The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doctor will be the downfall

If he is not fixed I'm predicting this game will lose it's survivor base, which in turn will lead to longer waits and higher que times, causing people to leave. Why the dev team made a character that can 100% prevent any form of stun and M1 at almost the same time is beyond me. Not to mention the tunnel and camp is every single match because everyone is playing him because he is OP and they can get a lot of blood points. I've had two friends uninstall the game and I can't get them to come back. And yes they used Calm Spirit but it is far less than fun.

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't see what people's problem with Doctor is. HE COULD ALWAYS DO THAT.

Shock Therapy has ALWAYS prevented Survivors from doing actions.

Tunnelling and camping are different issues and more prevalent with Hag or Ghostface. There are also perks to help deal with the issue.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The game is always changing. If your friends quit the game over one change because they would rather stop playing altogether than adapt and try to get better, they probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

I noticed it too, that you can stun people every 0.6ish seconds. But you can still counter it, even if it is kinda hard to deal with it.

But srsly he is fine. He needs to use the brown add on and need to use it right to get the right use out of it. Everything better than the brown addon will just make him weaker, 'cause you can just run around the loop again.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2020
    1. That can actually be a good thing. Survivor queue times are already long because there's too many people trying to play as one. Players leaving will shorten them.
    2. Doctor has been able to do this for years. You're just not used to him yet because not a lot of people played him until his rework.
    3. His shock is completely counterable. You just have end your loops early. It is also really short without add-ons. The only add-on that's worth it is the common one. The other two increase his charge time by too much.
    4. If you guys are quitting over a Killer getting buffed instead of trying to adapt, then maybe the game will be better off without you. Sorry that Killers are getting stronger and forcing you to use different strategies instead of just gen rush or run in a circle for five minutes.
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

And another death profecy by a frustrated player. After the thousands death sentence I slowly start to believe it... not

Btw @PigMainClaudette the action stun to survivors was a buff the doc received. Not sure when, some time ago, he couldn't ALWAYS do that, but he could already before the rework *shoot-mouth-off*

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Shock Therapy has prevented people from performing actions since I've been playing, and that was Darkness Among Us.

I just hate to hear people say that Doctor and Freddy are OP because they can shut down looping. That is their job. It is their entire kit.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Darkness among us is not the first DLC :P Then I guess the doc buff was before this chapter.

Yes I know. Especially doc has no map pressure and is like clown somehow depending on ending chases quickly. Other than Freddy, he has a pretty strong map control power as well. Which is most likely the reason why Freddy was the deadliest killer in the latest stats release short after the nurse tweak

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810

It was introduced with Patch 1.6.2 in August 2017.

Was looking for something else and stumbled over it.^^

• Jimbobads
    Jimbobads Member Posts: 29

Actually glad people who can't deal with a new fun mechanic decide to straight up quit.

I don't want you people in our community because you're the type of people who will DC during a game because it's not going your way.

The whole fun point of DBD is to come up with ways of countering the killer and outsmarting them. And let me tell you as a Red rank doctor main, IT IS NOT EASY TO 4K.

So if you think doctor is broken let me correct you very quickly.

Survivors are broken not any killer.

• chaoticgenius
    chaoticgenius Member Posts: 1

I agree that the Doc is OP, I won't quit the game over one unbalanced killer, but I will come to the forum and make sure I input my complaint, it is absolutely balls. I cannot hide because his scan makes me scream behind things, and I cannot run because he scans and it makes me scream and slow down/not be able to throw stun pallets. Completely trash and needs a serious balance update.

• RainbowSuperLoki
    RainbowSuperLoki Member Posts: 48

You are very much exaggerating the situation.

Nurse has been really good for ages and people still play the game.

Even when the game was horribly balanced and killers were like, extremely disadvantaged, you know how things were ? people still played the game.

A survivor base of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE will not just quit the game because one patch that is litterally a few days old made a killer better. I would not go as far as to say he's OP, he's simply much better than he was. Get over it. Killers also have a lot of things to complain about, and they're not going anywhere as far as I know.