Comments

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.

True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying 

That is absolutely the way to go, but his acceleration and his add-ons still need to be looked at.

There's also the chance that he was specifically designed with a powerful defense and a weak offense in mind.

I am fine with a character having a good defence game, but in my opinion it should NEVER sacrifice their offensive side for it

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited August 2018
    I think Freddy should be top priority. He's absolute dogshit. Way worse than Leatherface. He can come after Freddy.

The buff ideas the devs had for Freddy are nice, but he still needs something to help him counter looping in the Dreamworld.

An idea I had for this would be to allow Freddy to drop traps he can teleport to. He would have built-in Mint Rag and Rusty Shackles. He could have say, 4 active traps at any given time.

When he places over 4 traps, it'll just delete the oldest trap like it does for the Hag. There could be add-ons that increase how many active traps he has at any given time.
    Post edited by DocFabron on
  • Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying 

That would make him better but he would still be weaker than Billy because he doesn't get launched forwards and still lacks mobility.

You sacrifice mobility to down multiple people. Fair trade, in my eyes.
  • Sandt21
    edited August 2018

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

That is absolutely the way to go, but his acceleration and his add-ons still need to be looked at.

There's also the chance that he was specifically designed with a powerful defense and a weak offense in mind.

I am fine with a character having a good defence game, but in my opinion it should NEVER sacrifice their offensive side for it

A character shouldn't have both, though. You have hillbilly for offense and leatherface for defense. From the sounds of it, you'd like LF's defense to be as absurdly powerful as it is now, while also having a strong offense. That's far too much. That being said, if you take from his defense to improve his offense, then you took away the one thing he excels at to make him.....average. 

Im not trying to start a fight, I'm rather enjoying this conversation, but we're definitely at opposite sides of the debate here
  • IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

That would make him better but he would still be weaker than Billy because he doesn't get launched forwards and still lacks mobility.

Except that you almost exclusively down multiple people by camping a hook, which puts us back at square one

• IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said: I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead. True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

A character shouldn't have both, though. You have hillbilly for offense and leatherface for defense. From the sounds of it, you'd like LF's defense to be as obscurely powerful as it is now, while also having a strong offense. That's far too much. That being said, if you take from his defense to improve his offense, then you took away the one thing he excels at to make him.....average. 

Im not trying to start a fight, I'm rather enjoying this conversation, but we're definitely at opposite sides of the debate here

Well, tbh Hag has both great offence and defence and she is fine, Nurse is a similar situation so I think LF would be absolutely fine with a great defence and offence because he would still lack mobility.

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Except that you almost exclusively down multiple people by camping a hook, which puts us back at square one

I camp the hook and the gens around it, true, but that's what he does, and he does it amazing well. 
  • IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said: I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead. True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

I camp the hook and the gens around it, true, but that's what he does, and he does it amazing well. 

This is what we are trying to get away from though; his prime playstyle being a camper.

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

This is what we are trying to get away from though; his prime playstyle being a camper.

Fair enough, and I get that, but shouldn't there be a killer who excels at that playstyle? There should be a killer for every type of playstyle, camping included. And while I'm not the biggest fan of camping, the devs have stated that camping is a valid strategy. 
  • Sandt21
    edited August 2018

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

A character shouldn't have both, though. You have hillbilly for offense and leatherface for defense. From the sounds of it, you'd like LF's defense to be as obscurely powerful as it is now, while also having a strong offense. That's far too much. That being said, if you take from his defense to improve his offense, then you took away the one thing he excels at to make him.....average. 

Well, tbh Hag has both great offence and defence and she is fine, Nurse is a similar situation so I think LF would be absolutely fine with a great defence and offence because he would still lack mobility.

hag doesn't really have offense without the mint rag. Traps are defending by nature since they require the opponent to set them off. That's where the mint rag comes in

as for the nurse, she's in a class all her own, and in my opinion, has no bearing in this debate since her power is designed from the ground up to ignore the games many mechanics 
  • IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said: IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:    I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.        True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying  That would make him better but he would still be weaker than Billy because he doesn't get launched forwards and still lacks mobility.

Fair enough, and I get that, but shouldn't there be a killer who excels at that playstyle? There should be a killer for every type of playstyle, camping included. And while I'm not the biggest fan of camping, the devs have stated that camping is a valid strategy. 

