So you can fix DS in a week but not killer bugs?

Options

Killers: wraith glitch where he is stuck in cloak form when flashlight burned. Hag having major delays in her traps when triggered making them less useful. Spirit not being able to hear survivors who are right next to her when phasing. Ghostface’s stealth ability being just a general mess.

The devs: y'all hear something?

Survivors: DS ISN'T TRIGGERING EVEN THOUGH I HIT THE SKILL CHECK!!!

The devs: We are so sorry to hear about that so to compensate for that it will be fixed in the next hot fix and along with that you will have five seconds of invulnerability after using DS.

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Easier fixes.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

There is a few games coming out this year that might give DBD some competition and i'm really hoping once the law suit is done someone new will make a new Friday the 13th game, thats all we can do is hope these games turn out good and we have more choices to play not just a couple.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

It just happened to be easier to fix?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

That was the point I was going to make. They have to figure out what's causing the bug first. That can be a nightmare sometimes.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I don't know how complex their coding is, I have never worked on games or coded for them, and I wager not many of us on the forums have either. Judging one fix, that was recently broken, against more complex fixes that might be affected by several variables sounds like a rush to judgment.

Just to be clear both sides are frustrated by lingering bugs. If the devs could wave a wand and fix them all, I'm sure they would.

• fredo_rdrgz
    fredo_rdrgz Member Posts: 7
    Options

Oh believe me i want to have faith that things will be fine but with how long all these bugs have been in the game and whenever they are brought up the developers get catty and either ignore or reply with sarcasm. Its just unacceptable to me, thats just me though they preach about balance but don’t even bother to.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I bet there's some more $10 cosmetics coming soon though... I don't care how the game plays as long as I can look cool and spend ridiculous amounts of money on digital clothes....lol. At least have some resale or trade value 🤮. Bad thing is that every bug fixed seems to create more bugs...🤦‍♂️

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Exactly. The devs can't replicate these bugs, how would they be able to fix them?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

going to assume most bugs are easier to find and fix then others

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

You can't hear spirit phasing when you're in her terror radius. This is intended.

If you can hear it, it's broken

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Its not limited to her 2nd blink. Sometimes she can't even blink the first time, effecively allowing the survivors to hold the game hostage.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

More the reason people don't play as nurse these days

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Who would've thought that a bug that was related exclusively to one killer due to a known mechanic would be easier and faster to fix than stuff you literally cannot pinpoint the cause of?

Some of yall don't understand coding and it shows

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142
    edited February 2020
    Options

Only "bug" I experienced frequently is the hit box bug. And I'm sure that is because of players with a bad connection.

And yes as long as they can't replicate certain bugs they can't fix them. Only bugs that can be reproduced on any machine can be easily fixed.

I never experienced any of the bugs mentioned in this thread.

I'm also pretty sure that there are more bugs, even with UE4, on console than on pc.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Indeed, corrected, thank you.

As survivor i can hear her phasing sound in her terror radius.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

Man it's almost as if a certain group of people were proven wrong yet hey in a few days another thread will surface about Devs favoring survivors more in terms of bug fixes of all things.

"Durrr hurrrr DS was broken and it was fixed within a week! Brrehhd what about this killer??? Wow bias!! Ergh"

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Are we really going to ignore how Wraith a Spirits lunge got fixed?

• GrootDude
    Options
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    Options

BHVR is really trying to compete with Bugthesda.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@GrootDude

We dont ignore that wraith and spirit lunge got fixed but it took over a month to fix that. I was not able to play my spirit for over a month.

• GrootDude
    Options

I haven’t noticed that often when I play clown, sole survivor however currently does nothing and has done nothing for awhile. Don’t know why you’re trying to have a competition though.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Can't deny: I'm getting more and more tired of not uncloaking from stuns but looking like you're uncloaked.

Then my brain's like: "Look, there's your weapon, you're uncloaked, bruh."

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

Killers are in a sad state right now. I think that the majority of killers have a game breaking bug that they're dealing with. Here's a partial list that's reposted from an earlier post in this thread.

All killers - survivors aren't making sounds

-Trapper: Invisble aura for near traps

-Wraith; Many problem with uncloaking by a pallet or a flashlight

-Billy: Ghost chainsaw (rare)

-Nurse: Infinite blink sound and animation

-Myers: Stalk regression (Dedicated servers ?)

-Hag: Weird camera after teleportation (Dedicated servers ?)

-Clown: Bottles can collide wth invisble wall (rare but devastating for a poor trash-tier killer)

-Spirit: Sound problem (All killer suffer for this) + As a survivor i can hear her phasing sound in her terror radius.

-Plague: Vomit doesn't infect survivors sometimes (Dedicated servers ?)

-Ghotsface: Impossible/delay to lean (Dedicated servers ?)

Generator grabs are bugged

• Lucian
    Lucian Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2020
    Options

-Don't forget the bug for Demo to get stuck in random trees in swamp still.

-And don't forget if Oni is stunned after his power is used up he's stuck in an animation loop of putting away his weapons.

Also, #########..

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69
    Options

the devs knew what was causing the Decisive Strike bug. Im willing to bet all my money they had it fixed the same day, if not next day, the bug was found out. It was being in Madness Tier 3. Much easier to isolate the line of code causing the bug. Plus i'm willing to bet killer powers are more complex than perks to code. Yes many bugs have been in the game for WAY too long and need to be looked into yesterday. Dedi servers are bringing many problems and i just wish they would bring back PTP and work on them. Both sides suffer from it and from my experience killers suffer way more.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173
    Options

Pretty good job so far! Keep doing what you are doing!

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123
    Options

I had "tombstone piece" and I thought I grabbed a surv off the pull but no, they get the gate open and escape. Lame. Also my stalk would turn off all of the sudden too.