Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you really think it could be a wall smasher killer for chapter 15 (Leak)

Yes no?

Answer here

Best Answer

Answers

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

If it is a wall smasher killer the devs must be working their asses off to rework all the maps so that it fits with his power, because currently i see many maps were he just wouldn't work

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

I doubt it due to the massive map reworks needed and considering we ain't seen any new stuff or obstackles or whatever on these maps despite getting god how many killers. This wouldn't be like randomly throwing some shrines down that are only circumstantially relevant like the plague.

Most likely if they were going to implement wall smashing it would be a killer who can simply phase through things. As that requires no map reworks. Just affecting the killers code itself.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@RGplaysDBD

A few people have suggested the idea of a Mr. X Killer from RE2, or something similar to Mr. X. Naturally Mr. X is known for chasing the cast of RE2 and breaks through walls on a regular basis.

But that's just a suggestion, the point i'm making is that a Killer similar to that would be a cool concept to have in-game... but here's the problem. Not only would his power be designated to break through walls, but that's have to give him this power around EVERY MAP including the ones that naturally have no walls at all.

So, personally, I don't think the power itself to smash through walls is a viable and/or feasible power to add to a Killer, since it would require making cool-downs for the power so it isn't OP and it would require a lot of maps to be reworked to add in various "breakable wall" points and walls in-general in most areas.

(tl;dr)

Personally, it isn't really a practical thing to do at this time and I doubt because of these limitations that it ever will be added, but that's just my opinion. As for the next Killer being a wall smasher in Chapter 15? No, we need solid evidence for that before we can make a decent theory about it being a wall smasher... and they'd have to do a lot of work to make his power viable in-game on maps with no walls (as stated above).

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

So the wall smasher killer will be The Worm from Pink Floyd's The Wall album?

You know... "tear down the wall! Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall! Teaaaaar doooown theeee waaaall!"

:p

The chasing song will be "Run Like Hell".

OMG, am I dreaming too much??? Pink Floyd is life!

• FireHazard

I doubt that'll ever be a thing tbh.

Not to be that guy, but I couldn't see a creature from an album being a Killer in DBD, even if this was a meme.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Yeah, im just joking around so we can have a happier day. :)

• FireHazard
    edited February 2020

Understandable, but i'm usually negative so i'm never happy 😉

That's only half true above, half for the memes half because it's my personality lol.

• LaurieMainz
    LaurieMainz Member Posts: 34

No. A lot of maps would need reworks, it would be too over or underpowered.

• FireHazard

I don't think it would be overpowered if it had a cool-down or a condition based system for the power itself, but the power isn't a feasible thing since most maps have barely any walls.

Some maps with loops don't even have walls at all, they just have blockades to loop around like Azarovs for example, so the power itself isn't really realistic.