Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

NoED needs a rework.

Since the ruin rework, more killers have been using NoED, which in my, and many others' opinions is an overpowered perk. The only counter is to cleanse all the totems on the map, or look for it when it has already been activated. I can't count how many times I have played survivor against a killer who hasn't done very well the whole trial, for them to get easy kills because my teammates can't/won't find the totem. I have died on first hook multiple times because of it. It practically encourages toxic behavior such as hook camping, while not against the rules of the game, it isn't fun to play against.

The easiest ways to rework the perk, would be to either make it a token based perk, or to make it an active totem all game.

Some killers tend to rely on this perk, thus not improving their own gameplay, and making the endgame less fun for the survivors. This perk desperately needs a rework.

Comments

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81

The NOED is OK in my opinion. It is not because of NOED, it is because of bad teammates. For me as SWF or randoms, I take totem cleansing stuff seriously instead doing gens. I usually count them and memorize where I broke them and still look for remaining totems. Usually those randoms cleansed the others so... If I can not find the other totems or I am not sure that all of totems are not cleansed, I just try not to take a hit before the killer catch me after finishing the last gen. As SWF we count totems that we break and even we have opportunity to finish the gen, we let it %95 percent to be sure the last totem is cleansed. Then we pop the gen and escape safely. There is an actual counter on NOED. But the problem is that you are with bad teammates. I mean I usually guess whether the killer has NOED according his playing style so I play depending on this about totems. It is not a bad idea to put NOED since there are smart survivors, they think that they need to cleanse all totems before the last gen is popped

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Noed is actually fine, I would say it just needs a requirement like "hook atleast every survivors once" or "If one survivor is sacrificed or killed noed can be activated after the last gen is done".

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The only counter is to do totems...but it's such an easy way to counter a perk. The only change I want for NOED is to give survivors the exposed effect the moment the last gen pops. That's the part I despise about that perk. If it was like haunted grounds I wouldn't mind the perk nearly as much because then you can actually prepare for it. It's just a cheap way of oneshotting one or two survivors and killers are relying on that surprise factor way too much because a survivor shouldn't expect to be suddenly one-shot at the end of every match.

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

I really don’t mind noed at all. I don’t get why the community hates the perk for the reason that it rewards the killer for “playing bad” as they say and that it’s a “baby killer perk”. Noed I see it more as a second chance perk for killer. If they couldn’t do well during the main game then they could hopefully pull something off during the end game.

Why judge a killer for using a second chance perk but be completely fine with survivor second chance perks? I’m talking about the dead hards, the DS, the unbreakables. I don’t care if you run these perks or not, if it’s in the game you are allowed to use it even if I don’t like going against them. However if you are going to think poorly of a killer for just running that one perk while you have these perks popping up all the time and think that these aren’t in the same kind of group as noed? Then it’s pretty hypocritical.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Noed is fine. Do bones.

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223

Just spend a couple of seconds cleansing the totem. It’s not hard. If you are having a hard time, use detectives hunch perk.

• Marcavecunc

B-b-b-but.. 14 seconds per totem! That's 70 seconds!! That's AAAAALMOOOOST a full generator! What a waste of tiiiime, to prevent not going down in one hit at the endgame!

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223
    edited February 2020

Lol, how much time does “that” player spend using self heal? Or just sneaking around hiding in lockers when killer ain’t even near instead of doing gens?

Survivor can also just do gens and find the totem after all gens are done.

• Marcavecunc

Haha seriously? If I spot a totem and a generator, I'll get the totem done first, then work on the generator. Totems don't give notifications, generators do. So finishing the generator first would alert the killer, and he'd find me cleansing the totem, I could have to stop after 12 seconds, and start over again. Now THAT would be actual wasted time.

• VigilStrange
    VigilStrange Member Posts: 57

I played a game as killer a while back and was using NoEd. Had a guy running Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, and Mettle of a Man. This was before the MoM nerf, and so also before the DS change.

He used every one of those perks. Injured him, downed him. Picked him up and DS. Hit him and MoM was in effect, Swiped and Dead Harded out of it, hit again and downed him. Fifth gen popped and he Adrenalined, and ran. Caught up and downed him, while he's injured mind you, but NoEd was exposed, and he DCed.

On Xbox, so being curious, I asked him why in the messenger, and he said that NoED is unfair and unbalances the game.I hit him 6 times, and then would only have been able to hook him. He could have still been saved and escaped, but because my NoED which didn't even affect him is unfair and unbalanced, I couldn't get the hook that I WORKED for.

On the flip side, as I play survivor as well, yes it SUCKS when you get hit by NoED first. It SUCKS when your "teammates" open the exit gates and bolt because they're afraid of NoED, instead of looking for the totem, or attempting to save you. That doesn't mean it's a bad perk.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

Just cleanse Totems.

I agree with @ALostPuppy , just give survivors the Exposed status when all gens are done.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Simply is a second chance killer perk, like many perks for survivor. Counter do bones. If noed needs nerf, then nerf alsi adrenaline, and adjust the genrush situation, cause noed conuters adrenaline/genrushers who not search/do bones.

• danielbird11
    danielbird11 Member Posts: 150

i think all we need is a totem counter so the perk would be more balanced towards solos

• Marcavecunc

Then they could add a counter to Small Game. As basekit for all survivors, no. The excuse to make things better for solo players is ridiculous. They need to give perks the kindred treatment to balance things out, not make things basekit. What next, self-care be basekit "to make things more balanced towards solos" just because randos don't always heal other randos?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, when you take away a killer’s solution for a big problem without fixing the main problem, then you’re going to get more noed players. If Behavior fixed the issue of map size/overall killer weakness, then Noed wouldn’t be used as much... because there would be better builds that don’t need it.

You’re thinking of how to balance ebony moris, BenZ0. I disagree that it needs a requirement. The requirement is that the killer is in such a bad situation that it gives a little bit of an edge.