Oh yeah don't worry I understand that, I just feel there are better ways to do it and LF is not how I would have done it. I think they should shift LF to be a more aggressive killer and the, if they want to, make a killer that IS more defensive, but do it in a better way. That is where I am coming from with this. Hope you understand!

• IronWolf115

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:    I would argue that leatherface is the best defensive killer in the game. No one will ever be able to facecamp or slug better then old leatherhead.        True, but realistically we want him to have MUCH better offensive capabilities

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying  That is absolutely the way to go, but his acceleration and his add-ons still need to be looked at.

Gag hag doesn't really have offense without the mint rag. Traps are defending by nature since they require the opponent to set them off. That's where the mint rag comes in.

as for the nurse, she's in a class all her own, and in my opinion, has no bearing in this debate since her power is designed from the ground up to ignore the games many mechanics 

Hag can actually be one of the most aggressive killers in the game with good trap placement.

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Hillbilly420 said:

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying  That would make him better but he would still be weaker than Billy because he doesn't get launched forwards and still lacks mobility.

Oh yeah don't worry I understand that, I just feel there are better ways to do it and LF is not how I would have done it. I think they should shift LF to be a more aggressive killer and the, if they want to, make a killer that IS more defensive, but do it in a better way. That is where I am coming from with this. Hope you understand!

Oh I completely understand, but I feel this works as is. Two chainsaw killers, one for offense, one for defense. A chainsaw killer for both playstyles 
  • Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said: Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:    IronWolf115 said:

Then all he really needs is to be able to move at full speed when revving up the chainsaw. There. Offense is now terrifying         That would make him better but he would still be weaker than Billy because he doesn't get launched forwards and still lacks mobility.

You sacrifice mobility to down multiple people. Fair trade, in my eyes. Except that you almost exclusively down multiple people by camping a hook, which puts us back at square one

Oh I completely understand, but I feel this works as is. Two chainsaw killers, one for offense, one for defense. A chainsaw killer for both playstyles 

I feel like it would be more interesting to have a one chainsaw Killer that's offensive (Billy) and one that's stealthy (Leatherface).

Like I said, a 24 meter terror radius on Leatherface would be pretty big. Giving him some other ######### that allows him to slow the game down a little built in Mangled would help too.

Then let's ask the Devs to add a stealthy chainsaw guy rather then remake a defensive chainsaw guy who fills that role really well
  • Smiler
    Smiler Member Posts: 165

I almost got to rank 5 with ONLY Leatherface, i don't really think he needs a rework.
    Just keep playing and you will eventually get better with him.

• Smiler

I almost got to rank 5 with ONLY Leatherface, i don't really think he needs a rework.
    Just keep playing and you will eventuaget better with him.

• Smiler

• Smiler

Just keep playing and you will eventuaget better with him.

• IronWolf115

@Smiler said:

I consistently get to rank 1 with him, I am actually a LF main which is why I know how awful he is.

• Smiler

Just keep playing and you will eventuaget better with him.> @IronWolf115 said:

@Smiler said:

I consistently get to rank 1 with him, I am actually a LF main which is why I know how awful he is.

That isn't logical at all, but ok.

• IronWolf115

@Smiler said:

@Smiler said:

You can get to rank 1 with ANY killer. That doesn't mean they are all powerful. I play LF so I know his problems is what I am saying.

• Smiler

@IronWolf115 said:

@Smiler said:

@Smiler said:

You can get to rank 1 with ANY killer. That doesn't mean they are all powerful. I play LF so I know his problems is what I am saying.

OH, why didn't you say so.Now I get it.

• MattRiles
    MattRiles Member Posts: 10

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    LF and Piggy need some help, both should get something to promote more aggressive playstyles.

Whoever says this is not playing the Pig right. The only thing I would change with the Pig is buff her base crouch speed and in tandom nerf the combat straps. In the right hands she is a very strong killer. Tunnelling the trapped survivor is not how to play her. She can counter pallet loops. That is something that almost no Pigs use but it makes her so strong.

• MattRiles

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sure but Wraith and Freddy first.
    Bubba can be buffed along with Amanda after those two.

Please... The only Buff that Amanda needs is faster base crouch and a combat straps nerf to coincide with it. If you think Amanda needs anymore then I do not agree with your opinion.

