Live Q&A: Technical Stream

13»

Comments

• nimesulide
    nimesulide Member Posts: 39

What kind of benefits do you, developers get by using dedicated servers? (like statistical data you wouldn't be able to collect otherwise)

What were your hypotheses of benefits of enabling dedicated servers, and which of them were validated / which of them turned out to be false? (btw, I really like the dedicated servers, they were a huge plus for me: constant, low ping, consistent hitbox counting)

What are the parameters for map generation/randomization (like relationship of randomized objects and must-have objects)?

How is it calculated, what could be a grab or a simple hit in the game?

What are the biggest technical challenges when implementing new behavior/mechanics in the game (like the resettable pallets or the upside-down)?

How is the dev teams working process (e.g. scrum, kanban...)?

I know I've just broke the one question per person rule, but I would be happy to hear the answer for any of these. :)

• SamuraiDragon27
    SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 105

Is it possible for killers like say Spirit or Oni, who have longer weapons to make a hit connect further than say a killer like clown or legion, who have smaller knife weapons? Or is that just a visual thing?

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

Is disconnect penalty coming back ? No more rage quits pleeeeaaase :(

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

How do the hitboxes feel when you guys actually play your game?

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 715
    edited February 2020

When a survivor is in the hit cone in front of me and animation enhancement kicks in to make the confirmed hit look better which yanks my camera towards survivor centre mass; what causes the hit to whiff and the camera to ‘bounce’ off the survivor?

I’m on PS4

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

What is the cause for the "hook tech" and why does it take so long to fix an exploit?

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126

How am I getting hit even though the killer is nowhere near me?

EX: I play on PS4 had a match yesterday on Springwood against a Billy. We were at the fence area infront of the preschool, I was vaulting the window at it and he was on the other side at the edge of the long part of the fence (since I went past there and went to vault the window to gain more distance). Then he precedes to swing randomly in the air as I was vaulting and the game says it hit me even though he was nowhere near me at all. I do not have video proof sadly but situations like this have been recorded by other players.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Can you explain how item consumption addons and perks are calculated and stacked?

With one or two sample calculations of Streetwise + Botany Knowledge for example. The samples wouldn't even need to be explained in detail, a link or forum post to reread would be enough

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

When are you going to address grabs? It is impossible to grab a survivor since the dedicated servers went live on ps4. When killer goes for a grab the animation starts, survivor runs away unscathed while killer stands there like an idiot locked in animation and unable to move. A lot more survivors are aware of it now and abusing it by stopping the action before the grab coonnects

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Will we get a region lock for the dedicated servers to prevent those toxic russians from infiltrating european servers and messing with our gamefun respectively preventing people switching servers on purpose to get bad ping?

• Defect
    Defect Member Posts: 1

Is 144fps on pc planned at some point?

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Will we ever get an option to uncap FPS?

If not, why is there a cap on FPS in the first place?

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2020

How are survivors supposed to protect a hitbox when they have no idea where it is?

This discussion has been closed.