If you had to remove ONE perk? killer and surv.

Options

Comments

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Self care.

Self care.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

NONE..

Survivor perspective:

Oh they have Franklin’s.. well imma just keep my butt moving and maybe make a scavenger hunt out of it..

Oh they have NOED or Devour.. FIND THAT BLOODY TOTEM OR WE’RE ALL TOAST!

Hmm they might have Blood Warden.. I’ll just wait until that person is safely placed on the hook and then I’ll finish the door;p

BBQ.. I will literally stand still and by the time you get to me you probably think I’ve already walked somewhere else and I giggle

Hmm I’m the obsession.. gen pops and I see the killers aura.. Rancor! Honestly Rancor is one of the most satisfying things to survive if you happen to be the obsession for the majority if not the entire match.

Killer perspective:

Little bastard has dead hard.. next time I’ll wait until it’s wasted and giggle at how silly they looked right before they got hit

Little twit stunned me with Head On.. you’ll pay for.. little twits friend stunned me with head on.. okay lol now you little nerds are going to get it;p

Decisive Strike and you’ve been an endearing little Butt dancing dink all game, you’ve been unhooked and I down you at the exit gate.. hell yea I’m picking you’re butt up.. make you earn that escape. If you miss then you’re mine and if you hit it.. gg wp

DS and you hop in a locker.. pffft I’ll eat 4 locker strikes all day, especially with any amount of gens left.

Iron Will... I personally love Stridor so.. muah<3

It’s been a solid game, everyone has been hooked once or on death hook.. everyone is injured.. POP.. 4 adrenaline.. Oh okay well I’m at least going to try and give you all love taps on the way out. Gg

*If you read any of this I think you get the point.. yes sometimes certain perks can make your tears a little extra salty but it is what it is..

It’s the repetition of the same perks that is more boring than anything but to each his or her own..

I have my favourites and I switch things up when I feel like it and that’s how I think it should be.

Have fun out there<3

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    Options

All the killers are saying no ed because they know its a bad perk and nothing would be lost if it was removed lol.

Nah but its really important for new killers so they better not touch it, bad enough they gonna get bullied all their first games

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    Options

This turned out to be harder than I expected. There are so many perks that don't have enough benefit or synergy with other perks to justify taking up slots

SURVIVOR: Vigil -- I love the idea, but its impact is almost nil

Honorable Mention: Boil Over

KILLER: Monstrous Shrine -- Poor ol' thing, just lay it to rest

Honorable Mention: Unnerving Presence

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182
    Options

Killer: BBQ&Chili. It's way too good for high mobility killers like Hillbilly. Most of the time survivors don't hide so the killer will sometimes kill all the survivors in less than 3 minutes. Just throw the bonus bloodpoints to some other perk(s).

Survivor: Self-Care. As a killer, it feels like injuring people isn't worth almost anything. As the perk runner, it feels painfully slow to heal. And as a teammate, it sucks to die on hook because the perk runner is healing theirself in the corner of the map.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

DS and Ruin

• thelioncid
    thelioncid Member Posts: 43
    Options

it will not eliminate any of them are optimal to adapt both as a survivor and as a killer, some may be annoying at times, but the grace is in the randomness of the games

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

Adrenaline and Spirit Fury

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Unbreakable - cause its trash and way too situational

NOED - even tho its kinda needed rn, yeah it rewards bad play

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited January 2020
    Options

NOED Because the killer knows that all gens will be done before the game even started. Pathetic. Absolutely no respect for NOED wannabe killers.

Self Care The worst perk for survivors. Waste of perk slot. I hate when they go to self care 40 seconds i think? while the team is dying. Just bring a medkit.

Post edited by xenofon13 on
  • Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Object of Obsession. If it weren’t for that broken, overpowered Perk being so problematic, the devs probably would never have invented Undetectable and applied a harsh blanket nerf to all the underused aura reading Perks like Alert, Babysitter, and Dark Sense.

And, of course, even with Undetectable, OoO still lights up when you look at the Killer, so... congrats, even with this blanket nerf Object can still be used against stealth Killers, so Undetectable’s reason for existence is close to pointless anyway.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

Franklin's demise and selfcare for sure

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

DS and New Ruin

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Ds and BBQ and chili xD

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Ruin

Borrowed Time

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I'd say NOED and Self Care. Both very boring and not very interactive perks

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

None.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Why DS, it punishes slugging. If DS was removed tunneling and toxicity would become 2x as popular

• Zamblot
    Options

Borrowed time is one of the most balanced perks, I swear you people just want to tunnel

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options

NOED/Insidious and No Mither

let's just burn the perks that ruin the fun and are useless

• SamuraiDragon27
    SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 105
    Options

See, I don't like to think of perks as op. I love this game, and I feel that we can all find ways to counter builds if we really wanted to.......Who am I kidding, BBQ and DS. Only because I see them every game. However, I do understand the need for the bp

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited January 2020
    Options

Killer: Insidious. Every killer I see using it tends to be a face camper.

Survivor: DS. It's gotten better but it is still too safe. Survivors know they can dick around without consequence for 1 min. I know someone is going to say "dont tunnel" but even if I dont I still run into it. I can hook survivor A then leave. I can chase survivor B. Survivor C has rescued and healed survivor A. I hook survivor B. Survivor A comes to the rescue. I chase survivor A. I either down survivor A or they jump into a locker. Survivor A still has DS........