• MattRiles

@Lowbei said:
    feffrey said:

Aari_Piggy66 said:

Amanda is pretty strong in my opinion

but youre bad, so your rank20 opinion doesnt mean much, no offense

Nah Amanda can be great, Even at rank 1. Trust me. I know a Pig main who is absolutely amazing at using her. You've just gotta play her right. By that I mean don't tunnel trapped people and use the dash at pallet loops. Also combat straps are a god send until she gets a base crouch buff

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

@MattRiles said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Please... The only Buff that Amanda needs is faster base crouch and a combat straps nerf to coincide with it. If you think Amanda needs anymore then I do not agree with your opinion.

100% agree with this. Ambushing at a loop feels clunky without them but other than that Amanda can be really good.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    MattRiles said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    LF and Piggy need some help, both should get something to promote more aggressive playstyles.

Whoever says this is not playing the Pig right. The only thing I would change with the Pig is buff her base crouch speed and in tandom nerf the combat straps. In the right hands she is a very strong killer. Tunnelling the trapped survivor is not how to play her. She can counter pallet loops. That is something that almost no Pigs use but it makes her so strong.

Most Pigs don't tunnel trap survivors. Most of the time people accuse her of tunnelling it's because they run around like headless chickens and expect no to get chased because rbt
  • Raquiem
    Raquiem Member Posts: 10

@Mrbombastic said:
    Top priority buff list
    1.Wraith
    2.Freddy
    3.Piggy
    4.Leatherface

No, Amanda doesn't need buffing, she's a really good Killer when you face someone brilliant at her.

• Sandt21

@Sandt21 said:
    Hillbilly420 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:

IronWolf115 said:

@Sandt21 said:    Hillbilly420 said:

You sacrifice mobility to down multiple people. Fair trade, in my eyes.        Except that you almost exclusively down multiple people by camping a hook, which puts us back at square one

I camp the hook and the gens around it, true, but that's what he does, and he does it amazing well.  This is what we are trying to get away from though; his prime playstyle being a camper.

I feel like it would be more interesting to have a one chainsaw Killer that's offensive (Billy) and one that's stealthy (Leatherface).

Like I said, a 24 meter terror radius on Leatherface would be pretty big. Giving him some other ######### that allows him to slow the game down a little built in Mangled would help too.

Then let's ask the Devs to add a stealthy chainsaw guy rather then remake a defensive chainsaw guy who fills that role really well

That was just uncalled for
  • IronWolf115

Friendly reminder:

Regardless of disagreements with someone else's opinion, keep it civil

Thank you.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Facefullofleather said:
    Even if they just re worked his add-ons it would be a welcome change. The chili ones aren't very helpful and beast marks is hard to use now that tinkerer can't counter the longer charge time. 

Fun fact, the chili addons actually don't even work!

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:
    I agree. He needs some buffs and his own add-ons. Maybe something that allows for different playstyles.
    Like add-ons to:

• chase faster
    • charge faster
    • reduce terror radius

These are actually changes I have asked for before, I know that LF is MEANT to be the close range punisher, but he isn't right now. these kind of buffs along with a rework to his add-ons would be great.

I feel like a slightly reduced terror radius would be good for a couple reasons.
    First off, like you said he's a close range punisher. Survivors would have to actively look out for him because he could get closer without people knowing.
    Secondly, in the the original movie he jumps out at Franklin and kills him, (Franklin's Demise is based off of this scene) so a smaller terror radius might make him feel more like the movie him as well.

• IronWolf115

@Tombstone218 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:
    I agree. He needs some buffs and his own add-ons. Maybe something that allows for different playstyles.
    Like add-ons to:

• chase faster
    • charge faster
    • reduce terror radius

These are actually changes I have asked for before, I know that LF is MEANT to be the close range punisher, but he isn't right now. these kind of buffs along with a rework to his add-ons would be great.

I feel like a slightly reduced terror radius would be good for a couple reasons.
    First off, like you said he's a close range punisher. Survivors would have to actively look out for him because he could get closer without people knowing.
    Secondly, in the the original movie he jumps out at Franklin and kills him, (Franklin's Demise is based off of this scene) so a smaller terror radius might make him feel more like the movie him as well.

Yes you are right, a reduced terror radius has also been thrown around a bit.