We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Revised Map Selection System

Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I posted something similar to this before, but here's a revised version. I will keep it short and simple.

==Map Phase==

After the Offerings screen, instead of going to the loading screen, the game now goes to the map phase.

The Killer is presented with the choice of 3 random maps. Not realms, individual maps. The Killer gets to pick which map to go to. 10 second timer to prevent Killers from just sitting there.

==Map Offerings Rework==

Realm Selector offerings now only significantly increase chances to get a map from that Realm into the map phase, rather than guaranteeing it that a map from that Realm will be chosen. Map Offerings are now Secret, preventing the Killer from knowing which map the Survivors are trying to influence them to pick.

==New Killer Offerings==

Common - Map phase will be skipped, and the map will be randomly selected from any map in the game. Gain bonus BP at the end of the trial.

V.Rare - Adds one additional choice to the map phase.

U.Rare - Adds two additional choices to the map phase.

==New Survivor Offering==

U.Rare - Removes one choice from the map phase. Does not stack.

==Goals of this Rework==

-Reduce chances of Killers getting screwed by map RNG, essentially making them lose the match before it even begun (Pour one out for all the poor Bubbas who get sent to the window paradise that is Lery's.)

-Prevent Killers from using map offering to get the most optimal map for their build every single match (EG: Nurse+Jigsaw Piece)

-Prevent Survivors from using map offerings to guarantee the selection of an obscenely unbalanced map to screw over the Killer (Hello, Haddonfield.)

-Add new offerings to the game

-Gives devs a new way to monitor map data, if a specific map is almost never being chosen by Killers, it should be taken as a red flag that something is wrong with the map and it should be rebalanced.

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I like the idea. Doubt it will ever be implemented though but still, who knows.