Why is Nurse such a rare killer to go against now?

Comments

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I ran Tinkerer, Surge, Discordance, and BBQ. I would say only BBQ is really meta of those tbh.

I hate playing the new Nurse. It took the skill = reward ratio she had and throw it in the garbage can, and now you spend so much time recovering from fatigue and cooldown you spend more of the game passively sitting there unable to do anything than you do actually playing the game.

It isn't fun, it wasn't well done, we still got screwed with addons, she has gamebreaking bugs that are never going to be addressed, she is in a sad state right now.

It also doesn't reward careful managing of blinks because the single best way (and probably what they are pushing for) to use her now is single blinks until chase. That is extremely limiting on gameplay and her main mechanic. Overall this is just a shitshow, especially considering so many of us in the community have offered way better changes that actually reward you for smart play and don't restrict you into playing her in one specific way.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Nurse is awful on Xbox so yeah never use her and very rarely face her.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126

I'm curious, what addons did you run? What do you run now?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I bought dbd for my nephews xbox cause he doesn't have a pc. We didn't play for long. The console version is awful. It feels like a cash grab. Like it wasn't very well thought out. Nurse is terrible on console and I used her frequently on my pc.

My go to Nurse build was BBQ, Ruin(now pgtw), MYC and 4th perk was whatever I felt like. NC, DH, Franklins ect. Hook someone, chase somebody with BBQ, if someone made the save go back and chase the exposed survivor. I'm not tunneling off the hook >.>

• coppersly
    edited January 2020

As counter-productive as it sounds to my arguments, I did mostly run Omega Blink. Not that I needed it to win, it just made teleporting really fun with the massive distance. I could still play just fine without it and my other go-to combo was spoon + pocket watch (I think that's a pretty common combo)

I tried to run MYC a long time back on her but the rescuer would almost always be hard to find by the time I got back to the hook and I didn't want to waste my time chasing after someone I might not find easily.

My playstyle with my build was very fun to me. I would just play regular and wait for discordance to go off and get 2+ free survivor locations and initiate regular chases.

If Tinkerer proc'd I could usually get a gen-grab or I would down them right next to the gen so Surge would go off. I got VERY used to not kicking gens after Surge was released with discordance + tinkerer to back it up. I could defend a single 95% gen for minutes on end because it would constantly reset tinkerer and I was free for grabs They get so greedy on an almost done gen.

• chockfullofmoxie
    chockfullofmoxie Member Posts: 11

As someone who is rank 11 and plays against 3s and 4s it’s not worth the risk. I have a hard time learning her on console and I get bullied when I try to daily’s with her.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

In my humble opinion, I think it's because they made her harder without making her stronger. This was needed, but it drove away older players because they were used to their method and it was easier for them to just switch to a different killer or survivor. And it keeps away new killers because until you're a really good Nurse, survivors will kick the ######### out of you. New killers would rather play Freddy, and old killers would rather play... also Freddy. Maybe Spirit once sound is consistent. Or Billy.

• Tydie
    edited January 2020

I figured. My point still stands. People who ran omega struggle to know her base blink muscle memory.

• coppersly

And my point still stands, after a single match I was fine again with her base blink distance. It never stopped me from playing her without those addons, it just made her that much more fun.

Ya know, the point of running addons in the first place?

• Tydie

I find it hard to believe you could play as well with and without range addons due to how long it takes to build the muscle memory of the blink, especially since you said you mostly used omega. The main reason you mainly used omega cuz thats the muscle memory you know. It became a crutch. So do you want omega blink back? That was pretty much the main reason she got nerfed. It was extremely busted. If it were true that you could play her as well with and without those addons, you would use the double blink recharge speed addons to bring her back to old nurse. It feels somewhat similar. Range + fast recovery is what made her broken. You cant have both.

• coppersly

Trust me, I learned her on pocket + spoon. It was only after I was already adept with her that I tried Omega blink. And no, I haven't advocated that it be brought back because it was whatever, and we still have a crappy version of it now anyways.

And no the recharge addons only bring it down to 2 seconds instead of 3, that's still 2/3 more time waiting than you did before her rework. That's still over 50% more than before. It makes her closer to old Nurse but still very much different.

• Tydie

If they were to reduce this cooldown you would just run the "new omega" and we would be back where we started.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    edited January 2020

My friend who has been playing as the Nurse for more than a year and a half says she's fine. Heck, he even says that her cooldown helps him to plan his actions ahead without rushing and missing because of that! I believe that people do not believe that the Nurse is still hella strong because they haven't really played against her god-level players after the nerf cuz these are rare nowadays.