This isn't a 1 time deal. This happens to me quite often. People wonder why killers slug.

I downed and hooked another person. Survivor A even got healed up. That proves I wasnt tunneling yet DS was still active. Anti Tunnel perk my ass.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Yes, because instant unhooks are balanced and it's tunneling when the person got unhooked in front of you`

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Survivor: Object of Obsession. As Freddy Main, I'm sick of it.

Killer: Insidious. No more Basement Bubbas.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

This ######### sounds like "I can't break my arm if I chop it off with axe."

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126
    Options

I'd rather remove perks that are basically never used in normal gameplay. For killer, definitely monstrous shrine, survivor I really have no idea.

• danielbird11
    danielbird11 Member Posts: 150
    Options

noed and babysitter because noed rewards bad killers and babysitter is literary useless

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

D-Strike: "I can make bad plays for 1 Minute and the Killer will be punished if i fail"

NOED: Rewards bad Killers.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Playing killer you could take any perk as there aren't any decent ones left imo

Playing survivor I'd be unhappy if they were to nerf any of them, DC, unbreakable, borrowed time, I'd be here all day... Maybe take no mither as it's me that also groans when I see a player with it

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 2020
    Options

Selfcare on Survivor (please be productive!)

Insidious on Killer (please be not a boring camping killer)

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

noed and spirit fury , for addons - insta hatchets , pinky finger clown , infinite t3 myers , insta saw billy

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

agree with insidious is cancer , self care is good mate using it on red rank saving time instead of searching for teammates or totem around for inner strengh

• Xzan
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

DS doesn't prevent a survivor from being downed if I remember correctly.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options

Why would you get rid of BBQ it's easily counterable for a survivor

• Xzan
    Options
  • Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Killers: NOED

Survivors: Either DS or OoO

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Selfcare is not exactly a good perk but since there are tons of discussions out there, i dont go into detail again. All i say is you dont safe any time at all, you just waste it with that perk and the moments when SC might become useful is super rare.

And just because you might get away with SC at red rank does not mean anything. Most of red ranks are not that great at the game, look at me, i was rank 1 since about day 15 or so after i installed the game. Rank means not that much in DbD.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Survivor - Would say Urban Evasion but I bet it'd be replaced with Fixated anyway or Blendettes would just crouch without the speed boost. I'd have to say Breakout; it's pretty annoying when facing a SWF.

Killer - Insidious or Hex: The Third Seal

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Survivor: Self Care legitimately one of the worst perks for anyone above rank 20. I see too many useless people SC while I'm on the hook in the corner of the map.

Killer: No One Escapes Death. Nothing, but a massive reward for failure. You couldn't get anyone before endgame you shouldn't be carried by a bad designed perk during endgame. Too many times do I see bad killers use this to camp or tunnel at EGC.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Killer: Sloppy Butcher, the heal time just kills me as a Survivor harder than the Killer themselves.

Survivor: Borrowed Time, why? I want to tunnel without interruption, that's all.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

I'd say the opposite of selfcare. Its garbage for low-mid ranks, since they cant loop so they just get doublesmacked in no time. Where as in highranks, good loopers can waste a lot of time with that extra healthstate. They dont throw that away like potatoes. If you want to to down them, you have to commit atleast 30s more, which is 90s of gentime for 32s of healing and with much more potential. Chases get exponentially more valuable the longer you can loop.

The easiest way to win and carry games completely is having a single, long chase. And with 2 healthstates its much, much easier and reaslistic to do.

• Liruliniel
    Options

In my experince those kind of loopers are rare and even then most wont waste the slot on Self Care when a medkit can do the same thing. The few people who have tried doing this to me usually get smacked down before they can pull it off.

• last0ne
    last0ne Member Posts: 88
    Options

For killer itll be noed

For survivor itll be ds

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Gotta say, medkits are better. They feel a bit too strong for my taste though, selfcare alone is a bit slow and medkits are too fast.

I can just tell, that i have more problems with 4 healing survivors who play it safe and steady. Compared to 4 risky survivors genrushing, which will end the game fast for either side. Survivors have enough power and control to play it out safely imo, depending on teammates. You may want to genrush injured with other potatoes.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126
    Options

Killer: NOED

It rewards bad gameplay for the Killer, and stops them from learning the Killer fully, because they rely on a one shot, whilst moving 4% quicker, once all the gens are done.

Survivor: Sprint Burst

I'm a Wraith and Oni main, and if you play these Killers, you know how annoying Sprint Burst can be to play against. Sprint Burst negates the surprise attack from Wraith, and it denies Oni from his early hit on a Survivor.

• Liruliniel
    Options

Honestly though majority of Self Care users tend to be bad. Outside low ranks where no one knows what's going on and Self Care is useful any other rank or survivor will be using better perks.

I rarely if ever seen anyone take it slow and steady anymore. I do know that if I wait a moment to start gens killers will bypass me and I can get a free gen.

• Zamblot
    Options

Yeah so why are you gonna punish the survivor that gets hooked Infront of you and no the person that saved him Infront of you

• Lucian
    Lucian Member Posts: 51
    Options

Killer: NOED

Why: You have a useless perk until the END of the game, and hope you can catch one or two survivors off guard. Meh.

Survivor: Adrenaline

Same thing as NOED, useless until END of game then it's just a free heal if you even took damage in the first place.