Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Any killers got tips for a newbie killer?

I've just recently started playing killer after many many games as a survivor, and I'm honestly havin' a bit of a hard time with getting any kills. My matches typically end in zero kills and at least 9-14k bloodpoints, mainly for chasing. Also I should mention that I play nurse, she seemed like an easy killer ta play 😅

Best Answers

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure I'd recommend Hillbilly as a first Killer myself. I, personally, find his chainsaw a bit unwieldy to use easily. That COULD just be me, though.

That said, among the base game Killers I'd suggest Trapper or Wraith to start with. Outside of their powers (setting traps and invisibility, respectively) they're fairly basic and can help with getting those basics down without excessive gimmicks or tricks to worry about. That's the main reason I agree with avoiding the Nurse, at least at first. She plays differently from every other Killer so she isn't a good choice for learning Killer in general.

For more general tips, a free things I can think of are, when in doubt, patrol generators to find Survivors, and try to be careful of tunnel vision, not to be confused with tunneling, where you focus on one chase to the detriment of your ability to pressure the rest. You've likely has Survivor games where the Killer was so focused on one person you could do your thing basically unhindered.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓

No problem, I do hope you enjoy playing with him, he can be quite fun when you start to learn his patterns and most efficient play-styles.

And if you enjoy playing Nurse than you can watch the several other videos above that'll give you an idea on how to use her more efficiently.

Answers