• LegionGhostface
    LegionGhostface Member Posts: 162

i think it’s pretty unreasonable to have a blink cooldown, i do agree that the omega blink addons were way too overpowered and shouldn’t allow her to have as much of a blink speed increase, but the fatigue + blink cooldown is just annoying according to so many people

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
  • coppersly

The way they nerfed it though was kind of actually smart. First off you have a much longer charge time to actually gain the extra distance, so that's longer time to break LOS and maneuver. Secondly, the 2nd blink can never ever benefit from the extra distance without the chain time addon.

So even if they did remove the cooldown, if you wanted old omega back you'd still be less powerful than it was before.

If they didn't want anyone to run extra distance addons, why keep them in the game? The point was Omegas downside before the changes didn't really actually exist, and now they do. Much better than before in terms of balance.

And I'm not sure I'd run them tbh, the extra charge time really detracts from muscle memory.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I'm not sure if it got fixed, but I was so upset how I had to M1 survivors as Nurse. :P

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223

I never played her omega blink build, and I still have issues with her. We are not asking to make her OP again, just a little buff so she is more fun to play as and both her pick rate and kill rate go up a bit.

• coppersly

That's part of her redesign though, I mean look at the addons that remove your blink for walkspeed and disable it upon landing a successful hit for walkspeed.

Just play her as an m1 killer, it's what they were going for.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

They nerfed her way too much

• coppersly

BHVR when can we get an actual good addon everyone wants for Nurse?

Ultra rare that just removes all of your blinks and makes you as fast as Hag. Easily the best addon in the game right there.

• LegionGhostface

i think that the addons right now currently are at an ok place. i just don’t agree with the blink cooldown and i find it really unreasonable because it has resulted in irresistible bugs and glitches. honestly they should just remove that

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LegionGhostface

i wish i went against a good nurse but it’s so rare now mostly cause people find her blink cooldown annoying since it’s full of bugs and unneeded too

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

I can say as a console player, I rarely see the nurse because using a controller just doesn't give you the freedom of movement needed for nurse. Every nurse I've gone against on PS4 was having a bad time unfortunately.

• LegionGhostface

yeah she's really unplayable on console lmao, i def understand about not playing her on there

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Yup I play nurse on console and I do have good games but most of the time I get 2k or 1k but killers in general are very frustrating to play right now I’m always getting gen rushed and am starting to dread playing killer

• LegionGhostface

honestly console is not good at all for any side, it's a complete mess with all of its problems

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Tbh the fact that she has two cooldowns now is making her not really worth to play as... She's way too harder to learn now and her addons....sucks.

• LegionGhostface

yup makes sense, i do think she needed a nerf but there were features that were totally unneeded and just opened up many problems for her

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Tbh if they could just remove fatigue or the recharge blink cooldown, than I think she could be in good spot.

• coppersly

I think there are about 6 good addons. Addons any Nurse main could tell you are good and would help her gameplay in some way.

The rest are literally disable your power for WALKING, or just straight up memes/garbage. The ENTIRE point of the addon pass was to eliminate addons like that and change them into something useful but all they did was just shuffle which ones are good and which are crap. The total number of bad addons stayed about the same at the end of the day.

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157

I played Nurse since very late 2016.

You can call me unskilled and lazy, but the Cooldown plus Dedicated Servers just made her unbearable to play as. I never liked the Fatigue but at least understood why it was "fair" for Survivors and accepted it as a necessity. I do not accept that a cooldown in addition is reasonable, it just makes it so that every 2-5 seconds someone stops you and says "to continue playing, wait X more seconds".

The feeling of self-stunning every time you use your Power (which you must do just to get around) is already not the biggest fun in the world, but adding an extra wait time and restraints is just so much more annoying.

It especially felt inconsiderate to me, since I was one of those Nurses who only rarely used Addons (and never Omega Blink). I used to pride myself on playing Nurse with no Addons.

I haven't seen one good reason in this thread why I need to keep doing that to myself when I can just play Freddy and have zero self-stuns and not have to drown in stress over the fact that I can't keep up with the gens and that if I miss a single Blink (or more commonly - get robbed by a bug or a hidden No-Blink-Zone) then I lose a chase completely.

