member Posts: 17
    Or maybe the next killer is going to be Leatherface AGAIN so he's in there twice for no reason! 
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Is Leatherface super easy for good survivors to kite or am I still needing practice? When I play him against good survivors, I just feel like a fat guy chasing a carrot on a stick.

• Tsulan
    iceman2kx said:

Is Leatherface super easy for good survivors to kite or am I still needing practice? When I play him against good survivors, I just feel like a fat guy chasing a carrot on a stick.

Yes, good survivors have no problem with him.

feffrey said:
    The only buff he deserves is to be removed from the game
    Only bad survivors fear him.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Not quite sure what could be done to buff him, but I agree.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Fengminni said:
    Neither leatherface nor freddy need any buffing both are pretty op if played by a skilled killer. There are even videos out there that prove that you can get easily 3-4ks with both of them without perks against Rank 1 survivors. Faced so many killers that wrecked the booty of survivors with both. The only killer that needs some buffing is Wraith.
    What skill is required to play Leatherface and Freddy?

Lol Yeah leather face is God tier face camping if you mean that skill.

I think he should get a perk around face camping.

Hook a survivor and the longer yiu stand their reveals all survivors at the cost of not being able to see Gens. Lol
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    I'd like to see that slowdown when he revs taken away.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Sure but Wraith and Freddy first.
    Bubba can be buffed along with Amanda after those two.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Sure but Wraith and Freddy first.
    Bubba can be buffed along with Amanda after those two.
    Amanda is pretty strong in my opinion
  • Tsulan
    Fengminni said:
    Neither leatherface nor freddy need any buffing both are pretty op if played by a skilled killer. There are even videos out there that prove that you can get easily 3-4ks with both of them without perks against Rank 1 survivors. Faced so many killers that wrecked the booty of survivors with both. The only killer that needs some buffing is Wraith.
    There are also videos of how a single survivor loops a killer for 5 gens without any perks. Or how a survivor hits great skill checks only while ruin is active. So that means that all survivors are OP, ruin needs a buff, skill checks need to be harder and looping should be nerfed, right?

Ohh wait, yes. If a survivor loops a killer for so long, it means the killer is bad.
    But if a killer does a 3-4 kill on rank 1 it means the killer is OP. Never could it be, that the survivors are bad.
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Sorry it has been a couple of days since I was on, im gonna try to respond to most of this!

Thanks for the feedback!

• IronWolf115

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    LF and Piggy need some help, both should get something to promote more aggressive playstyles.

Yeah thats the thing, he is only good at camping so I want to be more aggressive with him.

• IronWolf115

@Facefullofleather said:
    Even if they just re worked his add-ons it would be a welcome change. The chili ones aren't very helpful and beast marks is hard to use now that tinkerer can't counter the longer charge time. 

Yeah, he needs to get the new Wraith treatment with add-ons that are more unique to him rather than hust most of them being Billy add-ons. I think his Chilli should stay, the issue with it is that his acceleration is useless, thus that makes the chilli useless. Buff his acceleration and you then will naturally be buffing his chilli add-ons.

• IronWolf115

@Tsulan said:
    I agree. He needs some buffs and his own add-ons. Maybe something that allows for different playstyles.
    Like add-ons to:

• chase faster
    • charge faster
    • reduce terror radius

These are actually changes I have asked for before, I know that LF is MEANT to be the close range punisher, but he isn't right now. these kind of buffs along with a rework to his add-ons would be great.

• IronWolf115

@Peanits said:
    I could get behind a buff/rework (namely to get rid of the "I facecamp" meta and give him more power in a chase). Though I would definitely rather see Freddy/wraith first.

Yeah like I say I am fine with Freddy and Wraith getting buffed first I mainly just want them to look at LF after that.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    Or maybe the next killer is going to be Leatherface AGAIN so he's in there twice for no reason! 
    Hahaha. Underrated comment. 
  • IronWolf115

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Not quite sure what could be done to buff him, but I agree.

The buffs would simply come around to making him MUCH more reliable at close range with his chainsaw, and perhaps giving him something extra to help with loops.

• IronWolf115

@azazer said:
    I'd like to see that slowdown when he revs taken away.

Yep that is one of the main thing I want to see.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

@Mrbombastic said:
    Top priority buff list
    1.Wraith
    2.Freddy
    3.Piggy
    4.Leatherface

and doctor, billy, nurse... after of them

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Yeah he should definitely be priority after Wraith and Freddy, in my personal opinion.

It sucks that the only reason most people play him is to facecamp.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Me and @IronWolf115 agreed that this would definitely make him better! Y'all give it a look and tell me if you like the LF rework or not! :)
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/8002/lf-rework-idea#latest
  • IronWolf115

Well holy jesus I didn't expect this topic to blow up like it has, thanks guys!

• IronWolf115

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Yeah he should definitely be priority after Wraith and Freddy, in my personal opinion.

Yeah, especially when in the movies he is actually quite a relentless chaser ironically.

• IronWolf115

I just noticed a typo in my OP.

"I have mad multiple threads"

Nice frodient slip on my behalf

• Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

Yeah, especially when in the movies he is actually quite a relentless chaser ironically.

I never get why so many camp with him. I find him to be a pretty good chaser, a lot of survivors do not know how to juke his chainsaw and go instantly down, I find hillbilly to be easier to escape from imo. 
  • Venom
    Venom Member Posts: 32

They just need to remove the base slow down when revving the chainsaw and adjust the add-ons to better suit him, because as of now he’s pretty much reusing all of Hillbilly’s, and he’ll be in so much of a better place. They could also even reduce the charge time at a base. I think they could even do a whole rework but just taking away that alone would make him somewhat viable until they get around to it. I love Leatherface as a character too but I think he is one of worst killers right now next to Pig, after Freddy and Wraith of course, so I truly hope they actually do something.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2018

There are a couple of changes that could really help Leatherface -maybe I'll make my own thread with these suggestions.

• Reduce his terror radius -since Leatherface is supposed to punish bad positioning, a smaller terror radius could really benefit him.
    • Reduce the baseline charge time for his chainsaw OR reduce the speed penalty he gets by performing this action -currently one of his biggest, if not the biggest, weakness.
    • Change his chainsaw attack so it doesn't stop after breaking a pallet.
    • Look at his "acceleration" stat and its related addons, because he's currently slower than he's supposed to be during the chainsaw attack.
  • brokedownpalace
    Acromio said:

There are a couple of changes that could really help Leatherface -maybe I'll make my own thread with these suggestions.

• Reduce his terror radius -since Leatherface is supposed to punish bad positioning, a smaller terror radius could really benefit him.
    • Reduce the baseline charge time for his chainsaw OR reduce the speed penalty he gets by performing this action -currently one of his biggest, if not the biggest, weakness.
    • Look at his "acceleration" stat and its related addons, because he's currently slower than he's supposed to be during the chainsaw attack.
    Personally I wouldn't want LF to keep swinging after breaking a pallet. The survivors would adapt to that very quickly. He would be especially weak to Lithe.

I like your other ideas tho! Definitely needs a smaller terror radius.
  • brokedownpalace
    Also it would be cool if once you mori'd a survivor you wore their face for the rest of the match (or until the next mori).
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I'd say his chainsaw defenitely needs a bigger range... like, its impossible to hit someone with it (no add ons), unless you are standing right next to them...

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    The thing is LF doesn't need a lot of work just for his add ons to be meaningful and chainsaw pallet stuns to be fixed. He should be like a unstoppable maniac when he is reving that chainsaw and you should see your life flash before your eyes when you hear it.
  • IronWolf115

@Acromio said:

These are literally all the changes I want done to him.

• IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.

True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

• IronWolf115

@AshleyWB said:
    The thing is LF doesn't need a lot of work just for his add ons to be meaningful and chainsaw pallet stuns to be fixed. He should be like a unstoppable maniac when he is reving that chainsaw and you should see your life flash before your eyes when you hear it.

Yup, close range dominator is what he should be.

• IronWolf115

@Hillbilly420 said:

@AshleyWB said:

Eh, I'd argue he needs a little more than that. The problem is that he's a nerfed Billy. Everything Leatherface can do Billy can do way better aside from facecamping. Facecamping is the one and only thing Leatherface can do better.

He doesn't require a total re-work just one or two improvements to make him better like:

A 24 meter terror radius. Make him a stealthier Billy. That would be cool as hell.

Modifying the slow down when revving the saw. Make it so he's slowed after 3-4 seconds of revving. That way he'd be better at nailing them around vaults and pallets.

And there's fun and interesting things you could do like him having a built-in Mangled system where when he hooks someone they have the Mangled effect until fully healed.

Or when he breaks a pallet with the saw he receives a speed boost. Or hitting them with the saw gives him a speed boost.

That and yes, fixing his add-ons. Make the Chili do something noticeable. I'm convinced it's bugged but schmucks swear up and down that it isn't and it increases his velocity or something. As-is the effects of Chili do nothing that benefits him. The add-ons that increase his speed (the engravings?) are superfluous. The status effect add-ons have a time limit because reasons. And like Billy he has no Ultra Rares.

Giving killers a unique effect when they do something, like you say with LF mangleing people when he hooks them would be a really cool feature

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying 
  • IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying 

That is absolutely the way to go, but his acceleration and his add-ons still need to be looked at.

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
    edited August 2018

Just M1 until you have a window of oportunity to oneshot people, if you do, M2. If you dont time it correctly, the survivor is going to vault without being hit. If you hit an object, its your fault.

Its like playing with NOED all the game long, just have to time it correctly, i dont think he needs a specific-killer buff. Just dont spam the ability unless you know there are no windows close. Win.

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

That is absolutely the way to go, but his acceleration and his add-ons still need to be looked at.

There's also the chance that he was specifically designed with a powerful defense and a weak offense in mind.
  • IronWolf115

@Sehkmet said:
    Just M1 until you have a window of oportunity to oneshot people, if you do, M2. If you dont time it correctly, the survivor is going to vault without being hit. If you hit an object, its your fault.

Its like playing with NOED all the game long, just have to time it correctly, i dont think he needs a specific-killer buff. Just dont spam the ability unless you know there are no windows close. Win.

I don't think you understand the fundamental issues with LF. He has a majority of add-ons that are useless, he has a mechanic ( acceleration ) which doesn't work and his ability is super clunky and inferior to Billy's. He needs A LOT of work done to him.