Simply put, she's not fun and the Punishment vs Reward ratio was tilted too heavily towards Punishment (although that's kind of the Killer experience in general).

I came to an even more relevant conclusion lately: why should I keep subjecting myself to stress and humiliation by trying to pretend that playing Killer is anything more than becoming an interactive AI when I can just play Survivor and have the entire game based around my fun?

I don't need to worry about nerfs then, because Survivors can literally walk into a match with no Perks and win. I still remember with horror how the Depip Squad proved that when Marth and his group went into matches with no Perks and no comms and skillful Killers with fully-decked loadouts (including ZubatLEL, ScottJund and Umbra) were huffing and puffing to keep up with them and still lost.

Granted, there's been a few changes since then but playing Survivor is always so much more fun and relaxing. I don't even need to survive.

So, I'd very much like to go back to Nurse some day and play Killer again just in general, but right now it's just so punishing and frustrating. I'd much rather have fun. If that makes me "lazy", well... I'm here to have fun, this isn't a job to me. I don't owe anyone anything - the only one I owe anything to is myself and the only thing I owe is to have fun.

Nurse is just not fun anymore. Killer in general isn't, either.

And to all my fellow Killer Mains who suffer - just do what I did, switch over to Survivor. You'll thank me. It's so relaxing. You can literally just sit on a gen and have music playing in the background. You barely need to pay attention even during chases.

• LegionGhostface

yeah it's so hard to enjoy a game of killer when you're playing a B/C tier one, i get ur point

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54

She's boring and frustrating to play with that cool down on top of fatigue

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

That add-on needs to make her 120% for 30 seconds to be honest. 😁

• oke
    oke Member Posts: 102

If you think we still have any version of omegablink, you really don't know the real reason omegablink broke the game. It wasn't just the range that was the problem, you know?!

While I'd agree that Nurse is unfun to play and it's almost impossible to play her casually, she is still undoubtedly the killer with the highest skill cap and potential to 4k consistently because you are 100% in control.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

The fatigue animation over long periods of times start to give me motion sickness, something to to do with the camera bob. Same reason I wont use Monitor and Abuse, which is actually a good perk but the change of FOV over time starts giving me motion sickness.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Because her nerf makes her unfun to play. But thats ok, its only survivor fun that matters to the devs.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    edited January 2020

Honestly the Devs could have done this in a different way, the main complaints about the Nurse were literally Omega 3-Blink nurse, and Omega blink nurse, and 3-5 blink Nurse.

If I were a Dev, instead of doing what the current Devs did, I would have first changed the add ons and leave the basekit alone, and test that for 2-4 months (And actually hire some veteran players to do additional testing). If she was still OP after that, then I would have added a cooldown or let nurse appear for survivors first, before the nurse actually did by 0.5 sec, and keep testing from there.

This is what the Devs should have done, but instead they decided to stack too many nerfs at once, and once the results came out that Nurse was worse off than before, they stop doing any more testing, and left her as it is.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

shes the best killer in the game if you develop the skill with her. a lot of killers don't want skill though they want to see everyone, get one shots and cloak themselves

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yep. The devs don't do enough testing and have no real talent on the team in terms of gameplay ability. So then they put it on PTB for a couple of weeks (not enough time for testing), and then just leave it as that. Especially if its a killer or killer related. If it inconvencies or affects survivors in some way its fixed extremely quickly.

• LegionGhostface

yup, these nurse bugs are too unstable and affect the killer tremendously yet there's nothing being done. pretty good job so far

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

Because she isn't very fun to play right now. They need to raise the skill floor. Make it so she can see where she is teleporting to. Make it so she can cancel her blinks. That wouldn't change much for the "pro nurses" who can seemingly blink exactly where they want anyway, but it would make her more accessible for everyone else. She has an add on with that effect that is common. It's the only way I'll play her and believe me... she's not OP with that effect.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Pocket Watch + White Nit Comb was the correct combo. Metal Spoon and White Nit Comb had swapped descriptions.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited January 2020

I think you mean lower the skill floor as the skill floor is in reference to how much skill to get the character to work at all and lowering that lowers how much skill is needed to play the character to basic degree.

She also would need more then just the ability(Like the charge CD being removed from her blink) to see where she blinks simply due to as others have pointed out running in a straight line can counter her advantages atm with no skill needed to beat the nurse.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2020

her nerf was the result of the devs listening to garbo survivors who can't lose, also its like playing a shin kicked killer that used to be the bae, she was hard to learn too.